Touchable V2 Update?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
adamdegraff

Touchable V2 Update?

Post by adamdegraff » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Anybody got an update on Touchable V2 release? I'm wanting to move over to Live9 but Touchable's EQ8 doesn't work in Live9, and that's a deal breaker for me. Patiently waiting, but wondering how long I'll have to patiently wait... :-)

smallprint

Re: Touchable V2 Update?

Post by smallprint » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:42 pm

still nothing firm in terms of dates. best place to keep up to date is their Facebook page.

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Just a little bit more! We're in the last stages of beta testing, to ensure we have a smooth launch of V2.

As a little teaser.. the new EQ8:

adamdegraff

Post by adamdegraff » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Chris, that's AWESOME! Really excited for v2! Love Touchable!!! If you need another Beta Tester, let me know. We use T1 live all the time and would be happy to help you flesh out any last kinks.
Best,

Adam

Valery_Kondakoff

Post by Valery_Kondakoff » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:42 am

Chris / touchAble wrote:We're in the last stages of beta testing
It's funny, that touchAble people are more active on this forum, than on their own support one. There are many reports of touchAble 1.33 crashing in iOS7. The 'reinstall' workaround doesn't really work, as touchAble begin to crash again shortly after the reinstall.

What can we do to fix this? Currently touchAble seems to be unusable on my system (MacOS X 10.8.5, tA server 1.3, Live 9.0.6, iOS 7.02). Can I ask for tA 2.0 beta access to be able to continue to worknwith tA? If there are plans to update the tA 1.3* to work with iOS7?

Thank you!
CU
VK

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:44 am

Lets hope stability is the main focus.

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:14 pm

@Sibanger It definitely is!
And i think we succeeded :)

@Valery:
We have sent an update to apple that will fix the issues of v1 with iOS7. It will be a few more days before it is through the review process though..
Until then the only way to fix it is deleting and reinstalling the app when it starts crashing. (or deleting the touchAblePrefs.plist from the apps directory via itunes)

Valery_Kondakoff

Post by Valery_Kondakoff » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Chris / touchAble wrote: We have sent an update to apple that will fix the issues of v1 with iOS7. It will be a few more days before it is through the review process though..
Thanks for the update.
CU
VK

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:23 am

Chris / touchAble wrote:@Sibanger It definitely is!
And i think we succeeded :)

@Valery:
We have sent an update to apple that will fix the issues of v1 with iOS7. It will be a few more days before it is through the review process though..
Until then the only way to fix it is deleting and reinstalling the app when it starts crashing. (or deleting the touchAblePrefs.plist from the apps directory via itunes)
Thanks Chris, looking forward to the update.

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm

quick update: 1.3.6 is out, hopefully fixing the issues that happened with ios7!

Valery_Kondakoff

Post by Valery_Kondakoff » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:05 pm

This update fixed the crash issue for me. Thanks!
CU
VK

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:07 am

Hi all,

I know this question is hard to answer given that it's not out yet, but based on the original Touchable, do you think the new Conductr is going to be a better solution for the live performance side of using Live?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48W2RpNMBHY

I'll be getting an iPad soon and Touchable2 looks like it will be great for controlling studio and production sessions, but wondering if it will be as good for live performances?

Essentially I want to have access to most of a fairly basic DJ setup on one page.

Cheers!

debrice

Post by debrice » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:48 am

Do people generally prefer touchable or live controller 2? What strengths/weaknesses do each one have? Thinking I might move to using these...

oriol_CONDUCTR

Post by oriol_CONDUCTR » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:55 pm

stevemac wrote:Hi all,

I know this question is hard to answer given that it's not out yet, but based on the original Touchable, do you think the new Conductr is going to be a better solution for the live performance side of using Live?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48W2RpNMBHY

I'll be getting an iPad soon and Touchable2 looks like it will be great for controlling studio and production sessions, but wondering if it will be as good for live performances?

Essentially I want to have access to most of a fairly basic DJ setup on one page.

Cheers!
Hi Stevemac,
You can already take a look to Conductr working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRVUyxKmvJk
Hope it helps!

Oriol Rosell
http://www.conductr.net

samsteeno

Post by samsteeno » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:27 am

Still waiting for TouchAble 2! Any update on the release? Can it replace Lemur/TouchOSC/LiveControl? Does TouchAble surpass? Thanks :)
The Finn wrote:Believe you me, after the coming apocalypse, when we are all reduced to huddling around little fires in the smoking ruins, your Ableton Push is not going to make any sounds.
https://soundcloud.com/sam-steensen