Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
milosh

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by milosh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Doesn't work here
I unzipped the file to user remote scripts folder but Live9 doesnt see "Launchpad95" on control surface list in pref.
There's only regular "launchpad" there :(

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:09 pm

It does not go into the "User" remote script folder.

It goes into the remote scripts folder for program resources within the directory of the Live 9 software.

You will see a lot of directories of factory scripts.

Good luck. It's worth the trouble :D

milosh

Post by milosh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks yur2die4!!

milosh

Post by milosh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:31 am

It works great...
All I can say is I love Launchpad95 !!!
It gives so much inspiration and improves work flow when making music...
Thank you mots!!

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi I've just started running it on windows 8 - the metronome on the step sequencer doesn't work anymore - it presents a snapshot of the clip position at the moment I touch the launchpad and then stays there until I push another button. Anyone else have this problem?

mots

Post by mots » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:58 am

oddstep wrote:Hi I've just started running it on windows 8 - the metronome on the step sequencer doesn't work anymore - it presents a snapshot of the clip position at the moment I touch the launchpad and then stays there until I push another button. Anyone else have this problem?
Hey,

i don't have a windows 8 computer to try it out. but if you send me the log file i could have a look at it, BUT...

i posted an update that could fix problems around that area and that also bring compatibility for Live 9.1 beta !
the update is at the usual place :

http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

DjDyck

Post by DjDyck » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:39 pm

compatibility with version 9.06?

Thanks

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:13 pm

fix works for me. win 8. 9.06. cheers!

Zubben

Post by Zubben » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi,

I am writing cause I noticed when I press the second mode for the step sequencer, I still get the lights from the push mode. Is there a way to fix this, as we have a gig tomorrow and I can't seem to find the older version.

mots

Post by mots » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Zubben wrote:Hi,

I am writing cause I noticed when I press the second mode for the step sequencer, I still get the lights from the push mode. Is there a way to fix this, as we have a gig tomorrow and I can't seem to find the older version.
hi,

i'll have a look. but worry it is just a visual glitch. as workaround, you can just press the 1st scene button and then release it. this will clear the display.

i will try to solve the problem soon !

henri

edit: bug squashed ! you can get the update there : http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

Zubben

Post by Zubben » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:55 am

Thanks for the quick fix! Amazing!

mots

Post by mots » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi all !

i updated the scripts and fixed a few bugs around the stepseq.

I updated the documentation and the package and they are available at the usual location :

please do not hesitate to send some feedback and bug report !

cheers,

henri

coke

Post by coke » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Incredible mapping! just discovered this today and my launchpad is back to life.

I was wondering if it is possible to have some kind of markers on the session view of launchpad? I would love to have color representation of the clips, but of course that's not possible with two leds. But could you make that clips that are red in ableton live are shown as red in the launchpad instead of amber? That would make so easy to organize my live set as I would have visual markers when something important happen (for example a change of BPM or a track that's somehow special)

(I know is a long shot and very specific case but maybe you can help me?)

Thanks again!

mots

Post by mots » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:58 pm

coke wrote:Incredible mapping! just discovered this today and my launchpad is back to life.
thanks ! that is the whole idea behind L95 :)
coke wrote:I was wondering if it is possible to have some kind of markers on the session view of launchpad? I would love to have color representation of the clips, but of course that's not possible with two leds. But could you make that clips that are red in ableton live are shown as red in the launchpad instead of amber? That would make so easy to organize my live set as I would have visual markers when something important happen (for example a change of BPM or a track that's somehow special)
Launchpad led colours are too limited to follow clip colours in any meaningful way, plus all colours on the launchpad already have a meaning (playing, recording, etc).
but the blinking orange colour is not used in session mode. so... i did a little hack ! if you set your clip colour to white (the last colour available from the colour selection drop down) the clip (while being stopped) while be blinking orange on the launchpad. i hope this helps !

at the same time i modified the behaviour of the session view a little; clip slots that will trigger a recording if pressed now light up in red !

update is at the usual place along with some small improvements !

cheers

coke

Post by coke » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:34 pm

mots wrote:. i did a little hack ! if you set your clip colour to white (the last colour available from the colour selection drop down) the clip (while being stopped) while be blinking orange on the launchpad. i hope this helps !
This helps a lot! I (plan to) use 4 channels for live use (the first four channel) and sometimes it's difficult to see where I am. With this I will use one, two, three or four blinking slots to signal different things for an easier live performance with less screen looking :D.
mots wrote: at the same time i modified the behaviour of the session view a little; clip slots that will trigger a recording if pressed now light up in red !
Genius! is very frustrating to try to stop a clip in an armed track!

Now, if I only had a way to map my unused session buttons to temporary engage ("gate mode") live fx... :lol: (Now it involves a little bit of midi routing).

THNKS, YOU ROCK!