Blofeld + Blofeld Virtual Editor

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
papperlapapp

Blofeld + Blofeld Virtual Editor

Post by papperlapapp » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Does anyone have a Blofeld and uses the Blofeld Virtual Editor by Softknobs? It seems like it's not working in Live, which would be a shame, cause it's a damn fine editor for the Blofeld.
When I put it on a Midi Track, I can control the Blofeld fine and receive data from the Synth too. I can tweak it, transfer patches, everything seems fine connection wise. But it doesn't play any notes. No matter if I use a Midi keyboard or play a Midi clip on the track, the Blofeld just won't play a note.

Does anybody know why that could be the case? Or does anybody use this editor in Live successfully? Thanks!

nero1983

Re: Blofeld + Blofeld Virtual Editor

Post by nero1983 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:13 pm

That's because you just can use one midi output at once, or to control the blofeld or to play it.

Yesterday i was with the same problem, but i found a solution, you have to download a VST host and run the blofeld VST editor on the VST host, you can easily download a free VST host just have to google it. And it works very nice.

That blofeld editor is the best one i can find around there you can control everything the others i found was not possible to control the arpeggio, and that was the main reason why i wanted an editor, because editing this on blofeld takes so much time.

Good luck

pwdm

Post by pwdm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 pm

This one works ok:
Vid Setting Up Blofeld Editor

Links are there as well to download.

Its based on the Cntrl project and they have a few editors for different synths.
Facebook
Novation Nio, Novation Remote SL, Korg Padkontrol, Waldorf Blofeld, CME UF5, Ableton Live8, Max4Live, BCR2k, Akai APC20.

nero1983

Post by nero1983 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:45 pm

yes, i tried that one, but i couldn't control the arp and the fx, the rest of the things are ok, but these 2 was not possible with that cntrl. :( . with Blofeld virtual editor i'm able to control all parameters of the synth with the software, no exception. That's the reason i prefer blofeld virtual editor.

But for a few days i used the cntrl, until i found this way to run the virtual editor, and it was very good also.

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:33 am

papperlapapp wrote:Does anyone have a Blofeld and uses the Blofeld Virtual Editor by Softknobs? It seems like it's not working in Live, which would be a shame, cause it's a damn fine editor for the Blofeld.
When I put it on a Midi Track, I can control the Blofeld fine and receive data from the Synth too. I can tweak it, transfer patches, everything seems fine connection wise. But it doesn't play any notes. No matter if I use a Midi keyboard or play a Midi clip on the track, the Blofeld just won't play a note.

Does anybody know why that could be the case? Or does anybody use this editor in Live successfully? Thanks!
That looks like a sweet editor. Shame. It would be of little use if you can't actually play the synth while using it.

DJ Fusion

Post by DJ Fusion » Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 am

papperlapapp wrote:Does anyone have a Blofeld and uses the Blofeld Virtual Editor by Softknobs? It seems like it's not working in Live, which would be a shame, cause it's a damn fine editor for the Blofeld.

I know this is an old thread but I found a solution to this so I figured I'd post it here for the next person who googles the problem.

You need to be able to hook your Blofeld up via both USB and MIDI cables.

Create one track with the Blofeld Editor VST configured to use USB, create another track with the External Instrument plugin configured to use the MIDI cable.

Use the first track for patch creation and tweaking, use the second track for MIDI clips and external keyboard control.

taffmonster

Post by taffmonster » Wed May 09, 2012 12:19 pm

DJ Fusion wrote:

I know this is an old thread but I found a solution to this so I figured I'd post it here for the next person who googles the problem.

Create one track with the Blofeld Editor VST configured to use USB, create another track with the External Instrument plugin configured to use the MIDI cable.

Use the first track for patch creation and tweaking, use the second track for MIDI clips and external keyboard control.
nice solution. thanks for sharing..

I_SEE_UNICORNS

Post by I_SEE_UNICORNS » Fri May 18, 2012 1:44 am

Can you tell me more in detail?
Now I know how to trigger a note using MIDI cable and Exteranal instrument plugin.

But I can't automate paratmeters using 'Configure' in Ableton VSTi device.
If I turn the knob in virtual editor pannel, it also changes the values in Ableton VSTi device.
But it doesn't work the other way.

Please help!
Thanks.

vitalispopoff

Post by vitalispopoff » Mon May 13, 2013 11:44 am

Following Your suggestion:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=193679

and let us continue on the thing over there.

;)
MBP/ M-Audio FW 410/ OSX 8/AL 9 Suite/ UC33e + Drehbank

lucaslv

Post by lucaslv » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:16 am

But I can't automate paratmeters using 'Configure' in Ableton VSTi device.
If I turn the knob in virtual editor pannel, it also changes the values in Ableton VSTi device.
But it doesn't work the other way.

Please help!
Thanks.
I am on the same thing, any ideas? some solution?

and, there is some paramaters that can't be asigned in "configure" ableton vsti divice, like waveform of ossilator.. any solution for this?
Thanks!
Lucas

annadyne

Post by annadyne » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 pm

How about this???

http://monstrummedia.com/