who is actually going to fall for obama care

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: who is actually going to fall for obama care

Post by beats me » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Back to healthcare and the Obama administration, and this might have already been mentioned (maybe even by me :? ), but when Michelle Obama adopted the cause of healthy eating and exercise the Republicans lost their shit and went “How dare you tell us what to eat and how to live our lives!”

I seem to recall Laura Bush adopted the cause of literacy and not one Democrat went “Fuck you and your book ready!”

So the Republicans are against a healthy lifestyle AND paying for the inevitable results when you don’t have one. Seriously, WTF is wrong with the Republicans?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Hey, let's send the DESCENDENTS back! I'm sure their great great great grandfather's houses and businesses will be ready for them to return to at a moment's notice, in a country not completely fucked by the actions of western imperialism.
it would be way too complicated... just trying to find the receipts alone could take ages. then there's the original packaging all desiccated and dusty.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:08 pm

beats me wrote:Back to healthcare and the Obama administration, and this might have already been mentioned (maybe even by me :? ), but when Michelle Obama adopted the cause of healthy eating and exercise the Republicans lost their shit and went “How dare you tell us what to eat and how to live our lives!”

I seem to recall Laura Bush adopted the cause of literacy and not one Democrat went “Fuck you and your book ready!”

So the Republicans are against a healthy lifestyle AND paying for the inevitable results when you don’t have one. Seriously, WTF is wrong with the Republicans?
well first of all they can already read... so they didn't feel offended. secondly, they love Laura Bush. third, she's not a black woman whose husband they've pledged to cock block like a gaggle of cheerleaders. fourth, southern food tends to be greasy... so does goose liver.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:19 pm

you're getting can and will mixed up. as long as it's not new legislature they have been known to read.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:28 pm

H20nly wrote:
beats me wrote:Back to healthcare and the Obama administration, and this might have already been mentioned (maybe even by me :? ), but when Michelle Obama adopted the cause of healthy eating and exercise the Republicans lost their shit and went “How dare you tell us what to eat and how to live our lives!”

well first of all they can already read... so they didn't feel offended. secondly, they love Laura Bush. third, she's not a black woman whose husband they've pledged to cock block like a gaggle of cheerleaders. fourth, southern food tends to be greasy... so does goose liver.

OK, but in the long game they are slowly killing off their constituents by not wanting to pay for the results of eating their favorite food group, grease.

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Well first of all, the nutritional guidelines are complete bollocks... (he says gingerly sipping on a 12 year old Jameson...)
Last edited by Galt on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:55 pm

A coworker was telling he was watching Foxnews last night (DOH!) and there was a man with Cancer and his current insurance got cancelled because it doesn’t provide the basic coverage Obamacare demands. His monthly payment then went from $350 to $1,500 which he can’t afford so he’s just going to have to die. As sad and as true as that probably is, this is the Republican’s new Joe the Plumber.

But let’s make it all about partisanship and not discuss the fact that we live in a capable wealthy country that lets people die because they can’t afford the bill. And wouldn’t it be American thing to do to just drone strike his ass so he doesn’t have to suffer? :x

And lets sure as fuck not discuss the fact that a lifesaving medical aid that costs $300 to manufacture gets billed out to the end user at $30,000. Without the 1,000% profit how can we expect medical device manufacturers to innovate further? :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:58 pm

beats me wrote:
H20nly wrote:

OK, but in the long game they are slowly killing off their constituents by not wanting to pay for the results of eating their favorite food group, grease.
consider the age of the average Republican mouthpiece in office.

now multiply that number by the number of stars on the rebel flag and divide by the number of African American woman in the White House pointing at the truth and rubbing their double chins in it.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:20 pm

In related personal news I got a Fitbit One a couple weeks ago. On an average day I walk about 2,000 steps and 1.5 miles less than the recommended 10,000 steps and 5 miles minimum per day. I plan to solve this shortfall by walking to the Taco Bell down the street for dinner instead of mostly standing still in my kitchen cooking dinner. :x

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Galt wrote:

Well first of all, the nutritional guidelines are complete bollocks... (he says gingerly sipping on a 12 year old Jameson...)
Of course. Everybody knows that all scientists are corrupt and stupid, mere slaves to a reptilian oligarchy bent on global domination for the last 2000 years, which they haven't achieved despite their alien technology.
And how's your diet going? :roll:

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Photo or never happened.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:07 am

Still didn't give In suckers !! Come find me USA govt u big pussys!!

Galt

Post by Galt » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Galt wrote:Photo or never happened.
It's true. I did lose 25 lbs but I put 1.75 lbs back on. I've hit a sort of plateau, need to crank up the program.
Photo or never happened.

andydes

Post by andydes » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 pm

john gordon wrote:Still didn't give In suckers !! Come find me USA govt u big pussys!!
:lol:

Somehow I'm picturing Tommy Lee Jones chasing you through pine forrests for evading your health insurance.

murgatroid

Post by murgatroid » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 am

beats me wrote:A coworker was telling he was watching Foxnews last night (DOH!) and there was a man with Cancer and his current insurance got cancelled because it doesn’t provide the basic coverage Obamacare demands. His monthly payment then went from $350 to $1,500 which he can’t afford so he’s just going to have to die. As sad and as true as that probably is...

know what's sadder? that so many like you immediately go to, 'it's probably true'.

first off, its fox. secondly, these people fox has been throwing on camera in an effort to prove their propaganda, on further investigation show their policies suck in the first place and they would not be paying more for a new policy THAT WILL COVER but rather less.

this is the same bullshit when this 59 year old woman shows up on tv a couple weeks ago saying she pays $54!!!!! a month for her insurance and will now nave to pay 'a much higher rate' of $179 a month (give or take)

first, there is no such thing as a $54 a month insurance policy for a 59 year old woman!! its a junk policy. it covers NOTHING!

secondly, she makes less than 30k a year and will now be paying much much less for a policy that WILL cover her medical needs.
fox cancelled her appearances after this was finally investigated by other 'journalists' who bothered to ask even the minimum questions.

look, as for the 'cancer guy'... i pay nearly $500 a month for JUST HOSPITALIZATION. this guy ain't getting jack shit for cancer coverage for $350 in the first place. guaranteed he'll have a replacement policy that will cover him for what he already pays more or less, depending on his income, which, if he's paying $350 a month now, he's not making a high enough yearly income to be paying $1,500.

pure fox/rightwing/republican BULLSHIT