Mouse and Keyboard drop out with Maverick update

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
infinitesinewave

Mouse and Keyboard drop out with Maverick update

Post by infinitesinewave » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm having a serious problem. I just updated to Maverick (I wish I hadn't) and every time I load Ableton 9 Suite (64bit), the mouse and keyboard drop out of the screen after 5 minutes of working. I am unable to stop the audio, and the only way to reconnect the mouse and keyboard is to shut down the computer by holding the power button. I have a new macbook pro. Mountain Lion worked fine. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I noticed that it happens when I zoom in.

Moosebear

Re: Mouse and Keyboard drop out with Maverick update

Post by Moosebear » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 pm

This is a known issue that has emerged in the last couple days, seems to be with Mavericks generally, it's being reported by owners of new Macbook pro's, like me who are facing this:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/28/own ... ll-issues/

I havn't even installed Live yet, waiting for this to be resolved with my new box. Sucks!

infinitesinewave

Post by infinitesinewave » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Don't panic... I'm using a workaround. Thank God I found what causes it. What you have to do in order to deal with it is to zoom in to about 1/20th of the track right when you load up the track. That way you are close enough to get things done. Then, DO NOT TOUCH THE ZOOM BUTTON. Just move left and right to move to the desired location. At least I was able to work. Ableton... GET THIS FIXED ASAP PLEASE!

Moosebear

Post by Moosebear » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Infinate your zoom may well trigger the lock-up, but the issue precisely as you describe it: keyboard and mouse lock up but music keeps playing, happened to me in Safari, clicking on a preview of an itunes track, then again doing something else unrelated in Safari.

The issue seems to be with the public release of Mavericks. If you read thru this thread, you'll see it triggered by dozens of things:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/54 ... 0&tstart=0

infinitesinewave

Post by infinitesinewave » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:51 pm

My fault... I should not have updated so quickly... but then again... it's their fault... they put their stamp on it saying it's the best thing since oreo cookies... and then BAM, you can't make that million dollar hit you were working on.

www.youtube.com/infinitesinewave <-- cheap promo plug

infinitesinewave

Post by infinitesinewave » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:41 am

I'm getting really upset at this problem. Ableton... please take care of this as soon as possible. I am starting a new track... (where I need to zoom in and out) and I find myself completely unable to work because the entire computer becomes unresponsive by zooming in. It makes me very upset to spend so much money on Ableton 9 Suite and then have such a BIG problem with it. Please tell us you are working on this!!!!

Frozen artist

IG88

Post by IG88 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:14 pm

I am having this same problem, the mouse and keyboard drop out forcing me to hold down the power button to turn off. Leaving me unable to finish any work that i NEED to get done. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I will never upgrade to a new OS so blindly ever again.