touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nick Shepherd

Re: touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Post by Nick Shepherd » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:53 pm

got a iPad2 yesterday for relatively cheap and f*ck me, how could i live without it for that long o.O

Touchable 2 is awesome - works like a charm :)

keep up the good work !

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Any cyber black friday deal on this one? Plz :mrgreen:

drez

Post by drez » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:00 pm

#1thelark wrote:Any cyber black friday deal on this one? Plz :mrgreen:
The regular price is very economical for what this app offers. They JUST released and the upgrade was free for 1.x users so I don't see why they would discount it from it's already fair price.

Does the price really seem expensive for all the functionality it offers?
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:39 am

it's pretty cheap as-is... (in relation to the competition)

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:15 pm

The price is fair... Just above my nobrainer threshold :mrgreen:

I bet Native Instruments didnt lose much money when they gave away the traktor dj app for free OR moog with their animoog introduction pricing.
It pushed their popularity level=more $ale$.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:45 am

#1thelark wrote:The price is fair... Just above my nobrainer threshold :mrgreen:

I bet Native Instruments didnt lose much money when they gave away the traktor dj app for free OR moog with their animoog introduction pricing.
It pushed their popularity level=more $ale$.
... yeah giving traktor for free.. probably cost them a Million $.. no biggie...

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:41 am

I notice there is no "User Folder" in the touchable browser?

Am I mistaken?

is it possible to browse user locations. That would be a shame if I can't.

JoeM

Post by JoeM » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:55 am

I can't seem to get MIDI note data to send from the app to Ableton.

I can play the keys using my synths in standalone mode, but I can't get MIDI track data to work in Live (9.0 + 9.1 OS X 10.9, 2.0.1 client)

I have 'Track & 'Remote' on for touchable's MIDI settings and touchable remote script has touchable MIDI port as Input, no output.
All features work fine but the MIDI indicators never light up when I use the keyboard feature (standard or grid).

I used the app "MIDI Montitor" to sniff the data. It sees the Note On and Off messages but oddly the 'Time' column just prints "None". Now MIDI doesn't contain timestamp, but I wonder if there's a problem with the core midi layer and the app is printing erroneous values due to that.

No one else with this?
Live 8 (boxed suite) - 17" MacBook Pro - Remote SL 37 - Audio DJ 8 - Korg padKontrol -
Hooked up as an effect device and live instrument for Traktor

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:31 am

I had this just after I'd installed on my MacBook. A restart fixed it somehow. Are you on the latest version of touchAble?

MAGNETO_66

Post by MAGNETO_66 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:28 am

Hi ... I wonder if someone has the same issues and problems i'm getting with Touchable V2 :( My Live Version is 9.1 (64 bit) running on Mac OS X Mavericks, i updated touchable (running on iPad 2 with iOS 7), and of course downloaded and installed the latest version of the server on my MacBook Pro ... nothing to do, i can't establish a connection between Touchable and the Live Session 8O ... Touchable keeps sending the message "connecting ...", the minutes go and nothing happens ...! It worked fine and flawlessy with all the previous Version of Touchable, maybe Mavericks (or Live 9.1) could be the cause of my issues :?: I wrote to Touchable's support, they told me that with the 2.0.1 release of touchable all my problems would be solved ... But it didn't happen ! Any suggestion ? I'm seriously considering the idea of going to Lemur with Live Control 2 (as it will work with Live 9.1; Liine team is still workin on it ...)
I AM MAGNETO ... MASTER of MAGNETISM :-)!

Valery_Kondakoff

Post by Valery_Kondakoff » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:13 am

JoeM wrote:I can't seem to get MIDI note data to send from the app to Ableton.
No one else with this?
I have the same issue. Here is the answer from TA support:
Do not worry about the issue with midi - it is probably simply due to an OSX
bug that lets its Virtual Core MIDI Server fail sometimes. This bug often
shows when the Mac goes into sleep mode because OSX seems to be unable to
restart the Virtual Core MIDI Server after going to hibernation.
So, if you experience problems with MIDI-signals not coming through,
rebooting your Mac should restore functionality of the keyboards, push style grid
and drum pads.

If you want to prevent this bug from happening in the future, for now the
best bet is to disable deep sleep on the Mac.
We are working on a workaround for Apples system-bug, but it may take a
little time, as it's a bug on the system level, that we do not have direct access to.
CU
VK

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm

MAGNETO_66 wrote:Hi ... I wonder if someone has the same issues and problems i'm getting with Touchable V2 :( My Live Version is 9.1 (64 bit) running on Mac OS X Mavericks, i updated touchable (running on iPad 2 with iOS 7), and of course downloaded and installed the latest version of the server on my MacBook Pro ... nothing to do, i can't establish a connection between Touchable and the Live Session 8O ... Touchable keeps sending the message "connecting ...", the minutes go and nothing happens ...! It worked fine and flawlessy with all the previous Version of Touchable, maybe Mavericks (or Live 9.1) could be the cause of my issues :?: I wrote to Touchable's support, they told me that with the 2.0.1 release of touchable all my problems would be solved ... But it didn't happen ! Any suggestion ? I'm seriously considering the idea of going to Lemur with Live Control 2 (as it will work with Live 9.1; Liine team is still workin on it ...)
i usually just do a force quit of touchable on the ipad and start it again when this happens (you know the double home button trick?)

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Hello. I have upgraded from touchable mini to full blown touchable, and I just wanted to say that I really appreciate what you guys put into this. It is really fun to use. Thank you.

I'm kind of curious also about what method touchable uses to get all of the controllable parameters of a device. I've noticed that they are in an order, but not the order which most midi devices typically use when recalling instrument parameters. It reminds me a lot of old Mackie control. I t is great that all the parameters are accessible, but I wish the order made a little more sense. Still, I imagine it would be a lot of extra work to adjust this for every single instrument and device.

Also, for some reason Analog's filter Envelope Amount seems to only go in steps of either + or - 16, or zero??

Le k

Post by Le k » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks a lot for your kind words, it's always motivating when you hear this :)

Order of parameters of live plug ins are set by Ableton...

One thing I can say....wait for the news in the next few days....

:wink:

Best

yur2die4 wrote:Hello. I have upgraded from touchable mini to full blown touchable, and I just wanted to say that I really appreciate what you guys put into this. It is really fun to use. Thank you.

I'm kind of curious also about what method touchable uses to get all of the controllable parameters of a device. I've noticed that they are in an order, but not the order which most midi devices typically use when recalling instrument parameters. It reminds me a lot of old Mackie control. I t is great that all the parameters are accessible, but I wish the order made a little more sense. Still, I imagine it would be a lot of extra work to adjust this for every single instrument and device.

Also, for some reason Analog's filter Envelope Amount seems to only go in steps of either + or - 16, or zero??
TouchAble App - IOS controller for Ableton Live
http://www.touch-able.com

Sylvain Garcia / Le K Ableton Certified trainer
http://www.ableton.com/pages/education/ ... ain_garcia
http://www.le-k.org