Why is Ableton Live's transient detection so bad?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Michael Hatsis

Re: Why is Ableton Live's transient detection so bad?

Post by Michael Hatsis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:51 am

easy answer...no options to mess w the onset or amount of transients. look at recycle when it wasnt part of reasons ( as i think reason has recycle slicing functionality now ).
how many times would recycle guess the exact way you wanted to slice a file? not to often...

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:17 pm

was definitely easier in live 7. could stick a whole track (as long as its 4/4) and it would warp perfectly. still unsure of the benefits of the newer transient method from live 8 onwards. so fiddly.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:59 pm

dude... if you look closely in the pic you've posted...
live detects the transient EXACTLY...(notice the small arrow on the timeline over it)

it has made an (educated) decision to put a warp marker a couple ms after that...
if this bothers you (or doesn't sound right) you can click the small arrow over the transient and it will become a marker...
of course this is only relevant if you're STARTING to play from that transient...

simpli.cissimus

Post by simpli.cissimus » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:50 pm

No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:12 am

3dot... wrote:dude... if you look closely in the pic you've posted...
live detects the transient EXACTLY...(notice the small arrow on the timeline over it)

it has made an (educated) decision to put a warp marker a couple ms after that...
if this bothers you (or doesn't sound right) you can click the small arrow over the transient and it will become a marker...
of course this is only relevant if you're STARTING to play from that transient...

haha....thats so true...Live pretty much nailed it there. u should have picked a picture that better supports the argument - as I agree, the transient detection/autowarping could be better.
but like i said, if there were some controls to refine the transient detection, i think it would be easier for ableton to get ideas of what works best in different situations

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:12 am

H20nly wrote:no better in 9.1?
Not to me... I'm still correcting the transients quite often.. Aprox 1:8
I would love some kind of sensitivity control, but it would do me no good if Live's not detecting transients properly to begin with.

keydaking

Post by keydaking » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:19 am

From the pic u posted live detected the transient. All you have to do is select that marker as 1.1.
Ppl are getting too lazy. Technology is a gift and curse.
Dual Quad Core|8gb ram|Axion 49|FT Pro|Live 8 Suite|Komplelte 8|Waves Mercury