Live dropouts at the exact same spot!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
imagineowl

Live dropouts at the exact same spot!

Post by imagineowl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 pm

The moment I duplicate time or create time, in any file new or old, plugins or no plugins. It dropsout out where ever I created it. I even deleted everything and put a simple loop over where I "duplicated time" and still drops out! BUG?

It'll play perfectly fine, then right before the spot where I duplicated time or created time, it'll pause for a split second.

I have a Mid 2012 15 Macbook Pro Retina and shouldn't be doing that. It's both with the built-in card and an external audio interface. It's been doing this since 8 so I dont know what it is! :x

Weird-thing: When I change the buffer samples up or down, it'll fix it but it will comeback randomly. It could fix it at one setting, then I restart the program, have the exact same settings then the dropout is there.

Anybody got any ideas, tips? What really sucks, is that it exports like that.
Macbook Pro Retina | 2.7 Ghz i7 | 8GB Ram | 512 SSD
soundcloud.com/locs

JBlongz

Re: Live dropouts at the exact same spot!

Post by JBlongz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:12 pm

I have a 15" Retina too with no probs like that. I was going to ask what audio card you're using, but since you say it actually exports with the dropouts, I'd rule the card out. Do you have any automation running or master or track in question at the dropout location? What version of Live are you running?
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

imagineowl

Post by imagineowl » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 pm

JBlongz wrote:I have a 15" Retina too with no probs like that. I was going to ask what audio card you're using, but since you say it actually exports with the dropouts, I'd rule the card out. Do you have any automation running or master or track in question at the dropout location? What version of Live are you running?
I'm running live 9.0.1. It did this in the previous version too. I would of thought the card too, but I use two different ones at different times, and still dropouts in the same place. I don't think its the automation, because I can delete everything, tracks clips, then place a simple loop over the spot, and it still pauses. Very odd.

The one work around I found is to create a new set, and drag the clips from the from old file, and the dropouts are gone. I just can't ever duplicate time or create time.
soundcloud.com/locs

imagineowl

Post by imagineowl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Wow, after 6 months i figured it out smh :?

It was the Ozone 5 plugin on my mastering track. :x
soundcloud.com/locs

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Care to elaborate ? As in, what exactly in Ozone did cause the dropouts ? Might help others that experience a similar problem (not me, just sayin').

imagineowl

Post by imagineowl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:26 pm

If I edit the arrangement while I have the limiter on Ozone, especially deleting or adding time, it seems like Ozone does handle it very well. The only way I can describe it...It's like it doesn't empty out the cache correctly. All I have to do is create a new instance of Ozone and it works fine.
soundcloud.com/locs