Epic Drum Racks Vol. 1 (free drum machine library/drum rack)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wascal

Re: Epic Drum Racks Vol. 1 (free drum machine library/drum rack)

Post by wascal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:02 pm

This is awesome - cheers!
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 am

If youd consider doing them in Simpler format, Id be seriously delighted and very grateful. Rocking Kontakt here unfortunately.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:50 am

I hvae just grabbed this to try when I get home. Really appreciate the sharing as I have started putting together complete drum racks but it seems to take forever I keep getting side tracked making another track instead of organizing stuff.

Very noble to offer your hard work for us all and will remember this one.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:25 am

Hi & thanks for this. I downloaded and followed instructions. When I went to save the arg Ableton gave me a dialog saying all of the files could not be copied. Not sure why? Live 9.5, I'm on a Mac BookPro OSX Mountain Lion.
Also, (this may sound dumb, but I have not had much experience saving macros/racks) - should I 'group' the macro and rack and save that group?

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:17 am

Hey artpunk. I can duplicate the error in Live 8, but not 9, which is weird (as I created it in version 8 ). I'm looking into it, but for the time being, try accessing the EDR Vol. 1 project .als file from the Live browser and drag it into your session from there.
Last edited by Illiac on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

dewaldo

Post by dewaldo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:33 am

artpunk wrote:Hi & thanks for this. I downloaded and followed instructions. When I went to save the arg Ableton gave me a dialog saying all of the files could not be copied. Not sure why? Live 9.5, I'm on a Mac BookPro OSX Mountain Lion.
Also, (this may sound dumb, but I have not had much experience saving macros/racks) - should I 'group' the macro and rack and save that group?
I had the same error. Running Live 9.0.5

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Illiac wrote:Hey artpunk. I can duplicate the error in Live 8, but not 9, which is weird (as I created it in v.8). I'm looking into it, but for the time being, try accessing the EDR Vol. 1 project .als file from the Live browser and drag it into your session from there.

I tried your suggestions, thanks Illiac, but still get the same error message. I also see references to a control surface UC33e (which I don't have) when selecting individual pads and right clicking in the title bar of the rack etc... could that be a/the problem?

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:16 am

Weird. This looks like a Live bug. I'll submit a report.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:41 am

Hi,
Just to say that the install didn't work in Live 9.0.5.
All I did was dragged the EDR Vol.1 file into my projects folder & opened up the EDR Vol.1 als file by double clicking in the Abes file browser in Live 8.
This took a while to load, but once it opened, I grouped the Macro (the 4 bank selector knob) & the drum rack & dragged it into my Live 8 Drum Rack folder, which I can access from Live 9.
Last edited by Sibanger on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Logic8807

Post by Logic8807 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:57 am

Simply effing amazing. THANK YOU!
https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:11 am

Added a link in the first post for a version using Simpler, instead of Sampler.

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:43 am

Illiac,

Thanks much for your efforts. Every time I open this in 9.06 or 9.1, Live crashes shortly thereafter. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

:)

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:33 am

Does this work in Live 8 anyone? Downloading now - i'll post my thoughts.

Thanks OP!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 am

Not sure on Live 8 but works well on live 9/9.1 just fine. Opened and checked it out. Nice way of creating easily flickable-thru kits. I love the effort and the rack, is very nice. Many of the samples are a little low-fi for my tastes and I have created kits almost the same as this in the past but I prefer much smaller kits because I "Collect ALL and Save" on every project when done and this results in the collection of over 1GB of unused samples unless I render the track which I never like to do.

It is awesome tho as an easy way to just get some drums happening to jam with and I am blown away with the effort to get all the kits working just to offer it up free. That is a huge plus and well worth anyone checking out. Might post back when I get more of a chance to really sit down with it more.

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:48 am

Thanks for checking it out! I do tend to favor dirty drums, but there's a lot of clean kits in there, too. I tried to represent the full range of the instruments sampled.

There seems to be a duplicatable error when trying to save the rack to one's library (Live bug report submitted). For now, one can either save the rack as one's default template, or open the session file when one would like to use the drum rack.

jbone1313: The rack is a little over 1 gig. Maybe it's a RAM issue?

boderekstits: Yes, this was created in Live 8.3, so it will be compatible with that version and above (including 9).