Android tablets

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Galt

Re: Android tablets

Post by Galt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Cancel your order.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Learn one of the music apps inside and out before you move on to one the other 2 total music apps available.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:48 am

is it a craigpad?

nevermind i just read the title and felt like making fun of it before actually reading anything.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:55 am

nathannn wrote:is it a craigpad?

nevermind i just read the title and felt like making fun of it before actually reading anything.
This is something you like to do?

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Ok, so I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" tablet arriving in a few days. Any tips?
ive got these installed on my nexus

notateme
irealpro
chord!
timeguru
pitchlab
caustic 3

great tools

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:46 am

I use mine almost exclusively as a Kindle

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Personally I find a bigger issue with Kindle etc is the way it wraps text when you zoom in - with PDFs it's very frustrating because it doesn't scroll pages easily - it doesn't shift in the right size so when you go to the next page (which is probably more like half a page when zoomed in with the text size I like) then if you press the arrow or whatever then you have to find the line you were on again, which is actually pretty annoying when trying to read a book.

I've experienced the same thing with the Zinio reader. PDFs in Adobe digital editions are the same, but EPUB are ok.

That issue is a bigger deal to me. I have visual problems too. I have reading glasses, but I think I also have Irlens syndrome which is a bit like dyslexia but to do with glare.. it all looks grainy to me. I have some coloured glasses but they don't really help much. Maybe there would be a better colour..

Anyway, point being I like to zoom it right in so the text is really large, and so far I've found the Kindle app to handle that best. Epub on ADE is next best.

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:36 pm

i use google books

you can upload your own ebooks and pdfs to google and get them as and when you need them

Quiggers

Post by Quiggers » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:16 am

touchosc

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:43 pm

My mom, a former all Apple product user, got a Kindle Fire based on a lie. She was lead to believe it’s easier to read on a Kindle Fire in sunlight than it is on an iPad. It isn’t. They are both shit in direct sunlight. She should have gotten a Kindle Paperwhite if that is what she was looking to do. :x

But for that transgression she also made my Christmas hand me down tradition decision easier. I gave my iPad 3 to my godmother instead of her. She’ll just have to make do with my iPad 1 I gave her years ago and her Kindle Fire…reading in the shade or dark. :x

earthloop

Post by earthloop » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:40 pm

beats me wrote:My mom, a former all Apple product user, got a Kindle Fire based on a lie. She was lead to believe it’s easier to read on a Kindle Fire in sunlight than it is on an iPad. It isn’t. They are both shit in direct sunlight. She should have gotten a Kindle Paperwhite if that is what she was looking to do. :x

But for that transgression she also made my Christmas hand me down tradition decision easier. I gave my iPad 3 to my godmother instead of her. She’ll just have to make do with my iPad 1 I gave her years ago and her Kindle Fire…reading in the shade or dark. :x
:lol: