m-audio soundcard?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
heuristics

m-audio soundcard?

Post by heuristics » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:51 pm

anyone else waiting for a driver update for mavericks? apparently a bunch of m-audio products are now handled by avid, I have a fast track pro and its basically useless until they update some drivers... which im not sure if they are going to do... :evil:
i tried calling them the other day and you need to purchase a support code just to talk to them?? wtf is that

_seph

Re: m-audio soundcard?

Post by _seph » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:57 am

after this whole mess of Avid selling them to InMusic (Numark, Akai, Alesis) I'm done with M-Audio. none of the products of theirs that I own are being supported any longer and Avid has washed their hands of it. so no updated drivers and I can't get a replacement tweeter for their EX66 monitors or even a cable for their Q40 headphones.

it's sad as M-Audio was producing some great gear. I also have some of their mics, which are excellent and planned on getting a pair of IEM's while looking forward to what they developed next. ultimately this is just another reason to dislike Avid.. anyway, good luck with that.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:40 am

M-Audio was always terrible at updating their drivers. Years ago I had to get a new card when they wouldn't update their drivers for the Audiophile to 64 bit.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:29 am

My profire 610 drivers work just fine on win7x64

Sorry, I couldn't resist.........but on a serious note. WHY in gobs name would anyone update to mavericks w/o knowing what is available? CLEARLY mavericks is not up to date for many things.

_seph

Post by _seph » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:10 am

eyeknow wrote:My profire 610 drivers work just fine on win7x64

Sorry, I couldn't resist.........but on a serious note. WHY in gobs name would anyone update to mavericks w/o knowing what is available? CLEARLY mavericks is not up to date for many things.
Mavericks is fine for most things. the last driver available for my M-Audio interface was for OS 10.7.4 (Mavericks is OS 10.9)

however, it took less than two minutes to find the current driver for the Fasttrack Pro, this supports Mavericks and has been out for a month~ http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/down ... ro-Drivers

heuristics, if "apparently a bunch of m-audio products are now handled by avid", wouldn't you think to check Avid's driver page before taking the time to waste ours?

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Dont buy any m-audio products!!!! They never update their drivers!!!! HANDS OFF M-AUDIO!!!! :twisted:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro