ADVICE ON GETTING ABLETON TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR PUSH

Discuss Push with other users.
mrforged

ADVICE ON GETTING ABLETON TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR PUSH

Post by mrforged » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:12 pm

On October 14, 2013, I contacted Ableton because the rubber coating on one of two of the Push units I own had somehow started to come off in a mess of goo which I then tried wiping off with a damp cloth. Although I had only used the unit for literally no more than a few minutes and had then stored it for a few months in its original box, Ableton told me the unit would NOT be covered under warranty because it was obvious that it was water-damaged (from the damp cloth I used to wipe the goo off). Grudgingly, I agreed to pay for the repair. I was told a box and a label would be shipped to me so that I could send my unit in to the repair center. A month and a half later, I still had not received such a box. I contacted Ableton again and Frederick was very apologetic about whole situation and told me that Ableton wanted to make things right and would therefore be covering the cost of the repair. He then sent me a label via email and in it he recanted his promise that Ableton would be picking up the charges and I lambasted him for doing so right away. He then apologized once again and said that, in fact, the repair would be done at no cost to me. Now, it looks to me like they are once again going back on their promise as I have not yet received my Push unit back, and Ableton support says that the unit was placed on 'hold' while they investigate.

Investigate what? How long does it take to read an email thread?

It has been almost 4 months and my Push unit has yet to be serviced. Attempts to reach Frederick's supervisor are futile as nobody picking up the phone will let me talk to that person or even tell me what his or her name is. I am pissed beyond belief.

I fully expect Ableton to fumble and I am wondering if I will be forced to take legal action against them. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Airyck

Re: ADVICE ON GETTING ABLETON TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR PUSH

Post by Airyck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm

I'm wondering if it has to filter down through AKAI some how since the designed the controller hardware, also it sounds right in-line with AKAI business practices so it's a long shot but maybe you could contact AKAI?
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

panten

Post by panten » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience and it seems pretty shocking to me that support is so bad for their loyal customers.

Sometimes going public with things like this is enough to spur companies into acting. Go viral, Tweet this stuff and you might see movement.

Glad my Push has been near perfect so far, touch wood.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:28 pm

panten wrote:Sorry to hear about your experience and it seems pretty shocking to me that support is so bad for their loyal customers.

Sometimes going public with things like this is enough to spur companies into acting. Go viral, Tweet this stuff and you might see movement.

Glad my Push has been near perfect so far, touch wood.
I agree sometimes it's best to give them no choice. Hit em where it hurts.. .their wallet. 8)

@ Panten - I've never heard the phrase "touch wood" sounds kind of kinky lol. We usually say "Knock on Wood"
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /