Post Your Push VST Mappings

Discuss Push with other users.
TomViolenz

Re: Post Your Push VST Mappings

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:47 am

Well isn't 128 something like 8 Bit?! It could be that this limitation is hardcoded into Live. It's interesting in a way that you can side step that problem in Push, if you use their own devices. But I think the process of maping with them works as a totally different process.
There you just can't map certain parameters, that they decided, for some reason, not to make accessible to the API.

LFO and AUX Amount in Sampler, I'm looking at you! :evil:

Wait: 128 is 7 bit! That doesn't look right, 7 is not a "biting" that's used. What's the other bit doing? Maybe one more doubling would be possible...
Don't you got contact to people from Ableton in the Beta forums? Maybe ask there if they could double the parameters easily.
Last edited by TomViolenz on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

queglay

Post by queglay » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:57 am

it would be great if we could somehow catch a dial that is being touched to assign out own lfo...
Load VST Presets from Push's Browser!
http://www.audiomodder.com

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:02 am

queglay wrote:it would be great if we could somehow catch a dial that is being touched to assign out own lfo...
come again...? :?
I didn't get that, do you mean the M4L lfo?

queglay

Post by queglay » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 am

yes, the m4l lfo for example.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:34 am

queglay wrote:yes, the m4l lfo for example.
But don't you set the learn behaviour of the LFO up in the LFO? You can make your own mapping of M4L devices for Push, no?! Try to assign its maping behavior to an encoder in Push.

queglay

Post by queglay » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:56 am

welll theres no way yet, but im sure we could hack something together somehow.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Well isn't 128 something like 8 Bit?! It could be that this limitation is hardcoded into Live. It's interesting in a way that you can side step that problem in Push, if you use their own devices. But I think the process of maping with them works as a totally different process.
There you just can't map certain parameters, that they decided, for some reason, not to make accessible to the API.

LFO and AUX Amount in Sampler, I'm looking at you! :evil:

Wait: 128 is 7 bit! That doesn't look right, 7 is not a "biting" that's used. What's the other bit doing? Maybe one more doubling would be possible...
Don't you got contact to people from Ableton in the Beta forums? Maybe ask there if they could double the parameters easily.
Well I always post what I think is needed to the suggestion box on the site, as well as on the forums. At present, I think not many, if anyone cares about being limited to 128 parameters, which is totally understandable.

And you're lucky if you get feedback from Ableton at all, although they do respond to bug reports, two of mine being false.

On a final note, earlier I restarted my laptop after it powered off (battery is dead) plugged in Push and loaded up Live. It asked if I'd like to recover my work, which was a delightful gesture. I said of course, waiting for it to load up with a few instances of zebra etc. A critical error window popped up saying basically I have to fuck off. Then I starting hearing zebra-like feedbacks, synths, reverbs, and random sounds, even though Live was definitely not running anymore. I unplugged Push, checked everything, and every now and then still random harmonies of a dissonant nature.

I was sitting laughing at the whole impossible situation, so absurd, and the first time a crash was enjoyable.

It so happened that when I restarted, so did Firefox which was on a YouTube page with the 47 u-He tutorials by Howard Scarr running in the background, one after the other. I need a break.

queglay

Post by queglay » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:38 pm

128 is a vst limitation i believe. we are screwed if we want to tackle that problem. it should have been fixed when everything went 64 bit. that was the best change we had.

selthym

Post by selthym » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:41 pm

After "configuring" a vst, in my case Zebra, when i change a preset in the VST, the configured paramaters don't refresh.

Does anyone know why this is or a way around it?

My solution at present is to create a couple of additional configured racks that have a different sonic character.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:11 pm

selthym wrote:After "configuring" a vst, in my case Zebra, when i change a preset in the VST, the configured paramaters don't refresh.

My solution at present is to create a couple of additional configured racks that have a different sonic character.
I rack up each preset for Zebra 2. I also have different macros for each rack, tailored to the presets. You will occasionally find that when hotswapping/browsing racks, that some of the macros from the previously loaded rack will remain in the new one, as well as some Configure panel parameters slipping over. This creates total chaos with the newly loaded presets. I think it has to do with the modular nature of Zebra 2.

I have submitted a bug report to Ableton, and they did get back to me. I've sent them 4 examples of my racks in a set and they're looking in to it. Maybe it's just me.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

tedlogan wrote:
selthym wrote:After "configuring" a vst, in my case Zebra, when i change a preset in the VST, the configured paramaters don't refresh.

I rack up each preset for Zebra 2. I also have different macros for each rack, tailored to the presets. You will occasionally find that when hotswapping/browsing racks, that some of the macros from the previously loaded rack will remain in the new one, as well as some Configure panel parameters slipping over. This creates total chaos with the newly loaded presets. I think it has to do with the modular nature of Zebra 2.

I have submitted a bug report to Ableton, and they did get back to me. I've sent them 4 examples of my racks in a set and they're looking in to it. Maybe it's just me.
They've been able to recreate this bug in-house. It's not that high on their priority list though, but at least I know it's not my setup that's gone askew somewhere. When swapping between Zebra Instrument Racks, you will occasionally find that things go FUBAR.

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Mon May 04, 2015 5:15 am

Just wondering if anyone else has VST mappings to share?

FabFilter Twin, Albino anyone? :lol:

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Thu May 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Any more love for this thread or is there a better workround these days? Got a Push cheap and starting to explore....wow

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sun May 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Ive made about 35 vst presets racks for Push, by hand no macro auto, tryed to make the best an easy mapping for easy tweak. more are comeing every week/month.
come and get them for free. look what i done here: https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks and join the Group for free and pro Push ready Vst Racks.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Wed May 20, 2015 8:08 pm

kontour and razor Push ready tonight, join in and get a lot of racks to transform your push to your favourite VST

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks