Live 9.1 any news

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
david.barker

Live 9.1 any news

Post by david.barker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi there :D

Just wondering,if there is any news when Live 9.1 is being released.Understand that its under beta test right now

Would liked to have joined but to busy with my actual job,outside the world of making music

Cheers
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

tone61

Re: Live 9.1 any news

Post by tone61 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:00 pm

+1

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:33 pm

I was one of the people protesting and generally hating on live 9... I am back in love again with 9.1. A few people are still having chashes here and there, but I think they may be ready for release soon... I haven't had any crashes in the last 5 betas!

Browser is still the new browser, I was hoping they might add at least 1 'open' folder tab that won't be indexed... didn't happen, but on the positive side, the browser feels faster (or maybe they just broke me in).

I LOVE dual window... couple people don't like the way its implemented, I feel it was well done! I called it dual window on purpose... It does not rely on you having 2 monitors. It's 2 Windows... YOU chose where they go! you can have the 2 windows on 2 separate screens if you want, or both on the same screen. I like to stack them on top of each other so I can see my arrangement in one window and I maximize my faders in the second window underneath. or when I'm working on different clips, I keep 1 window maximized on clip view only so any clip I touch in the other window shows full size in the second window.

I am Loving 9.1!!!

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Willyum wrote:I was one of the people protesting and generally hating on live 9... I am back in love again with 9.1. A few people are still having chashes here and there, but I think they may be ready for release soon... I haven't had any crashes in the last 5 betas!

Browser is still the new browser, I was hoping they might add at least 1 'open' folder tab that won't be indexed... didn't happen, but on the positive side, the browser feels faster (or maybe they just broke me in).

I LOVE dual window... couple people don't like the way its implemented, I feel it was well done! I called it dual window on purpose... It does not rely on you having 2 monitors. It's 2 Windows... YOU chose where they go! you can have the 2 windows on 2 separate screens if you want, or both on the same screen. I like to stack them on top of each other so I can see my arrangement in one window and I maximize my faders in the second window underneath. or when I'm working on different clips, I keep 1 window maximized on clip view only so any clip I touch in the other window shows full size in the second window.

I am Loving 9.1!!!

Thanks Bud

Good to hear some positive news,about Live 9 ,amongst the negatives.I'm really looking forward to using dual screens too :D
Going to increase the real estate for sure
I'm using Reason with Live so having both as dual screen will be a great help,lol

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:24 am

Just curios: can you use the two monitor set-up to see two audio or midi clips in clip view at the same time? Probably not, huh?!

timday

Post by timday » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:51 am

Have they fixed the smart snap? Please let them have fixed the smart snap.

Krypt1k

Post by Krypt1k » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:37 am

Please fix smart snap! Even something in the options.txt. It's a workflow killer for some of us especially on laptops. All major daws have a option for fixed snapping! :?:

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:19 am

just join the beta and see by yourself :wink:

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:51 pm

timday wrote:Have they fixed the smart snap? Please let them have fixed the smart snap.
+1

Tis very annoying. Shame the browser hasn't been reworked too. It would be nice to be able to browse more things with Push as well.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:41 pm

The new additions are great, but they get undermined by the issues with the browser and smartsnap.

The funny thing is: I'm sure they made the browser this way to priotitise their content (their categories, their content, their authors, all at the top, no filtering) . But because of that I find I'm using the comparable Native Instruments products instead, because I can find my content in there so much easier. A simple solution!

Sadly I've found no way around the snapping issue.

kenporter

Post by kenporter » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:14 am

Angstrom wrote:The new additions are great, but they get undermined by the issues with the browser and smartsnap.

The funny thing is: I'm sure they made the browser this way to priotitise their content (their categories, their content, their authors, all at the top, no filtering) . But because of that I find I'm using the comparable Native Instruments products instead, because I can find my content in there so much easier. A simple solution!

Sadly I've found no way around the snapping issue.
I have to agree, the browser and smart snap are some of the weakest new features. I really liked snapping in Live 8 and if I wanted to temporarily disable it I simply pressed the CMD key. Not sure what was wrong with that implementation and why it needed to be changed.

The other big one for me right now, since I got a rMBP, is support for retina displays. Looking at a pixelated screen is really, really hard, and makes my eyes burn especially after using Logic. Weird that Studio One, ProTools, Logic etc. all support retina displays already... at least Ableton's website is hi-res, so much more important than Live itself! :(

Ken

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm bumping this.

I'm confident that it'll be ready when it's ready :P

Just, I'm wondering if it 'feels' closer to release soon.

I don't like the idea of fiddling with betas. Installs and updates and all that.

But the features sound so damn juicy haha

Are there any unique features in the works on this that haven't been revealed on their promo video?

I imagine they are making sure to have another promo vid ready for the release haha

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:50 pm

yur2die4 wrote:I'm confident that it'll be ready when it's ready
i concur.

jbw

Post by jbw » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:16 pm

How about an approximation?

9.1 Beta was announced what? Middle of September?

My guess would be in the next month or two.

But uh... Yeah, I really have no idea. :mrgreen:

I'm getting anxious though. I'm sitting here with the demo, which is 9.0.6, running in Mavericks and was all set to buy until I saw that it's not guaranteed to run in Mavericks. Haven't had any problems with the demo so far, though I haven't really done anything too extensive. I want to get crack-a-lackin' though with the paid version.