subtle mac wheel of death since mac OS X Mavericks update

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tristankb

subtle mac wheel of death since mac OS X Mavericks update

Post by tristankb » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:30 am

Seems that when scrolling over arbitrary items such as clips in session mode, the blank space in-between the sample editor box and the clip view box, and even when moving the mouse completely off Ableton, ill get the mac wheel of death for about a fraction of a second. Almost like just an extremely quick snippet. This just started happening since u updated to OS X Mavericks last night. I have an early 2013 MBP Retina, running Ableton 9.0.6 Standard Edition. Im convinced it has something to do with the fact that the Maverick update is fresh off the press. When the wheel of death does appear rarely yet spontaneously, it doesn't seem to effect anything going on, whether its my mouse movement, audio playback or any of the functions within Ableton itself...just seems odd. Anyone else have anything like this happen yet? My suspicion is that as more ppl update to Mavericks this may be more commonly seen and hopefully remedied quick!

Tysonviolin

Re: subtle mac wheel of death since mac OS X Mavericks update

Post by Tysonviolin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:04 am

Ableton says you need the new 9.1 beta for Mavericks so I'm not surprised.

reeloy

Post by reeloy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:32 am

....thanks for beta testing and troubleshooting....but stop complaining....you are using a 9.0something software on a brandnew os that is a few days old.....so you're definitly more into beta testing than into producing music seriously....

vanhaze

Post by vanhaze » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:45 am

I have also that very same problem,but i don't have it in Live only.
It appears also in other programs and in finder.
So seems to me it's not related to Live.
Btw: i use Live 9.1b23.
Rob van Hees
Macbook Pro 15", 8 Gig Ram, Mavericks 10.9, Novation Impulse, Maschine MKII, Live 9.1 (latest beta 64bit), Logic Pro X 10.04, Protools 11.02, just too many plugins.

Cassp0nk

Post by Cassp0nk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:16 am

reeloy wrote:....thanks for beta testing and troubleshooting....but stop complaining....you are using a 9.0something software on a brandnew os that is a few days old.....so you're definitly more into beta testing than into producing music seriously....
Not really a brand new OS, its been available to devs for months. Plenty of companies have shipped compatible versions of their stuff already...

reeloy

Post by reeloy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:33 am

....same old story...dealing wirh updates or dealing with music....

tristankb

Post by tristankb » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:28 am

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I have now noticed the wheel comes and goes during things like web browsing and even within Apple's applications; so its no surprise that Ableton would be an different. Thanks again.