Update LIVE 9 for RETINA !!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
pencilrocket

Re: Update LIVE 9 for RETINA !!!

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:57 am

fargo100 wrote:
Nope. It's software specifications you bought. It's not those sort of things that it doesn't work as claimed. If you thought it's really an issue you wouldnt have posted FW forum anyway :p
Trolling twit. Get bummed..
You are troll if you didn't come to just post feature wishlist. Here is not bug report forum.

fargo100

Post by fargo100 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:26 pm

pencilrocket wrote:Here is not bug report forum.
It's not a bug...
It's a feature that should be implemented into the software.
So it's a FW... :roll:

It physically strains peoples eyes whilst working, making this an issue that Ableton, who know people use this for their jobs should be concerned about getting corrected.

Maybe if you are reading this thread and don't have a Retina machine then it may not seem important, maybe you've viewed a friends machine for a quick glance 'yeah looks okay to me' - Work on Ableton Live 9 on Retina for a few hours.. getting tired of using the software...!!

Good day.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:45 pm

That's not an issue of the software you bought but you. And people use this for their jobs don't update their environment when it is problematic.

If ableton said it supports high dpi and sold their software to you, it's indeed an issue. But they didn't. So the problem lies on you if you are having a hard time which make you to describe it's an issue.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:48 pm

JNTC

Post by JNTC » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:46 pm

+1

5blackcats

Post by 5blackcats » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 pm

I hope retina support comes soon! It don't look pretty on them retina machines including mine

Post by 102455 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:34 pm

I have to agree with pencilrocket here...

I don't see how "it's Abletons fault" that Live doesn't look very good on Retina screens.

Nobody forced any of you to go out and spend tons of cash on a new computer just so you could brag to your friends that you have Retina! :P

Before you "went Retina" you had no issues with running Live on a standard resolution screen, right? You could go back to using Live on a standard res screen, if it's really that much of an issue for you. You were using it that way before, right?

Sometimes when you buy into new* tech, you have to wait to see if it catches on. Sometimes it doesn't.

*high resolutions screens aren't really new. It's just that Apple have given it a cute name, so suddenly now it's all "wow look at this fantastic new idea Apple came up with".....from the Apple fan boys anyway.

chase

Post by chase » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:05 pm

You're right, we shouldn't buy nice new hardware ever. WTF were we thinking? In fact, we should still be using the same old computers we were using when Live 1.0 came out. After all, they were fine for us back then, right? :roll:

It's a simple, honest, reasonable request. As for anyone who has a problem with that - I agree 100% with H20nly ^^^.

Aldanor

Post by Aldanor » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:36 pm

102455 wrote:I have to agree with pencilrocket here...

I don't see how "it's Abletons fault" that Live doesn't look very good on Retina screens.

Nobody forced any of you to go out and spend tons of cash on a new computer just so you could brag to your friends that you have Retina! :P

Before you "went Retina" you had no issues with running Live on a standard resolution screen, right? You could go back to using Live on a standard res screen, if it's really that much of an issue for you. You were using it that way before, right?

Sometimes when you buy into new* tech, you have to wait to see if it catches on. Sometimes it doesn't.

*high resolutions screens aren't really new. It's just that Apple have given it a cute name, so suddenly now it's all "wow look at this fantastic new idea Apple came up with".....from the Apple fan boys anyway.
It's not just Apple -- as I already said, most manufacturers like Toshiba etc now make Retina-ready laptops. Most popular browsers and frameworks support Retina. It's something a lot of companies accepted that are bigger and more influential than Ableton.

If you can't afford yourself a Retina display or if you hate Apple then why troll everyone else? Or maybe that IBM 80x386 is good enough for you too?

fargo100

Post by fargo100 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:05 pm

102455 wrote:Nobody forced any of you to go out and spend tons of cash on a new computer just so you could brag to your friends that you have Retina! :P
WTF..?!!??

I had an old Macbook from about 2004... I was running Ableton on it, I upgraded my machine in mid 2011 when the first Retina MacBooks came out.
I purchased Live 9 update the day it came out.. But I certainly did not get a new machine to brag about......!!!

But hey like you say, I'll go out tomorrow and get and old iMac run Ableton on that.. just so I can use it like I was used to doing...
Hey..!! perhaps Apple with sell Logic back to eMagic and we can dig out old Beige G3 towers - woohoo!! perhaps we could go even further and just fuck computers right off and get me drum kit out... and a mic and an old Studer...

No it's not "Abletons fault" I agree - but it's not mine or other users with Retina machines (soon to be more and more) either..
and if I could and believe me I've looked and tried at how to update for Retina I would get in Photoshop which I might be able to do.. and get into the code (sadly I can't) and do it myself, but hey that's what Feature Wishlist forums are for I suppose.

mattverzola

Post by mattverzola » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:01 am

+1

Retina support would be great. Thanks!

Post by 102455 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Aldanor wrote: If you can't afford yourself a Retina display or if you hate Apple
Trust Applefans to get all defensive and twist things around! :roll:

I don't hate Apple. I have an iPad, three different iPods and a Mac Mini. I buy products if I like them, not because they're made by X or because they're the latest trend.

I don't have a "Retina display" (or a high DPI screen as it's known sans cute name), but that's not because I can't afford one. It's because I don't need one.

I have no issues at all with my current 24" wide screen monitor. It has a standard DPI, yet I'm not sitting here squinting my eyes and saying "oh how I wish the DPI was higher". I can see things on it just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

fargo100

Post by fargo100 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:56 pm

102455 wrote:I have no issues at all with my current 24" wide screen monitor. It has a standard DPI, yet I'm not sitting here squinting my eyes and saying "oh how I wish the DPI was higher". I can see things on it just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
For YOU YES duhh!! The 'I'm okay jack' mentality.. :roll:

Post by 102455 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:17 pm

So you're saying that before you had a "Retina display" you couldn't manage? All your software GUIs were blurred and you could see pixels on the screen?

Come off it!

fargo100

Post by fargo100 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:30 pm

102455 wrote:So you're saying that before you had a "Retina display" you couldn't manage? All your software GUIs were blurred and you could see pixels on the screen?

Come off it!
I said no such thing.
My mac before was fine.
It was not retina.
Applications were not made for retina displays at the time.
Pretty simple...

Now retina machines are more popular developers are taking it into account and implementing it in their applications.
Just some are taking their time about it... :roll: :roll: :roll: