Bitwig 1.0

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
njh

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:01 pm

shadx312 wrote:
Do you bother to think outside of the world you live in?
You really have no idea.
Do you really think things have to be the way they are because they are this way?
You really have no idea.
If you dont think there is enough for everyone in this world to live a decent life then you have let your mind be propagated by free market capitalism.
Wow, you know me so well, from so little. Please, just use me as your scapegoat and get it all out. I know it isn't personal.

I also think it's terrible that a kid who just lost their parents and limbs to a suicide bomber is thinking "If only BW was cheaper..."
Ah yes take the drama to the max by talking about extreme suffering to undermine injustices that seems trivial to you.
Any form of classism is not trivial, any form of elitism is not trivial.
In the future classism will be as unacceptable as racism.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm

njh wrote:Is your head so out there filled with free market glee that you really think $400 is what most new muscians of the world are able to pay for recording software? Again musicians of the WORLD not your world but the real world.
I get the impression that in your "real world" the word "musician" = popular recording artists and producers.

In "my world" musicians are people who make a living performing, composing, arranging, directing, typesetting, teaching, and recording music but never get their names plastered all over the world. They aren't rock stars and you'll never know who they are unless you work with them but they make music every day and get paid to do it. These people invest in the tools of their trade because being a working musician is a grind and having tools that are reliable and of a certain quality ensures that you can keep working. It's an investment.
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm

njh wrote:
H20nly wrote:
njh wrote:I wouldnt call being in a 3rd world country nor being to poor to be able to afford a computer luck. In fact its the opposite of luck. Its called being victimized by the rich in "1st world countries"
and here it is... the victim bit ^

because all third world countries would be much better off if left just the way they are. were you talking about specific ones or just making another blanket statement like you are doing for the world of musicians?

if you don't want or can't afford Bitwig that's cool, but i think you're either really young and naive... or your forgetting the not so distant roots. Cubase SX3 was 800 dollars in 2006. how much does it cost to get a Pro-Tools setup... and 5 years ago?

it's taken Bitwig 5 years to get this product together for you to be able to ridicule the pricing on as if you'd could do better. the truth is... you can't afford it. it's okay. no one hates you for not having that kind of cash... except maybe your girlfriend.

chill out mang.
I will chill out and eat a burger while watching man of steele mang when its time to chill out.
Its beyond obvious after all these years that you are one of the most naive uninformed members here. You go along with whatever the majority says and you never say anything that remotely sounds like a fresh idea. When a new Idea does come along you will be there to suppress it with your ignorance.
You try to come off as the cool guy lending a helping hand but then immediately throw something backhanded in there like "its ok no one hates you except your girlfriend" Are you fucking on meth? What type of 3rd grade put down is that?
Go turn on the t.v. and fry your brain to American Choppers or Pawn All Stars.
i can't help it if you're broke. i said MAYBE your girlfriend... for all i know you're dating a gold digger... but you seem pretty cheap.

there's nothing fresh about your little rant here. you're going off about a DAW being too expensive to a bunch of people who have invested in DAWs for years... they know how much a DAW can cost. that's why i know how much Cubase SX3 cost... i paid for it. i saved my money, got a bonus at work... and finally took the plunge and bought it with my... warning cliche coming... hard earned cash.

so call me uniformed all you like. i've taken the piss at Bitwig the whole way... but i haven't knocked it's price. i just fucking know better.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:08 pm

njh wrote:
Angstrom wrote:Ableton Live 9 standard : £339 / €388
Ableton Live 9 suite : £522 / €635
Bitwig studio: £249 / €299

It's an outrage , a positive outrage!!
that they are only 100 gbp / 120 € cheaper than Ableton Live standard !

How dare they only be that much cheaper!!!
The price Quoted originally Was $449 Gramps.
If your going to nod off mid conversation you cant come back fighting.
Btw if your going to show us something so bold as new pricing you could at least give the link.
http://www.bitwig.com/en/news/Bitwig-St ... tails.html
Box: USD 399.99 MAP, 329 EUR including VAT
Download: USD 399 / 299 EUR
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ableton_live_9.htm
Live 9 standard (Box) : €388 £319.20

by the way sonny, I'm giving prices in Euros & GBP.

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Airyck wrote:It's up to the person (or people) who created something to decide how much it's worth to them, not you.

It's up to you to decide if that price is worth it to you, if not, move on.

Simple
And Its up to me so speak out against something I find to be B.S. or a gimmick.
Im not asking you to get involved and Im not being a dick a telling you to "move on"
If you dont want to read what I have to say then don't read it and especially don't respond to me.

Even Simpler

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:15 pm

This "Proprietary time-stretching technology" has me interested. We're talking about modified existing algorithm, no?
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:20 pm

njh wrote:
Ah yes take the drama to the max by talking about extreme suffering to undermine injustices that seems trivial to you.
Any form of classism is not trivial, any form of elitism is not trivial.
In the future classism will be as unacceptable as racism.
Lol, yeah I'm also certain that it will be just as unacceptable...meaning not unacceptable at all!
Don't believe the pretense show your TV puts on for you, it's all disinformation and propaganda!
Racism, classism and all that will be with us for a very long time :x

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm

H20nly wrote:
i can't help it if you're broke. i said MAYBE your girlfriend... for all i know you're dating a gold digger... but you seem pretty cheap.

there's nothing fresh about your little rant here. you're going off about a DAW being too expensive to a bunch of people who have invested in DAWs for years... they know how much a DAW can cost. that's why i know how much Cubase SX3 cost... i paid for it. i saved my money, got a bonus at work... and finally took the plunge and bought it with my... warning cliche coming... hard earned cash.

so call me uniformed all you like. i've taken the piss at Bitwig the whole way... but i haven't knocked it's price. i just fucking know better.
If there is nothing fresh then dont engage yourself in the conversation. You just chimed in for the sake of chiming in (to grow your post count). I see you do this all the time though, some one says something 10 other people disagree with and then you jump in. You are never the first with the opinion but if its popular you adopt it.
If what I had to say was popular you would be here "Bro'ing" me up.

You cant help that Im broke? Another mindless dig and a condescending statement. If I am broke would you want to help? I dont think you would I think you are the type to rub it in that you cant help just to grind the knife a little deeper.
You really are an all American. BRO.
And why are you telling me about your bonus? How are you so ignorant that you cant see that you telling me (a stranger) about your bonus is a form of you gloating and wanting acceptance for not being poor. Youve taken every opportunity that you seen to tell me that you are not poor.
I guess its better for you to tell people how well of you are than for you to be seen as some one who isnt rich.
You are a contributor to classism. Im sure this is how you were raised but its time you grow up and realize that class-ism and poverty should not be excepted nor do they have to be. Poverty could be eliminated tomorrow if everyone wanted it to be.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:27 pm

So is the politics ban only valid in the Lounge then?!
How about we continue with the Huxley/Orwell global warming discussion here? This seems to be a free for all opinions thread :mrgreen:

Edit: I see myrnova is back ,-)
Last edited by TomViolenz on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Well then I guess at least this will be one less Bitwig thread on the internet.

Wow, 3 posts beat me to it.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:29 pm

njh wrote:If there is nothing fresh then dont engage yourself in the conversation. You just chimed in for the sake of chiming in (to grow your post count). I see you do this all the time though, some one says something 10 other people disagree with and then you jump in. You are never the first with the opinion but if its popular you adopt it.
If what I had to say was popular you would be here "Bro'ing" me up.

You cant help that Im broke? Another mindless dig and a condescending statement. If I am broke would you want to help? I dont think you would I think you are the type to rub it in that you cant help just to grind the knife a little deeper.
You really are an all American. BRO.
And why are you telling me about your bonus? How are you so ignorant that you cant see that you telling me (a stranger) about your bonus is a form of you gloating and wanting acceptance for not being poor. Youve taken every opportunity that you seen to tell me that you are not poor.
I guess its better for you to tell people how well of you are than for you to be seen as some one who isnt rich.
You are a contributor to classism. Im sure this is how you were raised but its time you grow up and realize that class-ism and poverty should not be excepted nor do they have to be. Poverty could be eliminated tomorrow if everyone wanted it to be.
:lol:

you give yourself WAY too much credit.

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:30 pm

So the price of music production software is responsible for world economic inequality then?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:31 pm

yes. and those of us with jobs are aggravating the situation.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:34 pm

njh wrote:If what I had to say was popular you would be here "Bro'ing" me up.
Racist.

:x
Unsound Designer

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:35 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:So the price of music production software is responsible for world economic inequality then?
Well, at least partially. you see, the bitwig guys just waited a few years to release this thing so that they could pretend to be doing a lot of work on it, in actuality they are just a cartel of bankers that paid slave wages to poor children to code their software. They are just waiting for you idiots to fork over your 400usd so that they can light 300 of it on fire in front of a starving emaciated baby begging for a bowl of rice and still make a crazy huge profit.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o