Epic Drum Racks Vol. 1 (free drum machine library/drum rack)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jbone1313

Re: Epic Drum Racks Vol. 1 (free drum machine library/drum rack)

Post by jbone1313 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Illiac wrote:jbone1313: The rack is a little over 1 gig. Maybe it's a RAM issue?
It works now with the latest 9.1 beta. Not sure why. Anyhow, this thing you made is really awesome. Brilliant.
Illiac wrote:There seems to be a duplicatable error when trying to save the rack to one's library (Live bug report submitted). For now, one can either save the rack as one's default template, or open the session file when one would like to use the drum rack.
Question: I did get that error, but it seems to work fine anyway. So, it seems it imports successfully despite the error message. Is that right? Can you confirm?

Thanks!!

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Correct. I'm still able to drag it in to a project for my library, despite the error.

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:49 am

Thanks for the reply. It has started crashing again. It crashes about half way through the loading of the samples when I try to drag the drum rack into a Live track. Oh well. :(

I reported the crashes to Ableton.

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:13 am

WOW!!! Thanks so much for this!!!!

Great stuff!! I can never get enough drums.

fLo LaChèvre

Post by fLo LaChèvre » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Volume 2 !!

h3rtz

Post by h3rtz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am

Can't download :(

After a while I always get a decryption error, no matter if I choose import or download. My browser doesn't indicate any transfering activity at all. What am I doing wrong?

lacerate

Post by lacerate » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:38 am

This is truly epic and really cool! Thanks for sharing!

moonpie

Post by moonpie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:28 am

The simpler format edition is simply amazing. Thank you so much!! So delighted to finally play this! And even then, its waaaay beyond my expectations.

One question - Im looking at the simpler racks - how is the FM done??! Is the fm 'hidden' in that its a feature from sampler that carries over? Im expecting to find an effect somewhere thats modulating something, but there seems to be nothing! Its pretty amazing that it even allows that if thats the case. Great effect! Must use it more to modulate things.

manutech

Post by manutech » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Superb work guys, thanks a lot :)

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:08 am

moonpie wrote:The simpler format edition is simply amazing. Thank you so much!! So delighted to finally play this! And even then, its waaaay beyond my expectations.

One question - Im looking at the simpler racks - how is the FM done??! Is the fm 'hidden' in that its a feature from sampler that carries over? Im expecting to find an effect somewhere thats modulating something, but there seems to be nothing! Its pretty amazing that it even allows that if thats the case. Great effect! Must use it more to modulate things.
Isn't that crazy!? When converting the Samplers to Simplers, it retained the FM parameters of Sampler, somehow, even though they're not viewable in Simpler itself.

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:08 pm

A super awesome user by the name of Porter Wood created a version of EDR to include individual outs for each instrument: That's a lot of routing!

DL here (requires having already Dl'ed the library):

https://mega.co.nz/#!X4oSHAJI!KY3OA1WLm ... oUURqKYfXY
Last edited by Illiac on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:03 am

Illiac -- first off, huge thanks! This is a great project.

Secondly, a question: I don't actually understand the grouping system. The first rack that appears (the one labelled '4 banks') doesn't seem to do anything. It has a knob that goes from 1 to 127 but what does this rack actually do? I read your manual, and it mentioned something about 4 groups of 16 kits, but sadly I can't figure out how the heck that applies here.... the second rack, with the actual samples, I can scroll through the 127 different racks via the Selector knob, and that seems to work fine. But again, no idea what the first rack is doing there, or how to switch between the alleged 4 banks? Am I missing something obvious? Just hoping to understand better what you've done here :) The samples I've been previewing sound rad though.

thanks!
-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

gennargiu

Post by gennargiu » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:52 am

Hi Illiac,many thanks for your share drums library :D ciao

gennaro
Live Ableton 8.4 (32/64 bit) + Operator - Live Ableton 10 intro - Launchpad S - Windows 10

micksmuse

Post by micksmuse » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:41 pm

hi, first off, thanks so much for all your work and for sharing. ok, newbe question. i have never used drum racks. (yea, i know i am nuts or lazy).
but this looked too good to pass up so i downloaded the sampler zip opened it. crashed ableton twice when loading but on third try got it to open. i go to manual and see how to save it to ableton. here is my question. manual says "save the Drum Rack to your Drum Rack folder located in your Live library".
i am not clear on this. since i never used drum racks in ableton i guess i don't have a drum rack folder. so how do i create a folder and where is it stored on my computer? where my packs are or in the EDR folder on my hard drive. sorry for what probably is a dumb question. thanks. mick

yoyodyne

Post by yoyodyne » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:15 pm

mholloway - It's just a midi transpose, you don't have to use it but it makes it easier. Make a new midi clip, scroll all the way down to the first 16 notes and write your pattern. Then use the one knob to select between the 4 main sections (Roland, Classic Drum Machines, Machinedrum, Circuit Bent). It displays to 127 but there are really only 4 settings (I think there is a way to change the macro display so it shows 1-4 instead which would be less confusing). Then the knob on the EDR rack selects the kit within the section. Voila!

micksmuse - Live seems to have a little trouble importing the EDR, I guess just due to the size or number of samples. It took me a couple tries to get it installed. To save a rack to your library click on the (floppy disk icon) save button on the upper right corner of the rack. If you do that with the 4 way selector rack you will see it appear instantly in your browser highlighted, press enter to save it. When you click the save button on the EDR it will take longer (I got the beachball for a while), but when it appears in the browser hit enter and grab a coffee. Live will start importing the samples. In my case it gave up with 33 samples remaining and said something like import failed. Don't worry! Open a new liveset and drag the EDR from your browser onto a track. It will tell you samples are missing click here to look for them. Do the automatic search and drink you coffee will it finds all the samples you already imported (I know, right?). Then, when that's finished and there are still samples missing, drop the samples folder from the EDR liveset you downloaded onto the search folder button and Live will finally save the stragglers to your library. That should do it.