touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Le k

touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Post by Le k » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Finally, we pushed the button! touchAble 2 is up and we hope you will love it as much as we do!

here the official video:
http://youtu.be/7DbIcngBiVs

This new version is a ground up rewrite, with an entirely new code and design but also compatible with all iPad generations and coming as a free upgrade for all existing users.

The app features now: a 7th Module - Modular interface, Template Editor which lets you design your own Interfaces, a powerful MIDI Clip Editor, the Browser allows you to navigate through your Live Library ( and drag and drop audi effects, Midi effect, Instruments + samples in the drum pads), a Session overview, new design of Native Templates, Edit functions ( add, delete, duplicate, Clips, Tracks, Scenes, Devices, Stop Buttons), Better Group tracks access, Ability to plug an external midi controller and map it to touchAble functions and controls, New XY Pad, better multicontrols mode on Mixer, new Devices Combo Mode, Snap Mode with quantization, a single Control Surface Script for multi iPads, midi notes and CC assignable,no need of third party midi software for Windows users, and with countless new improvements and changes.

During the last months,we have focused our efforts on building with touchAble 2 the ultimate iOS control surface entirely dedicated to Ableton LIVE. In total, the new TouchAble 2 application is the result of more than 3 years of development started with version1.

A quick User Guide is included within the app, and a complete Video User Guide is available online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pexiiO ... 6wX4csD2OQ

visit http://www.touch-able.com for updated Server & Scripts.

For the lucky owners of PUSH: PUSH + touchAble is probably the best controller combination ever!

Can't wait to read your feedbacks,

have fun!
:D
TouchAble App - IOS controller for Ableton Live
http://www.touch-able.com

Sylvain Garcia / Le K Ableton Certified trainer
http://www.ableton.com/pages/education/ ... ain_garcia
http://www.le-k.org

john gordon

Re: touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Post by john gordon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Wow!

continuous

Post by continuous » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Beautiful work - Cant wait to try out the midi editor and the browser access!

ecapsretuo

Post by ecapsretuo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Thank you for excellent work to make this imagining a reality. I wonder when we will see touchAble on Android? The possibilities in combination with Push are exciting; perhaps any need Push users find to look at the computer screen can now be removed!

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:07 am

Looks pretty amazing! 8O 8O 8O

Le k

Post by Le k » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:04 pm

ecapsretuo wrote:Thank you for excellent work to make this imagining a reality. I wonder when we will see touchAble on Android? The possibilities in combination with Push are exciting; perhaps any need Push users find to look at the computer screen can now be removed!
There is a big chance to see TouchAble on Android in the next months... nothing official yet 8)
TouchAble App - IOS controller for Ableton Live
http://www.touch-able.com

Sylvain Garcia / Le K Ableton Certified trainer
http://www.ableton.com/pages/education/ ... ain_garcia
http://www.le-k.org

the bite

Post by the bite » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:20 pm

great!
i had some issues : when i try to browser the samples freezes during a lot of time and no matter what i try always crash when trying to read the whole manual.
the last problem is bad for me, because i want to read all the new functions.
Another thing: it,s possible to make morphing between the 8 snapshots? the only thing i can do it,s jumping between one to another position.

What i like most: Midi editor: awesome!
it would be very nice if you do for a next update a chord function.Choose a chord and draw with one finger.Draw a chord with my big fingers it,s a pain!
Browser: it,s a pleasure to drag and drop effects and ableton instruments.i thought it will work with vst and au but i think i,m making something wrong because doesn,t work. Drag and drop clips it would be amazing too, but i think this is not possible due to ableton not because of touchable.
Hold functions: it,s like repeat function of push and you can do 64!
Eq8 : awesome too.
Draw the functions you want to control: you have all the functions the way you want .
ohhh, i just discovered the snap length function.So nice to use with the lock function and 8 bars long!!!!

Very happy with the update!
Last edited by the bite on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:29 pm

very stoked to try this out - thanks for your work, guys!

i wish i had another ipad that i could to test it - im not sure i want to use it in my live setup yet - some shows next week. .

any other user reports on stability / coolness? ;)

Manik

Post by Manik » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Will touchable 2 perform better on a new ipad? or is the performance the same on an ipad1/2?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:29 pm

8O
Amazing stuff guys! I so want an iPad now, but Push comes first.
Regarding TouchAble 2 and Push: can they controll different clips and devices at the same time? Do you have two independent BlueHands in Live then?!

panten

Post by panten » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:31 pm

This app is really quite remarkable and I can't believe the upgrade is free. Had a lot of fun building my own controller pages last night, I think this is going to open up a lot of new avenues for expression.

Only real issue I ran into was with the NEW button; it didn't seem to do anything. Can anyone else confirm this?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Ok, I watched all 10 videos. Really sweet stuff, especially the XY controller and controller template part.
I'm more interested now in the Push integration you mentioned. Can Touchable 2 be the monitor to Push that switches to all the relevant views of stuff I edit on Push at the moment?
Also: can you draw parameter envelopes in the clip editor with your fingers?

the bite

Post by the bite » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Only real issue I ran into was with the NEW button; it didn't seem to do anything. Can anyone else confirm this?
yes, it happens to me too.it happens when all the scenes are fill.if a press new by mouse on ableton creates a new blank scene, but if i try with the new button of touchable it does,t do anything.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:20 pm

congrats !
this update is sweet ... making touchable the most feature rich ipad/live controller.

however,,,,
I was very disappointed to find out that there is no access at to devices/parameters that live inside a rack...
only the top-most 8 macros of a rack can be displayed/accessed...

this of course imo defeats many of this apps strengths.. especially the custom control section
I would very much like to control devices inside different rack chains..

Also.. it's still kindof buggy ..losing connection now and then and crashing..
(ipad 3)
Last edited by 3dot... on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:22 pm

the bite wrote:
yes, it happens to me too.it happens when all the scenes are fill.if a press new by mouse on ableton creates a new blank scene, but if i try with the new button of touchable it does,t do anything.
+ 1

I also had an issue where 'creating' a track/scene will create 3 tracks/scenes in 1 push..
restarting the app fixed this..

Also having some GUI inconsistencies in the mixer when using 'multi' select