Galt (and bean too, if he has something to say)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
leisuremuffin

Galt (and bean too, if he has something to say)

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm not going to further derail a memorial post for Nelson Mandela by engaging you there. So if you want to talk shit to me, you can do it here.

You say I only post here to "attack" you, which is pretty funny. If you post tasteless comments in a thread about a great human being who just died, and aren't doing it to piss people off, I don't what you are doing it for. Seriously, what is your problem?

And as for bean, if you want to say something about your post (of the flag flown during the apartheid era on the rip thread). You can doit here too, just leave the memorial thread alone.

It's just unfuckingbelievabe how much completely offensive shit is posted on this forum. I honestly think it's time for ableton to remove it.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

docprosper

Re: Galt (and bean too, if he has something to say)

Post by docprosper » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Galt=bean. Just sayin'.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:44 pm

@ Leisuremuffin

This is the standard previously set by this forum, by members including Finn, Machinesworking, etc. on how to celebrate the death of a politician:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=192340&hilit=+thatcher

Finn in particular, who also started the Mandela thread, actually rejoiced in Thatcher's death, which is far more offensive than making a (predictable, yet hiiiiiilarious) Morgan Freeman joke.
You say I only post here to "attack" you, which is pretty funny.
I could add to that you also only start threads here to attack me.

So, with all due respect, go fuck yourself.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:57 pm

That flag thing is really shit, I agree totally!
Galts posts were borderline, but contained.
To go on the attack because of this, just destroys the atmosphere here further.
It would be nice if we wouldn't get another one of these hate filled threads here, and you all know, this is what's going to happen.
And as much as I also despised Thatcher, Galt does have a point. Let's just accept each others differences and that we are all hypocrites some of the time.

/Hippie out

PS: But that flag has to go, if Bean ever wants any sort of respect from me.
Maybe he finds it in him to delete it, that would be cool 8)
Last edited by TomViolenz on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Right, because Thatcher = Mandela and this entire forum is all about you. I've contributed to this forum for years before you were ever here (if we are to believe your claims) so the idea that all I do here is attack you is ridiculous.
Galt wrote:@ Leisuremuffin

This is the standard previously set by this forum, by members including Finn, Machinesworking, etc. on how to celebrate the death of a politician: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=192340&hilit=+thatcher

Finn in particular, who also started the Mandela thread, actually rejoiced in Thatcher's death, which is far more offensive than making a (predictable, yet hiiiiiilarious) Morgan Freeman joke.
You say I only post here to "attack" you, which is pretty funny.
I could add to that you also only start threads here to attack me.

So, with all due respect, go fuck yourself.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:01 pm

TomViolenz wrote:That flag thing is really shit, I agree totally!
It would be nice if we wouldn't get another one of these hate filled threads here, and you all know, this is what's going to happen.
And as much as I also despised Thatcher, Galt does have a point. Let's just accept each others differences and that we are all hypocrites some of the time.

/Hippy out

Look, I don't know you or anything about you. I don't know who made you the person who decides what is ok or not here, but it wasn't me. To defend Galt, who in all of his aliases has sought only to intentionally cause strife, offend, and insult people here, is simply ridiculous. He is the one who continues to create a shitty atmosphere here, not me.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:08 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:That flag thing is really shit, I agree totally!

/Hippy out

Look, I don't know you or anything about you. I don't know who made you the person who decides what is ok or not here, but it wasn't me. To defend Galt, who in all of his aliases has sought only to intentionally cause strife, offend, and insult people here, is simply ridiculous. He is the one who continues to create a shitty atmosphere here, not me.
Why so agressive towards me?!
I was very careful to word my post so that it does not come across as me deciding anything, but only expressing a wish to keep the hate out. I did not even adress you personally.
Please tell me what I should do to achieve this without everyone making me the bad guy again and the civility dictator. Because I REALLY don't enjoy being seen as one by you guys!

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Can somebody explain the flag thing to me. I don't know what that is all about.

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Quite often at the end of page one with these type of threads, I think perhaps I put the wrong shrooms in mi ensalada. Some times this place willy trips me out!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:46 pm

beats me wrote:Can somebody explain the flag thing to me. I don't know what that is all about.
I didn't know that either, but as Leisuremuffin pointed out, this is the flag that SA only had during the Apartheit era.
That's way low in a thread like this IMO!

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
beats me wrote:Can somebody explain the flag thing to me. I don't know what that is all about.
I didn't know that either, but as Leisuremuffin pointed out, this is the flag that SA only had during the Apartheit era.
That's way low in a thread like this IMO!

Thanks.

I’ll stay out of the rest of this.

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 pm

The irony here is that Mandela was a man of peace, who sought to unite people regardless of their backgrounds, whereas leisuremuffin is giving Tom a hard time for trying to do exactly that. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

No, I was wrong. It's still funny. :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Galt wrote:The irony here is that Mandela was a man of peace, who sought to unite people regardless of their backgrounds, whereas leisuremuffin is giving Tom a hard time for trying to do exactly that. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

No, I was wrong. It's still funny. :lol:
Sure, stoke the flames :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:25 am

@ leisuremuffin - do you stand up for other leaders who have spearheaded the search for peace and equality in the world or do Mandela and King just fit a demographic that you prefer to defend above others?

if so, could you name one?

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:29 am

If I have to pick just one, it think the obvious choice is a man who had a strong influence on both, Mahatma Gandhi.

I'm not sure why you think that MLK and Mandela are of the same demographic though, what, because they were both black? Last I checked they were separated by an ocean and facing different oppressors. I'm not entirely sure what your real question is.