Mavericks crashes: anyone else?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xzusa8ky

Re: Mavericks crashes: anyone else?

Post by xzusa8ky » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:26 am

nope!
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:42 am

eddiex wrote:problem solved...it was the mouse (bluetooth)
I've got beach balls all over the place, it's like a fucking holiday in Tenerife here. What exactly did you do to solve the problem? (not using BT mouse here, just laptop trackpad).

Cheers

lady_nyx

Post by lady_nyx » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:15 pm

same here... getting royally p*ssed off now! :x

Jacqueslacouth

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:44 am

I could not even open Live 9.06 at all, instant crash every time since installing Mavericks. Signed up for 9.1 BETA and the same thing. Went back to Mountain Lion...no problems...good effort Apple! Sometimes I wonder how developers can be bothered with Apple, constantly having to rewrite becvause of their arrogance.
Loving your children, caring for the environment and respecting each being you meet for who they are and not who you think they should be....COOL!!!!!

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:34 am

Think different. Make different. We are unique.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 am

dazzer wrote:
I've got beach balls all over the place, it's like a fucking holiday in Tenerife here.
Cheers
:D

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:47 am

Mavericks corrupts external hard drive
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/54 ... 0&tstart=0

pr0fessor

Post by pr0fessor » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:48 pm

I've been getting freezes.. but if you stop and cmd/option/esc.. .usually that will pull it out of a freeze. (just don't actually go through with the force quit)

I think many 3rd party plugs are just not ready for it... I'm still using Sylenth in 32bit mode, just so I can still use that synth. Most of the 64 bit plugs do seem to be working, and Live's freezing doesn't really seem to have a specific 'task oriented reason' ...

Hope this helps. I've been playing around with the beta for 9.1 and that hasn't frozen yet on me, but I haven't really put it through the ringer; and certainly haven't used it for professional projects.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Jacqueslacouth wrote:I could not even open Live 9.06 at all, instant crash every time since installing Mavericks. Signed up for 9.1 BETA and the same thing. Went back to Mountain Lion...no problems...good effort Apple! Sometimes I wonder how developers can be bothered with Apple, constantly having to rewrite becvause of their arrogance.

And this is why Microsoft hasn’t released a new version of Windows since 1995. Only arrogant companies upgrade their software. Or force people to instantly upgrade through some kind of "it's free" scam which is literally impossible for users to resist.

Fuck you crApple!

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:38 am

beats me wrote:
Jacqueslacouth wrote:I could not even open Live 9.06 at all, instant crash every time since installing Mavericks. Signed up for 9.1 BETA and the same thing. Went back to Mountain Lion...no problems...good effort Apple! Sometimes I wonder how developers can be bothered with Apple, constantly having to rewrite becvause of their arrogance.

And this is why Microsoft hasn’t released a new version of Windows since 1995. Only arrogant companies upgrade their software. Or force people to instantly upgrade through some kind of "it's free" scam which is literally impossible for users to resist.

Fuck you crApple!
I know, right? maybe one day they'll get down from their ivory towers and be forced to walk amongst the commoners, and experience firsthand the minor inconveniences their software causes to early adopters with no foresight.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:34 pm

antarktika wrote:
beats me wrote:

Fuck you crApple!
I know, right? maybe one day they'll get down from their ivory towers and be forced to walk amongst the commoners, and experience firsthand the minor inconveniences their software causes to early adopters with no foresight.

Worse still, Apple never gives advanced access to developers to an upcoming OS upgrade. They just drop it out of the blue and without warning on the same day as for us civilians, unless you’re part of that elite class that uses the Internet. At the very least Apple shouldn’t release a new OS until all developer software is 100% stable on the current OS for at least a year. All Apple’s fault all the time. I’m outraged!

Mike Reynolds

Post by Mike Reynolds » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Having the same thing happen with 9.06, also when scrolling/zooming. Stripped down to using no 3rd party plugins, just Live standard. No M4L, no Push, nada. Same thing. Getting very frustrating.

Mike Reynolds

Post by Mike Reynolds » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 pm

CMD-Opt-ESC does break out of it though. Thanks for that tip.

DarkFutures

Post by DarkFutures » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Ableton is crashing for me on Mavericks. :(

However a friend is running Ableton & Mavericks fine, he didn't update to the latest Java when requested.

Is it this that's causing the crashes? Is there anyway to roll back a previous version of Java?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:28 pm

No idea, but running the latest java here too with no issues. Are you guys getting all these crashes still on 9.06, or the beta?