Push Secrets - aka tiny tips

Discuss Push with other users.
lyovino

Re: Push Secrets - aka tiny tips

Post by lyovino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Hauke wrote:Well as you can see in a lot of other videos, the colors you see in the videos are often different from the live view. Also in my videos since I used different cameras. So you cannot really rely on that. For me the light of the pads is still a thing that could work better on the Push. Maybe some different dimming settings for the buttons and the pads would help.

If you look closely you can see that the power supply was not connected in that video.
Hauke your drum and bar pads looked as bright as in note mode. Thats what got my attention..
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

Hauke

Post by Hauke » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:06 am

lyovino wrote:
Hauke wrote:Well as you can see in a lot of other videos, the colors you see in the videos are often different from the live view. Also in my videos since I used different cameras. So you cannot really rely on that. For me the light of the pads is still a thing that could work better on the Push. Maybe some different dimming settings for the buttons and the pads would help.

If you look closely you can see that the power supply was not connected in that video.
Hauke your drum and bar pads looked as bright as in note mode. Thats what got my attention..

I see. Well, maybe it is a production thing. I heard! (with that I mean I don't know it exactly) some people were complaining about their pad light. Also you can see in my other videos (they are in German, but still) that the light is different almost every time :)

matthewvenn

Post by matthewvenn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:39 pm

press shift and master volume to control cue volume
live 9.1 & push

dmoon79

Post by dmoon79 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:26 pm

So to summarize this thread so far....(my apologies if I missed some)
  • press shift + master volume to control cue volume
  • Press and hold Duplicate while in Session Mode and tap on an existing clip. It will duplicate that selected pad.
  • If in Note Mode and you push and hold Session it acts temporarily. Allowing you to launch clips then release the Session button to jump straight back into Note mode.
  • SHift + Add Effect to add a MIDI effect.
  • When Browsing if you press the Load button when it's Amber it will automatically load the next Preset.

Hauke

Post by Hauke » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:42 pm

dmoon79 wrote:So to summarize this thread so far....(my apologies if I missed some)
  • press shift + master volume to control cue volume
  • Press and hold Duplicate while in Session Mode and tap on an existing clip. It will duplicate that selected pad.
  • If in Note Mode and you push and hold Session it acts temporarily. Allowing you to launch clips then release the Session button to jump straight back into Note mode.
  • SHift + Add Effect to add a MIDI effect.
  • When Browsing if you press the Load button when it's Amber it will automatically load the next Preset.

Shift + Add Effect is for putting an effect on the LEFT side of the selected device. Normally it will placed on the RIGHT side. So if you have selected an instrument you insert a MIDI effect of course.

drakeyboy

Post by drakeyboy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:39 pm

matthewvenn wrote:press shift and master volume to control cue volume
Oh yes thank you!
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad Xeon
OS X 10.5.8

matthewvenn

Post by matthewvenn » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:55 pm

press shift in the session view to get a quick navigation of all the scenes/tracks

keep touching a control (rather than press release) to temporarily see/set values (like press and hold session to see the session view while jamming in note mode). Works for lots of things.
live 9.1 & push

Tone

Post by Tone » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 pm

If you have a midi track recorded and you create a new midi track, Click on the first track with your mouse. Now push lights up the notes you already played while allowing you to play the new instrument. Great for layering.
MacBook Pro 15", 2.0 i7 quad, 16 gb ram, OS X 10.10.2, Live 9.6, PUSH II
https://soundcloud.com/nitepeople

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 pm

If you have a folder of your favorite shit that you really like, take one of the files from there and put it into some fresh channels in Live. Save it as a default or something.

Now when you go to that channel, there will already be something referencing a particular directory when you hit the Browse button (hot swap), so you don't have to dig through all the factory shit.

fin63rs

Post by fin63rs » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:45 am

tip: if you want to record a clip without first giving a fixed length and you stop recording just a little too late (for example, your recording is 2 bars and 1 beat) you can push the 'undo' button and it will reduce the length of the clip to 2 bars.