APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
bardoriver

Re: APC 40 FAQs, features and questions

Post by bardoriver » Thu May 09, 2013 7:29 am

Gltich Factory (mrbill and will marshal) APC 40 question-

Im using the above template, want to know if you can cue tracks up with this template? (eg, cue up tracks in the headphones, before sending to master out)

I ask here as I only have a 2 in 2 out sound card wich does not facilitate cueing, so I need to know if this function is available on this template before buying a 2 in 4 out soundcard.

thanks in advance!

serbia

Post by serbia » Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 pm

is there a production template which people use in arrangement for apc 40? obviously tons of templates out there to use in session view and for dj-ing, but anything specific for arrnagement? my work flow is pretty mcuh all arrnagement view apart from mix down etc in session

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sat May 11, 2013 5:25 am

:mrgreen:

No, it's ironic.

WTF this "firmware erase" trick is at the top, 1st page ?

For clever guys like me, who despite being skeptical and +/- clever, also have moments of extreme LORD-Moron-to_rule_over_morons behavior ...

like checking if it's a joke, because damn, Akai pro, the tip isn't quoted anywhere but here in fact and btw

SHIT, APC40 DEAD :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

filipk

Post by filipk » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:51 am

Hey,

i'm new to APC40 and have a problem with it. Everything seems working fine but when i push "Shift" and "Bank Select" down button to get to the bottom of the Session View and when letting that button go it's automatically goes back to the top. It' happens everytime i push Bank Select down button. Would be thankful for any tip couse it's making me going nuts.

I'm working on Ableton 9.0.4
Thanks

Eunjihan

Post by Eunjihan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just want to chip in here and tell you about Stray's apC-CL1 template with Midi Bomes MT Player.
It's less than €20 and it's brilliant. There are other templates like the CL3 where you can play
chords chromatically if you want - like Push - but they're extra. I got my APC40 2nd hand for a
good price so I didn't mind investing in the first template, the apC-CL1

Here's a youtube tutorial on how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMfcr0JraUk

The 2nd page that comes with the apC-CL1 is great for moving around the browser and session/arrangement views.
The 5x8 buttons are hotwired so you copy, paste, undo, delete and a few other dinky little CTRL/Cmds.
There is also a row of 8 buttons that you can configure yourself with the included, "Live Menu Keys" and it
is a sinch to configure. Now I can open sets, save, save as, insert audio, midi tracks, export and quit.

You can also rename and assign any of the commands under the File, Edit, Create options.

There is also a drum sequencer in the apC-Cl1 which is brilliant. The only down side is that the APC buttons
are not touch sensitive. If they were, Push would have a serious rival. As it stands, APC40 with the native
KONTROL template is an amazing production/DJ tool. Push, despite it's browser problems is a far superior
drum sequencer/instrument, but I just gotta have those faders and mute/solo/arm buttons!

Hope that was of some help. I wouldn't be surprised if this was mentioned before in the thread, but there are
71 pages and I just don't have the time to read them all.

Eun Ji

And no, I have nothing to do with NativeKONTROL nor am I affiliated with them in anyway, I'm just a happy customer
who wants to spread the word about this nifty and affordable product.

http://www.nativekontrol.com/apC_Series.html

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:13 am

Have you managed to navigate live with this cl1 preset? What movements do you use it for and in what situations?

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:03 am

mescalin wrote:Can anyone explain how I would skip 8 or 5 squares but without holding shift, is this possible, shift moving is the only way i cannot get lost yet it requires two hands!!!!

sorry if this is noobish tech wise i'm more into the music side

I am thinking of exchanging bank select with shift + bank select. Is it a matter of changing places of two lines in remote script or something more complicated?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Heres a couple of videos showing off what we've done with Max4live and the Akai APC40...

https://vimeo.com/album/2661174

In short we've re-configured the APC40 to work as a proper DJ mixer with on the fly looping, banks of editable encoders and the like...

Have a look and get more info at www.isotonikstudios.com

Cheers
D

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks, but I use Hans's free preset and my question concerns modifying it.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:15 pm

baseinstinct wrote:Thanks, but I use Hans's free preset and my question concerns modifying it.
Sorry it wasn't in answer to your question....

From the stuff i've looked at i'd avoid anything with the shift button, it's so deeply woven within the remote script that so much references it...

Cheers
D