Live 9.1 Decompiled DefaultSkin.py Available

Discuss Push with other users.
yur2die4

Re: Live 9.1 Decompiled DefaultSkin.py Available

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:37 pm

I wasn't thinking of a preview as in, actual usage, but more of a 'predrawn representation'of each mode.

So it steals the Push, it doesn't function as Push, but you get to see a snapshot of different modes. The. A person would scroll through the color options for each parameter. At any time, a person could create a txt that gives the info.

I'm not asking anyone to make it. I'm just wondering how realistic it sounds as a future possibility. And if it seems like a good method for users to make their own color combinations.

In other news, your device sounds like even more fun. Pad paint! I'll try it after I eat something.

Because789

Post by Because789 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:17 pm

I see exactly what you mean, but it looks to me that M4L isn't the way to go for such a feature. I can't exclude it, but I would be surprised if we could access the color variables through M4L. If we can't access the colors one would have to define the pad layout for each Push mode in M4L, which is doable, but imo no fun at all.

As far as I can see python would be the much better road to take for this task. And I guess it's realistic to assume we will see some (even official) development in this direction one day (the colors are defined in a file called SkinDefault.py, why would you call a file like this if you're not planing to add cumstom skins one day?).
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

stevoEOS

Post by stevoEOS » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:15 pm

I downloaded the file "Push Script Mods v1.1.1" from here http://beatwise.proboards.com/thread/1281 and copied over the unzipped folder in to my Midi Remote Scripts folder however now when I load up Ableton, Push doesn't start up at all and even after moving the Push Scripts Mods folder back out of the Midi Remote Scripts folder, it's still not working :cry: Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong? I only picked my Push up last night and now it's not working at all now unless I go in to a Beta version of Live.

Any help appreciated.

stevoEOS

Post by stevoEOS » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Anyone able to assist? I've managed to get Push working again, for some reason it had removed 'Push' as a control surface in the drop down within preferences so it's back working now I've selected it.

I would still like to know what I'm doing wrong with regards to the Push Scripts Mods v.1.1.1 folder to allow me to use the Seapush skin?

Many thanks in advance.

Because789

Post by Because789 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:42 am

stevoEOS wrote:... and copied over the unzipped folder in to my Midi Remote Scripts folder
Maybe this: don't copy the folder, but only the *.py files within the folder. The *.py files have to end up in the same folder where the *.pyc files are, namely: ...\MIDI Remote Scripts\Push
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

stevoEOS

Post by stevoEOS » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks a lot for the response, will try that tonight when I get home from work and report back.

Cheers

triant

Post by triant » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 am

hey folks, sorry for disappearing without warning. i've been in total seclusion in the woods for 2.5 months (no human contact, no internet, no electricity) to write and meditate. and in the whirlwind of preparing for this trip i got negligent about the seapush mod.

before i left i was trying to get seapush to work with the live 9.1 beta, but the script mod basically made the melodic step sequencer mode unusable for reasons i didn't know enough about to debug.

my push is still in a storage unit in NYC and i won't be returning there till april, so i can't test myself, but do i understand correctly from this thread that someone else figured out how to fix the DefaultSkin.py mod so that it doesn't ruin the note sequencer interface? i'd love to know how this was done.

once i get back to my push in april i'll fix my github page. for now i'll just add a warning...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:15 am

Unless I missed something, it looks like it works fine. Just tested it, getting the new colors in the sequencer and everything appears to function as you'd expect.

neilmcm1975

Post by neilmcm1975 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi does anyone have a copy of the original scripts as I saved mine when I installed the sea push colour scheme then updated to latest remote scripts from here but I wanted to revert to the original scheme but when installed the old scripts push is no longer working , it just says please start live and when I start live nothing happens.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Anybody know what file contains an individual preset for a VSTi control mapping? Just curious about the possibility of hacking the bank names in a VSTi control mapping.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:31 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Airyck wrote:Anybody know what file contains an individual preset for a VSTi control mapping? Just curious about the possibility of hacking the bank names in a VSTi control mapping.
I have not the slightest idea. But it should be with the rack presets I would assume. I doubt that these files are in an easily accesible language like Phyton though. And even if you get to edit the file, it's not certain that there is a ready made template for bank names. It could be made in a generic fashion. Like: Up to 8 paramers, return Bank(x); up to 16; return Bank(x) and Bank(x+1) and so on. Which means you would have to program a way to actually give your banks meaningfull names. I would leave that to Ableton to be honest
I see, thanks for the insight. Just thought I'd see if it was possible but the more I thought about it the more I thought it would probably require writing some code rather than editing whats there. It seems you've confirmed that as a very likely possibility.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Bimmlu

Post by Bimmlu » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 pm

After the 9.1.1 Update it doesn't work anymore :cry: Any ideas?

drez

Post by drez » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 am

Bimmlu wrote:After the 9.1.1 Update it doesn't work anymore :cry: Any ideas?
Could you be more specific as to what "it" is?
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

Bimmlu

Post by Bimmlu » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:52 am

drez wrote:
Bimmlu wrote:After the 9.1.1 Update it doesn't work anymore :cry: Any ideas?
Could you be more specific as to what "it" is?
The Seapush Mod for Push.