Discuss Push with other users.
Ubik

Browse vst from push - video

Post by Ubik » Tue May 28, 2013 10:28 am

Has anyone seen/tried this ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9MRT78bOt0

glitchrock-buddha

Re: Browse vst from push - video

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Now that user Places can be browsed (with the newest beta), less hacking is required.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Wed May 29, 2013 10:34 am

That's basically what he's doing by creating a batch script that will browse every preset in the vst and store them into a instrument rack. If i understood correctly he created a folder structure and arranged the presets in it, then he modified the virtualFolders.cfg and BrowserComponent.py to be able to sort the presets by genre on Push.
It's still a lot of work to be able to browse your vst and their preset but the batch script thing is interesting.

queglay

Post by queglay » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:04 pm

There's been more developments since I made that video. And no hacking is required to the browser component file or python scripts now.
It's possible to browse Native Instruments presets on push using the AudioModder Push VST Bridge for OSX which I've been working on throughout this year.
It makes Push and VST Presets browsable on the LCD display.

It currently includes a very comprehensive list of the Native Instruments and Soundtoys VST presets-

The VST Bridge will incorporate more VST's in the future and is constantly being updated.
I intend to add UAD Plugins to the supported list of presets next, and ensure better compatibility with Windows in the future.

Drum Racks-
Maschine Kits as drum racks (1 pad per sample to improve routing in ableton)
Maschine Kits as VST (Maintains kit's effects)
Battery 4 Kits as VST
Abbey Road 80's Drums
Abbey Road Modern Drums
Studio Drummer

NI Effects Racks-
Guitar Rig

Soundtoys Effects Racks (64Bit Au Only) -
Crystalizer
Decapitator
Echoboy
FilterFreak 1 & 2

VST Instrument Racks-
Absynth
FM8
Massive
Monark
Prism
Razor
Carbon 2
Skrewell
Spark

Kontakt Presets-
Alicia's Keys
Balinese Gamelan Library
Berlin Concert Grand
Evolve Mutations 1
Evolve Mutations 2
George Duke Soul Treasures
Kontakt Factory Library
New York Concert Grand
Scarbee Guitar and Keys
Session Strings Pro Library
Upright Piano
Vienna Concert Grand
Vintage Organs
West Africa Library

Single presets for-
NI Solid Bus Comp
NI Solid Dynamics
Soundtoys DevilLoc/Deluxe
Soundtoys LittleMicroShift
Soundtoys Radiator/LittleRadiator
Soundtoys PanMan
Soundtoys PhaseMistress
Soundtoys Tremolator
Last edited by queglay on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Load VST Presets from Push's Browser!
http://www.audiomodder.com

Monchai

Post by Monchai » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 am

What he did is pretty cool but I wonder if I'll be able to browse custom presets thai I made, and how to do that.

queglay

Post by queglay » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:27 am

Unless they are part of a standard tool set, I can't do that. But you can use the posted batching tutorial to learn how to do your own if there are too many to do manually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9MRT78bOt0

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:59 am

I'm currently doing this same process for many of my VSTs. I am not looking at creating EVERY preset for EVERY VST I own but I do hope to be able to get everything organized nicely.

One of the things I wanted to be able to do was have a way to export custom drum racks and other custom patches from my synths. I am on PC and I use AutoIT a LOT for various automation and hacking tasks so decided to sit down and figure out a few simple automation processes that could take presets from a VST and save them as a rack.

The unfortunate thing is that every VST needs a different method to get a preset and as with all these batches, it would only work on my machine but it is actually not that hard and if anyone wants to learn a bit of Auto-IT and do this for themselves I would be happy to post a script that shows what I did. It's actually pretty simple and I have one I have run through Sylenth1 and extracted over 100 presets in about 20 minutes.

Well worth learning if you like to make everything the way you like it.

queglay

Post by queglay » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:04 am

Keyboard maestro is what i use. It also uses image recognition to detect loading bars on things like kontakt. Keyboard maestro is easy to use.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:35 am

queglay wrote:Keyboard maestro is what i use. It also uses image recognition to detect loading bars on things like kontakt. Keyboard maestro is easy to use.
Is it available on PC?

I've managed pretty good with AutoIT. I can look at pixel colours for dialogue boxes and loading delays so it is pretty reliable and since the process is similar for each VST it is pretty easy to move to another one. Just a few small challenges along the way but good fun.

I have completed "wrapping" Sylenth1 patches (500 in total) and have just started the Omnisphere patches but this will take a LONG time as there are thousands of patches in multiple categories. I am going to try and recreate the folder structure as is in the Omnisphere browser which will mirror presets but make it easier to browse on the LCD.

It would almost be possible to run this script on any PC but the only way I can figure out how to SAVE a preset in live is to click the Instrument Rack save button which would change screen position on a different resolution monitor and different display size.

For anyone willing to make mods in AutoIT I am happy to share what I have done. I also have a "default" Omnisphere patch I work from which has most of the main controls configured in nice sets of 4 or 8 but only applies to channel 1 in omnisphere.

joefrost01

Post by joefrost01 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm doing something similar with Omnisphere using Keyboard Maestro on the Mac. Out of curiosity, which controls did you configure in Omnisphere?

I also found it useful to split some of the folders by Library as the Atmosphere patches tend to be lighter on CPU than the Omnisphere ones.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:25 pm

joefrost01 wrote:I'm doing something similar with Omnisphere using Keyboard Maestro on the Mac. Out of curiosity, which controls did you configure in Omnisphere?

I also found it useful to split some of the folders by Library as the Atmosphere patches tend to be lighter on CPU than the Omnisphere ones.
I pondered for about an hour on the best way to sort the patches. Using the exact same layout as in Omnisphere (with both librarys set as global) the task is much more mammoth than I first thought since many patches appear in multiple categories but this allows simple browsing via the selections (genres). One good thing though is the browsing is basically exactly the same on Push as it is in Omnisphere so it's easy to remember where presets come from

I also spent about 2 hours setting up as many controls as I could justify which ended up being about 100. I only used 1 channel and mapped pretty much all your common controls (ADSR, Cutoffs, Pan, Volume, Glide etc etc). I also added in an EQ8 on the output chain and have left the Macro knobs empty for per-preset assignment.

I have ran the script for about 5 hours through the day unattended most of the time and I have managed to complete the ARP+Rhythm\Modern section only (which is about 1/30th of the way in total and 1400 patches though many are duplicates in folders. After I get through this task I will look at creating a new default template for the Multis and see what I can manage on those.

If anyone is interested to check out the presets and try browsing from Push here is a link to the ones I have done:

>>Link<<

Only the Arp+Rhythm \ Modern presets are included and you should create a folder in your root User folder for "VST Synths" and place this in there. The folders go 4 levels deep so less nesting for this the better.

Please Note I will NOT be making changes to these presets unless you want to pay me but I am willing to offer the complete set via email for Free.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks for sharing, very interested in the Omni work you guys are doing.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

joefrost01

Post by joefrost01 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:50 pm

I've also done all the synth sections from Trillian if that's of any use?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:53 pm

I don't have Trillian unfortunately, but if more Omni patches are mapped that would be something I'd use a lot since that's more or less my main synth.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Tarekith wrote:I don't have Trillian unfortunately, but if more Omni patches are mapped that would be something I'd use a lot since that's more or less my main synth.
I am currently working on the rest of Omnisphere. Since this is aimed at my own needs I have done the mapping of controls to suit me personally. If anyone who has Omnisphere would like to confirm the patches work and are fine for use then I will press on (I am sure it is ok).

I have a VNC session from work to keep my scripts running so probably in a week I will have the complete set for all to download.

In regards to Trillian, I would love the patches. I don't own Trillian but I have eben considering it for a long time as good quality basslines is something I always struggle with so if that saves this whole process over that would be great.