Best iPad mic stand mount for singer/guitarist?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Fizmarble

Best iPad mic stand mount for singer/guitarist?

Post by Fizmarble » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:34 pm

I am putting together a live solo act after years of gigging with a friend as a duo. I've never done a solo show before and I'm preparing my act.

I will be looping my guitar through Live to allow for guitar solos and layers. As I'm just starting out, I don't have all songs memorized and also I plan on playing songs I've never played before (exciting). I intend to use my iPad for lyrics/chords, but I need a way to mount it so I can read it easily, and because I'm playing guitar, it needs to be a boom mic stand. Does anybody have any experience in this type of a setup? I want the best setup I can get. I'm trying to do this right from the start.

Thanks for reading.

H20nly

Re: Best iPad mic stand mount for singer/guitarist?

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:40 pm

i don't have any experience using the iPad in the way you've described, but i have a SE Refexion filter that i have on my mic stand... it would require a boom stand but the ones that would support the weight were really pricey... so i used an overhead symbol stand instead. this was about 1/4 the cost of the boom and way more stable. an iPad mount that has a clamp would work with it.

just thought i'd throw that out there.

also, there's this: http://caddiebuddy.com/ipad-tripod-moun ... QgodMWkApw

good luck with the project.

Fizmarble

Post by Fizmarble » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion, and the well wishing. I'll consider the product in your link an option.

I really would like to find something that attaches to a boom mike so that I only have one stand. I'm trying to keep setup as simple as possible, as I will be the only guy lugging gear and setting up/tearing down.

misa

Post by misa » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:16 pm

I've been using the Konig & Meyer holder. It is well built, and they are a reputable company specializing in music stands. They have a few varieties of mounts, but from what I'm understanding in your post, this one would fit your needs:

http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info= ... eo0u6i8df7

Fizmarble

Post by Fizmarble » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:44 pm

That does appear to be what I'm looking for. Thank you for the contributions. Now, to find a dealer and place my order! :D