emulating Push encoders with other controller (possible?)

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
3dot...

emulating Push encoders with other controller (possible?)

Post by 3dot... » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:35 am

I'm using Launchpad + LPC-ditto for Push functionality... would be nice to add some knobs..
my knowledge of the control_surface realm of the LiveAPI is too weak I'm afraid

any example you can provide on how i would go about to build that would be appreciated...

Because789

Re: emulating Push encoders with other controller (possible?)

Post by Because789 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 am

I don't quite get what you want to do.

Maybe you want to control the same parameters the Push encoders are automatically assigned to with the pads of your Launchpad?

If that's the thing I think there's no way around Python...
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 am

i want to use 8 encoders (from a midi controller / not the Launchpad) as if they were attached to push..
the pads functionality is already available in lpc-ditto and is less than ideal...

I want to supplument the Launchpad push emulation with 8 knobs and 16 buttons from my BCR

If you can help that's great...

Because789

Post by Because789 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:41 am

Now I see. If you really wanna emulate all the modes the encoders can be in on Push, I think that would be a hell of a lot of work in m4l.

So first I would make sure there's no remote scrip out there which already does what you want. And I'd checked if MapEase for the BCR2000 could be of any help (http://www.nativekontrol.com/MapEase_Series.html).

If that brings no success I still would think about adapting the encoders part of the Push remote scripts for the BCR. I'm pretty sure Stray would be willing to give you some hints for that task if you ask him directly.

If you finally are sure that m4l is the only way for you, I'd start by studying http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... 00-control. I haven't done that, but it looks like it should give you at least some hints on how to establish communication between Live and your BCR (always assuming that your controller is a BCR2000). And from there a lot of detail problems will cross your road which probably are best asked specifically...
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

ST8

Post by ST8 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:19 pm

One of these days ill finish up LiveDevice....
http://roygbiv.org.uk/midi-controllers/livedevice/

Almost sorted out the new pcbs a while ago, but still gotta get some enclosures made