Operator Improvements

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Division Monarchy

Operator Improvements

Post by Division Monarchy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:05 am

The Operator needs some serious improvements...

1. The ability to create Bezier Curves on the Oscillator envelope like what it has on the Filter.

2. A grid option on the Oscillator envelope for creating more complex patterns similar to the FM8.

3. Higher frequency range for the "Fixed" pitch mode.

4. User customizable Oscillator routings

It's a powerful synth with a lot of potential, but it is missing some vital features. It was the first plug-in that they made as an extra & it seems as though it has been neglected a proper makeover since its release.

condra

Re: Operator Improvements

Post by condra » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:37 am

Division Monarchy wrote: It's a powerful synth with a lot of potential, but it is missing some vital features. It was the first plug-in that they made as an extra & it seems as though it has been neglected a proper makeover since its release.
Ableton have made lots of great improvements to Operator over the years, including new filter types, more modulation routing options and additive wavetable synthesis.

I hear ya though. Any new features would be more than welcome. It's just an insanely amazing synth. I've fallen in and out of love with Massive and Zebra a number of times, but I've always used Operator for 99% of my synth stuff.

Anywho. I would love:

- another LFO

- crazy wavetable modulation ala Zebra/Massive

- comb/formant filters

- complex envelopes