SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Discuss Push with other users.
Badger45

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by Badger45 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 am

Will this work on 9.0.6??

triant

Post by triant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:07 am

yes, it will work just fine. nothing was changed in the push scripts from 9.0.5 to 9.0.6. my bad for not updating the docs!

however, 9.1 will require a new version of seapush. i should have that ready before the official 9.1 release.

Badger45

Post by Badger45 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:03 pm

props on such fast support Triant!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Sweet!
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Before updating to 9.1 will it be necessary to replace the original push script or will it be written over?
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Written over.
Tarekith

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:19 am

Tarekith wrote:Written over.
Just to be clear, .. Currently running the Seapush script, I can do the 9.1 update (when available) and then apply the new updated Seapush script once released? Thanks.
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:36 am

Correct. When you install 9.1, it will over write the Seapush script, you will no longer be able to use it until these guys update it. Once they do, easy enough to copy it back to the app and use the new version though.
Tarekith

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:09 am

triant wrote:
basically, the .pyc file (which comes in the folder by default) will be updated, but the decompiled .py file will not be updated since it's not expected to be there by the updater. then when ableton runs, the .py file will be compiled and will overwrite the updated .pyc file with an out-of-date .pyc file, breaking compatibility. you cannot then just remove the modified .py file because the updated .pyc file has already been overwritten.

thus, the gist of it is: before updating to a version of live that changes the SkinDefault.pyc file, you need to restore the original version of the folder (or at least remove the seapush file); thus auto-updates should be disabled.

(I made this mistake when updating to 9.0.5 - I had a backup of my OLD push folder but no copy available of the new version of SkinDefault.pyc, which had been overwritten by the presence of my (now out-of-date) 9.0.4 version of seapush. so to fix it i had to download a fresh copy of live in order to get the updated files. i then had to wait for someone (i.e. drez) to decompile the new file so i could update seapush, which is when i decided to share it.)
Thanks.
I just reread this earlier post by triant which is why I'm still a little confused.. just trying to head off a collision. I guess for safety sake it's wise to replace the default file/folder, at least until someone reports different.
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Lostbeat

Post by Lostbeat » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:31 am

awesome, thanks!
made my own 'underwater' (ish) theme, free download from my site: fb.com/lostbeat

Image Image

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Any update on Seapush for 9.1?
Tarekith

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:48 pm

lyovino wrote:
triant wrote:
basically, the .pyc file (which comes in the folder by default) will be updated, but the decompiled .py file will not be updated since it's not expected to be there by the updater. then when ableton runs, the .py file will be compiled and will overwrite the updated .pyc file with an out-of-date .pyc file, breaking compatibility. you cannot then just remove the modified .py file because the updated .pyc file has already been overwritten.

thus, the gist of it is: before updating to a version of live that changes the SkinDefault.pyc file, you need to restore the original version of the folder (or at least remove the seapush file); thus auto-updates should be disabled.

(I made this mistake when updating to 9.0.5 - I had a backup of my OLD push folder but no copy available of the new version of SkinDefault.pyc, which had been overwritten by the presence of my (now out-of-date) 9.0.4 version of seapush. so to fix it i had to download a fresh copy of live in order to get the updated files. i then had to wait for someone (i.e. drez) to decompile the new file so i could update seapush, which is when i decided to share it.)
Thanks.
I just reread this earlier post by triant which is why I'm still a little confused.. just trying to head off a collision. I guess for safety sake it's wise to replace the default file/folder, at least until someone reports different.
I think an easy solution to this would be to just rename the left over .py file after you changed the color scheme (and before you up-date Live!) to something like seapushSkinDefault.py.
This way it will not hinder the new SkinDefault.py to be overwritten by Ableton, and if it turns out to be compatible you just rename the seapushSkinDefault.py to SkinDefault.py, so that it can NOW rewrite the Abletons overwritten SkinDefault.pyc.

drez

Post by drez » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Lostbeat, I really like that color choice!
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

willdahbe

Post by willdahbe » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:12 am

Tarekith wrote:Any update on Seapush for 9.1?
It would be nice to have the Seapush template for 9.1, but wouldn't every new beta they release break the script?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:17 am

Hard to say. I'm "guessing" that it's safe for 9.1 at this point. :wink:
Tarekith