Bitwig release date march 26

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nebulae

Re: Bitwig release date march 26

Post by nebulae » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:21 am

beats me wrote:I hope they have a demo with built-in tutorials because that’s what sold me on Live back on version 5. I didn’t just buy it and then pop on the internet with “can’t wrap my head around it” posts.
No, you called me instead. And then we went to NAMM. And all of our questions were answered.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:24 am

Angstrom wrote:golden winged sex goddesses who will crouch
I stopped reading anything before or after this partial statement.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:25 am

Regardless of anything I'd like to see changed in live, I think they are pretty active. With the point being, likely, we'll see some things implemented.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:27 am

If the two companies have a gentlemans agreement between them regarding the relationship between Bitwig Studio and Ableton Live I think a crossgrade campaign to entice customers from one to the other might fracture that.

But who knows, perhaps there is only seething hatred between the two companies and we will see RRPs spiral down in a vicous price and feature war until Live pays you to use it, and Bitwig free updates are delivered daily by golden winged sex goddesses who will crouch and empathetically listen to the feature grievances of "producers" unhappy about the existence of latency.

We can only guess what the future may hold
Yea. The way I picture it is like Gerhard & Co. have to deal with big Ableton business now as compared to when they were small. Tons more things to take into consideration when changes need to be made. It just cannot be as easy to go 'we can change this and this and this and boom. This is not as fun as when we were a small and merry bunch." Claes and Co. were like "Yo, we're and small and merry bunch and we'd like to use Live the way we want to use it, so let's make it. We don't have all those considerations to take into account yet." Old code, 3rd party stuff, etc etc. Fresh cake. I don't see how Ableton wouldn't understand that.
Regardless of anything I'd like to see changed in live, I think they are pretty active. With the point being, likely, we'll see some things implemented.
And then there's that.
ImageImage

Slacker4hire

Post by Slacker4hire » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:15 am

puzzlefactory wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
beats me wrote:I don’t really get this cross grade discount expectation for owning software made by a competitor. Does any other developer do that?
Yeah it's fairly common.
Who's done it? I've never seen it offered before...
Presonus does it too, owning Live got me $100 off Studio One. That said, I don't feel it should be expected. Just nice when it happens.
10.9 - Live 9.1/M4L - Studio One 2.6.2 - Komplete 9 ultimate - Maschine 2.0 MK2 plus random goodies and a ton of unused hardware.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:36 am

nebulae wrote:
beats me wrote:I hope they have a demo with built-in tutorials because that’s what sold me on Live back on version 5. I didn’t just buy it and then pop on the internet with “can’t wrap my head around it” posts.
No, you called me instead. And then we went to NAMM. And all of our questions were answered.
That was fun.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:38 am

nebulae wrote:
No, you called me instead..

:lol:

This sounds familiar!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:51 am

sparklepuff wrote:
nebulae wrote:
That was fun.
Sparky, our forbidden night in bed was one I will never forget.

Also, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82789
Last edited by nebulae on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:52 am

Tarekith wrote:
nebulae wrote:
No, you called me instead..

This sounds familiar!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh shuttup, you love it when I call and bother you with insipid "Help me with my software" conversations.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:20 am

"How do I install 3 partitions with mountain kitty, windows poor me, and linus xxx just in case my upgrade doesn't work?"

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:29 am

Holy shit, did I actually ask you that? hahahahahahaha

I'm surprised you didn't hang up on me on the spot. LOL

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:37 am

Mod is so generous that he allowed BW salesman to register to post a sales talk.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 am

Didn't you know? Bitwig is owned by ableton. It's all part of the master plan to dominate the world.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:14 am

pencilrocket wrote:Mod is so generous that he allowed BW salesman to register to post a sales talk.
Could be worse, this could be a Logic thread and they're owned by Apple! Wouldn't that just get you riled up? :)

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:22 am

Tarekith wrote:
pencilrocket wrote:Mod is so generous that he allowed BW salesman to register to post a sales talk.
Could be worse, this could be a Logic thread and they're owned by Apple! Wouldn't that just get you riled up? :)
But you are already ableton certified Logic salesman having over 10000 posts on the forum :twisted: . I wouldn't be surprised even if there were such topic doe.