The Great BMW Debate

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
andydes

Re: The Great BMW Debate

Post by andydes » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:36 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Galt wrote:
andydes wrote:It wouldn't go to trail though if there's no state prosecution.

Because intimidation.
I have very little patience with pussies.
Some (especially younger) guys have this problem, but self control can be learned :!: :twisted:
Like a good track, it can't be pounding at the beginning, you need some build up.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:09 pm

scott nathaniel wrote:
beats me wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:
This is classic. One criminal opines the other criminal's lack of morality. :P
:P

Yes, there’s a special circle of hell reserved for those who cross the street in front of a bar without using the crosswalk.

:x
I don't know what kind of person believes it's ok to cross a street at a point of convenience!

This also ties to one of Stringtapper’s points. Employment. I’d imagine a lot of people think you must have done some insane shit to have public intoxication on your record. In some situations you fill out a job application and asking for your criminal record is asked on the application before you even get to have an interview. Sure, there are worse crimes to have on your record, but some people are going to paint a picture of what could have happened and not even give you an interview, especially in this hard job market.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:43 pm

beats me wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:
beats me wrote:
:P

Yes, there’s a special circle of hell reserved for those who cross the street in front of a bar without using the crosswalk.

:x
I don't know what kind of person believes it's ok to cross a street at a point of convenience!

This also ties to one of Stringtapper’s points. Employment. I’d imagine a lot of people think you must have done some insane shit to have public intoxication on your record. In some situations you fill out a job application and asking for your criminal record is asked on the application before you even get to have an interview. Sure, there are worse crimes to have on your record, but some people are going to paint a picture of what could have happened and not even give you an interview, especially in this hard job market.
I don't think this is even a thing you can have on your police record here in Germany. There is still quite a strong puritan streak in American society it seems.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:55 pm

TomViolenz wrote:I don't think this is even a thing you can have on your police record here in Germany. There is still quite a strong puritan streak in American society it seems.

Here’s how bad it is in this hemisphere. About a week after the cop popped me I flew into Canada. Customs in Canada actually grilled me about it. It hadn’t even gone to court yet (obviously). They just saw that I got arrested.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:02 pm

beats me wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:I don't think this is even a thing you can have on your police record here in Germany. There is still quite a strong puritan streak in American society it seems.

Here’s how bad it is in this hemisphere. About a week after the cop popped me I flew into Canada. Customs in Canada actually grilled me about it. It hadn’t even gone to court yet (obviously). They just saw that I got arrested.
Wow 8O The Police state in action!

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:05 pm

beats me wrote:

Well, for the sake of clarity, I don't really think jay-walking and public intoxication should be cause for LE involvement.
My grandmother was stopped by a cop for jay-walking. Turned out it had been her friend's husband, a motorcyle patrol officer from across the street. He realized it was her and said, "Betty, I can't give you a ticket."
Thank god for nepotism, right!
These type of issues are where the state goes all fuck-willy. Joke-lawing should be a felony.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 pm

scott nathaniel wrote:
beats me wrote:

Well, for the sake of clarity, I don't really think jay-walking and public intoxication should be cause for LE involvement.
My grandmother was stopped by a cop for jay-walking. Turned out it had been her friend's husband, a motorcyle patrol officer from across the street. He realized it was her and said, "Betty, I can't give you a ticket."
Thank god for nepotism, right!
These type of issues are where the state goes all fuck-willy. Joke-lawing should be a felony.

I’m going to suggest there were ulterior motives for my arrest. Despite me completely cooperating with the cop, not shooting him any tude, and answering all his questions, he still felt the need to bend me over the car, handcuff me, empty all my pockets, and call in for backup to take me downtown.

Why? While I was bent over the hood I noticed an attractive female civilian in his passenger seat. I don’t know if it was his girlfriend, wife, or a ride along doing research, but I’m pretty sure he felt he had to show off and flex his authority in front of her. Getting the scum off the street and making the world a safer place for her.

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 pm

beats me wrote:

I’m going to suggest there were ulterior motives for my arrest. Despite me completely cooperating with the cop, not shooting him any tude, and answering all his questions, he still felt the need to bend me over the car, handcuff me, empty all my pockets, and call in for backup to take me downtown.

Why? While I was bent over the hood I noticed an attractive female civilian in his passenger seat. I don’t know if it was his girlfriend, wife, or a ride along doing research, but I’m pretty sure he felt he had to show off and flex his authority in front of her. Getting the scum off the street and making the world a safer place for her.
Well, you know the old saying: Behind every great douche is a woman.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:51 pm

scott nathaniel wrote:
beats me wrote:

Well, you know the old saying: Behind every great douche is a woman.
And behind many a uniform there is a small dick with a huge ego, who needs to feel powerful to forget about the small dick!

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:08 pm

TomViolenz wrote:And behind many a uniform there is a small dick with a huge ego, who needs to feel powerful to forget about the small dick!
This explains contemporary efforts to get women into the military.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Galt wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:And behind many a uniform there is a small dick with a huge ego, who needs to feel powerful to forget about the small dick!
This explains contemporary efforts to get women into the military.
I snickered :lol: