who is actually going to fall for obama care

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Galt

Re: who is actually going to fall for obama care

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Not at all. Muffin Chops here is arguing that deductibles aren't deductibles, and all because he's too emotionally invested to accept the reality that MC 'Bama is a dishonest twat.

It's not trolling to poke fun at brainwashed nut jobs sound biting.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:48 pm

don't you have a holocaust denial conference to go to or something?
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Galt wrote:Not at all. Muffin Chops here is arguing that deductibles aren't deductibles, and all because he's too emotionally invested to accept the reality that MC 'Bama is a dishonest twat.

Maximum out of pocket cost and deductible are different terms. You're intentionally mixing the two to make a deductible look massively high, it's a shit argument. A deductible applies to a single incident, maximum out of pocket cost applies to every single incident in a year. You could have 365 accidents in a single year and you won't pay more than $6350. Maybe the health insurance where you're claiming to be from this particular mult is amazing, but I've never had a policy that didn't have some sort of copay. Sometimes with a limit on the upper end rather than a maximum out of pocket cost.

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Galt wrote:Not at all. Muffin Chops here is arguing that deductibles aren't deductibles, and all because he's too emotionally invested to accept the reality that MC 'Bama is a dishonest twat.

Maximum out of pocket cost and deductible are different terms. You're intentionally mixing the two to make a deductible look massively high, it's a shit argument. A deductible applies to a single incident, maximum out of pocket cost applies to every single incident in a year
"Depending on the policy, the deductible may apply per covered incident, or per year." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deductible)

I understood this to mean year when I posted it, as is not unreasonable. And maybe this is the intended meaning, maybe it's not, but what's important is the jump from $150 to $6500. Whether this is a per accident or per year, the difference is still staggering.

LM is nitpicking to avoid the bigger picture. His position is absurd.

Also, he appears to be having a hard time reading—this is not my insurance policy, hence the link+quotation marks. Maybe my post was just too tl;dr. :roll:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:22 pm

right, except that the story that you are citing is deliberately misrepresenting the facts. there are no ACA policies that have a $6350 deductible, but many that have a $6350 maximum out of pocket cost.

I never thought that story was yours. as far as i know, you're a swiss holocaust denier, not an american tea partier.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Galt wrote: I understood this to mean year when I posted it, as is not unreasonable. And maybe this is the intended meaning, maybe it's not, but what's important is the jump from $150 to $6500. Whether this is a per accident or per year, the difference is still staggering.

You really believe under the past policy somebody could go to get medical care 100+ times a year and wouldn't have to pay more then $150 total out of thier pocket for the entire year?

It's not staggering when you realize they are talking about 2 completely different things.

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:27 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:right, except that the story that you are citing is deliberately misrepresenting the facts. there are no ACA policies that have a $6350 deductible, but many that have a $6350 maximum out of pocket cost.

I never thought that story was yours. as far as i know, you're a swiss holocaust denier, not an american tea partier.
When did i deny the holocaust?

Ooooohhhh... right, you're just making shit up, like the good little troll that you are.

Here's what happened:

1. I quoted a relevant article that I found interesting.
2. You attacked the article over the use of the word "deductible".
3. I demonstrated that this attack was absurd on multiple levels.
4. I'm now a holocaust denier.

I guess MC 'Bama needs his groupies. :roll:

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:28 pm

beats me wrote:You really believe under the past policy somebody could go to get medical care 100+ times a year and wouldn't have to pay more then $150 total out of thier pocket for the entire year?

It's not staggering when you realize they are talking about 2 completely different things.
Where I'm from, these figures would not surprise in and of themselves.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:30 pm

wait, so you're not a holocaust denier?

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:30 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:wait, so you're not a holocaust denier?
Not so far as I'm aware. I could be wrong though.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Galt wrote:
beats me wrote:You really believe under the past policy somebody could go to get medical care 100+ times a year and wouldn't have to pay more then $150 total out of thier pocket for the entire year?

Where I'm from, these figures would not surprise in and of themselves.

I’m sure, but now we can just agree you mistranslated it, but it’s not really your fault because it was quite misleading in the way it was presented.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Galt wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:wait, so you're not a holocaust denier?
Not so far as I'm aware. I could be wrong though.

bummer, i lost a bet. the guy who took my action was laying 4 to 1 odds though so i still feel like i made a pretty +EV wager.

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:44 pm

beats me wrote:I’m sure, but now we can just agree you mistranslated it, but it’s not really your fault because it was quite misleading in the way it was presented.
Absolutely. I have no problem recognising that information I found online could be wrong.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:44 pm

wait a minute, i think i see an out here! You guys usually call yourselves revisionists not deniers. Are you a revisionist? Or just more simply, do you not believe the "official story" of the holocaust?

just trying to save my bet here, man, help me out.

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:46 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:bummer, i lost a bet. the guy who took my action was laying 4 to 1 odds though so i still feel like i made a pretty +EV wager.
I actually have a hard time understanding the holocaust denier/revisionist's position. Deniers usually self-identify as nazis, yes? But then why deny what they should realise was Hitler's great accomplishment.