You can only rent Adobe software going forward

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
lowshelf

Re: You can only rent Adobe software going forward

Post by lowshelf » Wed May 29, 2013 7:57 pm

HOBBITS :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed May 29, 2013 10:56 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:in 2003.
could you expound a little more on this notion please?
thanks.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

murgatroid

Post by murgatroid » Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
murgatroid wrote:By the time current products can't be used in years from now, others will have filled the void
From a 'power user' standpoint, I highly doubt that... Not many have arisen over the past 15 years to challenge Adobe, and that's not likely to change now. Those that have cropped up find themselves in a very low share of the market. Vegas, combustion, etc. meh. Extremely small user base.
:

I dunno. Adobe may not be what it is if not for its being paired with Apple and of course Apples dominance in the art and design profession in the pre 2000 era. Times are much different. Probably THE only obstacle for another company is that Adobe's brand is burned into peoples brain. Another company would need to throw its bulk of money towards marketing really.
But I'm only talking about a photoshop, and perhaps illustrator, 'killer' here. Photo editing runs the gamut from serious big money pro's to joe blow hobbyist rather than the more high end pro arts like film, tv and animation production.

So as far as I'm concerned Adobe can keep the whole acrobat (snore), web and print page design, film editing and effects, etc.

I used to be a pro commercial photographer but mostly before digital became dominant. Pro, non pro... I think most want to hold onto their autonomy. 20 years from now (if I live that long), I want to be able to buy a used 2010 Mac Pro and load my CS5 into it... AND STILL.... create artwork that would be no less relevant than whatever the future adobe cloud CS269 and 500ghz cpu's happen to be doing

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:39 am

Whoa, the prices for cs6 went thru the roof since they changed their business model!
I don't want to pay for a year, I want to keep my software... But I won't pay like 30% more for the bundle than in April....
Did you guys jump on the cs6-wagon since their announcement?

Jack McOck

Post by Jack McOck » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:58 am

Pixelmator have just easteregged vectomator in their latest build. Allowed me to start the now defunct "Schwarzen*gga" thread. Fast, intuitive, powerful... and 30 bucks.

FACT.

:x

earthloop

Post by earthloop » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Looks like Adobe are feeling some pressure over their subscription plan...especially on the pricing...after the on-line backlash to their new marketing model.

http://photorumors.com/2013/06/16/adobe ... ive-cloud/

and today this: http://photorumors.com/2013/06/19/adobe ... more-45142

The internet is a wonderful thing! :D

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Good. This cloud shit is getting out of hand.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:49 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:This cloud shit is getting out of hand.
agreed.

regardless of whether or not Adobe decides to give 3 tons of additional content and 42 additional features to the cloud folk... the cloud shit is still out of hand. the belief that someone will manage your documents better than you because they have a backup system is like asking the guy next to you at the bar to watch your wallet while you go to the bathroom. the relationship you have in 5 minutes and half a pint with that guy is more full than anything you will ever have by entering your email address and contact info into an online subscription signup form... and i mean hey, the DMV has a backup of your license and the CC companies have a backup of your cards, fuck it!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:25 am

so... I have a (legit) Mac CS5 license... but no install media. Can anyone of you help me out?

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:25 pm

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:51 pm

i tried prodesigntools.com... it's what led me to give up and try here... seemed like the entire web was pointing at that site, but every time i followed the links i ended up at CC instead of CS5... Adobe. :x

those ftp links look really promising though. thanks for those!! :D

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:05 pm

H20nly wrote:i tried prodesigntools.com... it's what led me to give up and try here... seemed like the entire web was pointing at that site, but every time i followed the links i ended up at CC instead of CS5... Adobe. :x
If I'm thinking of the same place - the prodesign tools site wants you to have an Adobe account logged in to access the downloads, otherwise it will bump you. It doesn;t mentio0n this though, so it seems perplexing.
If you do not have an account : visit adobe, register with any email address, and no need to wait for an email - you are immediately logged in with whatever bollocks you just typed. Now the demo downloads become active.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:12 pm

8O those sneaky bastards.

thanks for the tip. it's good to have another option. i'll give this all a go when i get home.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Jack McOck wrote:Pixelmator
This.

And as far as I’ve seen it’s free upgrades for life. Or at least every major upgrade from version 1 to now has been free.

Find it in the Mac App Store app.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 pm

i went to school for design... so i have to use Adobe products to justify my student loan expense. :x