Beardytron Vocal Processor Question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ksonic

Beardytron Vocal Processor Question

Post by ksonic » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:25 am

Hi all. I've been trying to research the crap out of this but have come up with next to no information, so I'm coming here wondering what you guys might know.

What vocal processor is Beardyman using (through one of his ipads) to sound like Microsoft Sam / Stephen Hawking, among other voices and vocalizations like chords and soundscapes?

Here are some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPtxLtZZfSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5bWFa6CTmM

The easy answer would be to say it's proprietary and leave it at that, but I don't think he created (or collaborated to make) the vocal processor he uses.

Any help would be much appreciated!
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

dr.mysterium

Re: Beardytron Vocal Processor Question

Post by dr.mysterium » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:49 pm

I believe it's multiple instances of the vst, Turnado, from sugarbytes. As well as custom software.
I am Dr. M. Solo artist, member of 86BiTz, host of the Perfect Glitch Show, & the Live Jam Video Stream. Music on Soundcloud and BandCamp. Jam Archive on Patreon•••• I master audio & produce video of all of the above as Tremendm Labs on YouTube.

Post by 102455 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 pm

I'm sure I remember a "making of" video he did which describes what went into the Beardytron.

chrk

Post by chrk » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:27 pm

102455 wrote:I'm sure I remember a "making of" video he did which describes what went into the Beardytron.
Beardytron 5000 « Beardyman - The 'making of' is at the bottom, and Tournado has some vital part in it.