-THE vst preset racks thread-

Discuss Push with other users.
Airyck

Re: -THE vst preset racks thread-

Post by Airyck » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Well it looks like it may be beneficial for me to do the AU version of z3ta+ 2 after all.

Not sure if the PC VSTi preset would just automatically load the AU version since there is no VST version for Mac. If you want to send me one or two presets I can check if they will automatically load the AU version, otherwise I'll probably get back to doing z3ta+ 2 again.

I started on FXpansion Strobe last night, I've got a great control mapping laid out for it. I ran into a couple of problems though. When you group the VST version of Strobe and then load it either from Push or drag from the browser it crashes Ableton 9.1 every singe time. If I load the VST when it's not grouped, it doesn't crash Ableton. I sent in a crash report for it but the only way I can create presets for Strobe is to use the AU version which doesn't crash Ableton.

The other thing which is a FXpansion issue is how their plugs report back to controllers. It doesn't report the right value and is usually off by 1. So if you try and set the oscillator pitch to 0.00 it's actually -1.00 for example. I reported this over 2 years ago to them and have put up a fit about it even declared a boycott to their products until they fix it. This is what they said "__________" NOTHING! So it's not a major issue and the synths still sound good so I'll still make the presets but not sure if they will work for PC users since it's an AU.

I'm doing these because I want them to use for myself, but I don't see a reason not to share them since I've already done the work.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

stevieoswald

Post by stevieoswald » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks for the up, goodsir
Jonkers I am indeed working on Vst racks in a similar way to Queglay
Mine are at http://mabelton.myshopify.com/
Currently includes Mini V, Modular V and Sylenth (factory banks 1,2 and 3)
Looking at doing more popular banks for Sylenth and probably rest of the V collection
Will be including some freebies in there once I have the web hosting covered with the nominal charge I'm asking for the others. Won't do any vsts that other members have said they're working on
Cheers and take care all :D

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:43 pm

@Airyck

The presets won't pickup as AU versions on mac from what I have been told unfortunately. If you must use AU then you will need AU spcific presets for it.

I have found that presets are not always perfect loading for some VSTs and this method really is a work around solution.

One benefit tho apart from loading from Push is that the preset files are included in Ableton searches so if the actual preset name contains useful terms it makes finding sounds even easier.

Now, if Ableton could implement a tagging system and make the library more like a catalogue IE: Native Instruments and Spectrasonics browsing for instance, then it would make up for the hack dashery of the current library layout.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Thanks for the info Jester, Looks like my AU and your VST of z3ta+ 2 will be needed so I'll get back on those in the next weeks. I'm starting school again along with full time work so my time will be limited (yay Calculus I,II,III :roll: Electrical Engineering :) )

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Ha, yeah I work full time (non music related) and just started back yesterday plus I have 2 kids so my time is also stretched thin.

I can take a screen shot of the controller mappings if you like if that may assist since you can't load the VST version. I bought z3ta2+ through Steam (of all places) when they had it at 75% off.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:22 pm

No worries, I have my own take on what will be useful for the controls. I'm actually going to just toy around with using the controls while making a track to see if they are usable and make adjustments to them as needed before I create all of the presets locked to the controls. Like I said, I'm ultimately making these for my own use and a side product is that I share them.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:27 am

I finished the mapping and presets for the AU version of FXpansion Strobe tonight.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=201268&start=0

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Update: Here is the link for the Mega.co.nz download

Strobe AU Mapping and Presets for Push

https://mega.co.nz/#!24ZjGYBR!cmPnIRidc ... WjHZNjpEpY

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:25 am

If anyone still rocks the old Novation Bass Station this can be found on my site.

Trilian is still in progress. With 40C+ days at the moment it's just too hot to sit and script shit. It's hard enough to do the work I have to do.

Syver

Post by Syver » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Hello jonkers303,

Have you succeeded in making a preset for Lush 101 ?

jonkers303

Post by jonkers303 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Sorry folks got busy shortly after i made the initial post so haven't done my homework.

But wow you guys been busy!

I will go thru all post´s and add releases to the first post.

Also here´s a re-up of my TAL and U-HE racks:
TAL: https://mega.co.nz/#!sc0ClIqR!P63ujTpkq ... WeUcsSS6O4
U-HE: https://mega.co.nz/#!5c8GVZ7S!XBtaLARoH ... mTSOq_99AE

I will update my links in first post.

And hopefully i will be able to add som new VST´s soon.

stevieoswald

Post by stevieoswald » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Cool thanks Jonkers!
We now offer at http://www.craftedsound.com:
Arturia V Collection (10 synths)
Alchemy
Sylenth
Diva
Zebra (configured with 15 banks of mapped parameters)
Zebralette
Both Zebra and Zebralette are free downloads
All the best
Stevie

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 pm

High praise to all the users offering FREE preset packs to users. It is a shame some users are forcing a purchase for presets. We all have to cover some costs but I see dedicated sites setup to offer these files just like a business for some quick pocket money.

I am happy to provide my own personal AutoIT scripts for anyone on Windows that wants to create their own presets for Push on the condition the presets are offered FREE (or donation) for all users. I am happy to host peoples free packs on my server if you like and assist in the creation of these presets. I would much rather see effort put into making Push accessible for all rather than it costing users even more to do what should be possible out the box.

Now, if you create a script that can access presets from a VST on-the-fly from push or does something like PXT then I am throwing cash at you.

stevieoswald

Post by stevieoswald » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Taking a look at what's available now, I think Jonkers can be singled out for real praise. He has offered downloads for free, without even mentioning a donation (we're now following his approach with some of ours, as we said we would). More than this, he's hosted it on a third party pure download site, so he's not even hoping to benefit from people visiting his personal site where he displays his own music and/or commercial activities. And what is best is that he hasn't criticised the approach that other people are taking - he's just focused on what he's doing himself. But, with absolutely no disrespect to him, the number of synths he covers is small compared to Queglay/Audiomodder or Mabelton/crafted sound. Where there is the hope of some financial reward, sometimes great things get done quickly and well - that's life and there's nothing wrong with being paid for work by people who freely choose to buy it.

Talking of Queglay I think he is also worth praising - he's the one who inspired us at Mabelton. He offered an enormous amount of work at a very fair price - much less than the minimum wage for the hours he put in. I happily paid him for this work and I'm even happier having made a lot of packs myself now, as I realise how much work is involved. I think lots of people feel the same way about Audiomodder, and I know they do about our packs (lots of happy feedback from all over the world). After all, even with automation, it is still many hours/days of work. Not all VSTs can be automated the same way; one script won't work for all, etc. And when you have unstable ones like Arturia's Analog Lab - 5,000 presets with a crash every 50 or so - you really have to spend all day (repeatedly, for several days) in front of the computer. You feel a bit like the guy from LOST who had to keep pressing the button :D

Sure, people can make a rack themselves just like they can clean the street outside their house themselves. But in the case of streetcleaning, usually everyone in the community pays someone else a small amount of money to do it so they can all spend their own time on more interesting things. It's a good deal for the community and the street cleaners get fair reward but don't get rich - pretty similar to what's being proposed here.

So good luck everyone with what you're doing - Jester, hope you continue to get lots of donations and plenty of people listening to your sounds/using your services. You may have noticed I've repeatedly promoted your site when talking about our packs - we'll keep doing that.

phyxia

Post by phyxia » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:49 am

Pro-53
Synth1 80s bank and Nord Lead Bank 1:
https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B9Vr ... XBjbzVzajA
Theres an Ubermap cfg in the Ubermap thread.