Filterscape

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
re:dream

Filterscape

Post by re:dream » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:44 pm

So I have been looking at U-He's Filterscape.

All the pretty screenshots...

U-He seems to have decided to ignore the Black Friday discounting thing that's being done by 80 - 90% of American companies :)

So USD 130. That's a fair bit of moola.

I was wondering whether any one here uses it? I am loving my Zebra, so my spending fingers are itching. But some feedback from ppl more level headed than I would be helpful. What's your advice? What are its good / weak points?

mosca

Re: Filterscape

Post by mosca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Pretty sure U-he are not an American company.

joefrost01

Post by joefrost01 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Berlin based I believe and I don't remember them ever having a sale, they usually just give special pricing to people that buy the products during the beta phase. But on the flipside they are a small company and they give excellent and personal support.

Why not just go ahead and download the demo if you're undecided - http://www.u-he.com/cms/filterscape it'll work in demo mode until registered according to the website.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Yes, I know they are German. I was joking about the discount.

OK, demo. Will do. But I would still like to hear from any with experience of this package

deva

Post by deva » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:18 pm

The Finn wrote:Yes, I know they are German. I was joking about the discount.

OK, demo. Will do. But I would still like to hear from any with experience of this package
Try it out... Filterscape is a versatile and fun effect! Under-rated I would say... The morphable filter and env followers can do some cool and musical stuff!

plus you get a synth and eq as well...

Hielo Patagonia Sounds

Post by Hielo Patagonia Sounds » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:32 pm

You know that U-He Zebra is also a very nice processing filter with the Zebrify add-on plug-in ?

:D

H.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:36 am

It's really fun and versatile once you figure it out, I was on the beta and made a few patches for it that end up sounding more like some other world chorus than filter modulation. Cool stuff.

It's a good package, they haven't kept up with it though, Deva and Zebra both have 'bigger' sounding filters now. The plus side is when they do get around to adding their newer filter tech it will be dead cheap to upgrade, because that's how Urs rolls.