why ABLETON support sucks?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Omniology

Re: why ABLETON support sucks?

Post by Omniology » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Ableton has always resoved all of my issues..... If only they would master my tracks.

Om

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:50 am

I wrote my post because my proposed solution will resolve unlocking problems. You install Live and it works for 10 days in fully operational mode, then it locks itself into DEMO (if not authorised). There will be no more complaints (unless it will take more than 10 days for Ableton to respond). So far the longest time I have waited was 7 days, so they can beat it,...

Another example of ignorance had just happened yesterday. I asked about resolving a problem with my on-line account, and next day I have goten a message from Ableton support asking: "what is your problem, how can we help you?", so it seams they didn't read my request. Finally it was fixed, but why so much hassle ?
Anyway - one thing that keeps me as their customer is the product, and the product is just great. I just hope they hear this message and take this into consideration to make support better.

Thank all of you for your opinions.
Arthur Klisiewicz
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:30 am

aklisiewicz wrote:my proposed solution will resolve unlocking problems. You install Live and it works for 10 days in fully operational mode, then it locks itself into DEMO (if not authorised).
IMO thats the best solution I've read in this thread. Buys them time, gives you what you want, limits piracy. Done.

I think that the App should send the request for you though. This way Ableton gets the request without email issues and they can track their software and its behavior as far as activations resulting from installs are concerned. After all, the larger portion of the time when you click "I Agree" on most companies EULA, you don't own the software. You license it.

Dongles suck.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 am

Oh and for what its worth... Their support has always been friendly and courteous (as it should be), but I have had at least 3 experiences where I would not call them prompt. I still haven't got a response to the last email I sent in, which was a response to an email I was sent by support. In their defense I was slow on my reply too, but part of that was due to a large number or system changes and checks that they asked me to perform. It was months ago, and the problem has since... mostly subsided. And also in their defense, 7 was solid for me. These problems have been with 8 and I accept their request for patience and their offer of dedicating themselves to get it right.

Take your time boys... just make sure and shut all the naysayers the hell up when you come back at us.

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 pm

SUCK!
Drums

telekom

Post by telekom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Ableton support, in my experience, is absolutely superb. It's been a while since I was in touch but they totally bent over backwards to help. I bought a UC33 deal from them and the company that should have delivered the device to Ableton screwed up - so Ableton upgraded me from Live 4 to 5 FOR FREE, and threw in a mousemat and some other goodies when the device arrived. Plus they kept in regular, courteous contact with me and apologised genuinely for the problem - EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT THEIR FAULT!!! Thank you Claudia - 99% of customer support in every walk of life is utter rubbish, but Ableton renewed my faith.

I can't speak for recent customer support, but I know from the posts above that I'm not alone in being extremely impressed with Ableton Customer Service.

Dongles: Never. Every time I go travelling I lose something small - sunglasses, earplugs, little camping items. So just imagine being on the road with a gig looming and you lose something small like your Ableton Dongle. Maybe some of the earlier posters here who need regular multiple authorisations could have their own solution. I don't want or need a dongle, but some folk seem to like the idea and want the option. Why not have a nice little Ableton USB storage drive that is also a dongle, which you can buy? Ableton sells you a nice storage drive for $10-15, you get somewhere to back up essential samples or files, plus it acts as a dongle for Live if you request it. I don't want a dongle, so I don't want to pay for the production of a dongle when buying Ableton, and want to continu using the very practical challenge code method they already use. But if somebody wants or needs a dongle, why not make it a little extra money to buy, plus it's a nice little practical object too?
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:03 pm

I whish some one from Ableton give us some opinion about the solution I porpossed (?)

Arthur
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

TobiasHahn

Post by TobiasHahn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Arthur,

I have put your wish on our internal wishlist. I cannot say, however, whether and when we will decide to implement this feature.

I am sorry that your support experience is not what you were looking for. To ensure prompt and speedy handling of your requests, please make absolutely certain that you include the case number in the subject of your email when replying. Otherwise it becomes very difficult for us to follow the history of your problem, which slows down the support process considerably.

When contacting support with
Unfortunately, Live would also incorrectly direct you to customercare@ableton.com instead of support@ableton.com for technical questions; this will be fixed in a forthcoming bugfix update.

Best wishes,
Tobias

Serra

Post by Serra » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:36 am

I am surprised. My experience with Ableton support is better than with any other company in any other market. If I had a Rolls Royce, I think I'd still get better support from Ableton then from them... if I felt like writing here, is because I really had an amazing experience because I am quite critical of support operations. For instance, Native Instruments have the absolute worst support team I have come across in this business. Its so bad it makes you want to talk about it. I mean, even to buy things, when you are having problems with the site, they respond one month later saying they lost your question due to database issue. I would understand if it wasn't for the fact they consistently have an excuse to reply to your questions after weeks or months, and the answer is usually that typical manual copy and paste which obviously did not work before. Anyway, my experience with Ableton support is like a fairy tale. I hope you solve your problem.
www.twitter.com/superstringz

Superstringz 'Revolver' on feature film, more info soon:
http://www.beatport.com/track/revolver- ... ix/2042615

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 am

TobiasHahn wrote:Hi Arthur,

I have put your wish on our internal wishlist. I cannot say, however, whether and when we will decide to implement this feature.

I am sorry that your support experience is not what you were looking for. To ensure prompt and speedy handling of your requests, please make absolutely certain that you include the case number in the subject of your email when replying. Otherwise it becomes very difficult for us to follow the history of your problem, which slows down the support process considerably.

When contacting support with
Unfortunately, Live would also incorrectly direct you to customercare@ableton.com instead of support@ableton.com for technical questions; this will be fixed in a forthcoming bugfix update.

Best wishes,
Tobias
You wasn't meant to do that! :wink:

Hd

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:53 am

if anyone thinks that ableton's support sucks, then he probably never ever dealt with another company's support, they are outstanding by far.
and well yes, they can not be always perfect.
*** Image GAFM ***

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 am

SubFunk wrote:if anyone thinks that ableton's support sucks, then he probably never ever dealt with another company's support, they are outstanding by far.
and well yes, they can not be always perfect.
Rule Nr. one about support. it can't suck if they actually HAVE ONE :) that's better than most other companies :)
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

ScarKord

Post by ScarKord » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:27 pm

I recently bought a second hand copy of Max4live and they were amazingly fast in responding and transferring the licence, not to mention polite. Same when I bought my Live 6 licence. (Was a late convert from Acid :) )

If you consider that they get no financial benefit from transfers, other than the hope you'll become a loyal upgrader (which I have) it's even more impressive. No complaints on their service from me!

Cheers
ScarKord - Electronic music, remix and sound design
http://www.scarkord.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/scarkord

PacoMerh

Post by PacoMerh » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:10 pm

I've been trying to deal with support to change a product I bought and it seems like that simple operation is too complex for them.
I finally got an answer on the phone after days of trying and getting a busy line, and they decided to hangup to take other callers , reason being,
"we are too busy to do this right now and it would take me a long time".
Are you kidding me? to go from ableton 9 to Suite? wow I almost want to stop using this thing.
nothing else.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:46 pm

But if this thread is any indicator, Ableton's support hasn't sucked for about 4 years. That's a pretty good record.