Bitwig 1.0

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
puzzlefactory

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Bottom line is, the people Bitwig Studio is being targeted at, are people that can afford €300.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people in the world who cannot afford this and I'm sure the good folks at Bitwig are sympathetic to their plight, but they are not the target market.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:15 pm

rtcardinal wrote:Of course, cheaper is always nicer. Personally, I think the price is completely reasonable. It's middle of the road for a cross platform, feature rich DAW. It wasn't long ago that this stuff $800-1500, despite wether the fact that you were a hobbyist or not. If you know what you're doing, you could spend the $400 on this and make a living with it. Plain and simple, it's a powerful tool for the price.
I'm really not sure what people were expecting. Cheaper price points seem to come at another cost (You need a mac for logic, A windows PC for FLstudio, and WHOLE lot of extra time for Reaper - but I believe that to be the only real exception here). This is the first thing that really goes to toe to toe with Live, and it's cheaper. I get this impression that people have this consumer's sense of entitlement, where the only way to 'compete' is to come in, and offer something with twice as many features for half price. Typical attitude. It's the same in the game industry, and it's not sustainable.
I think it's totally valid to compare it to Live Suite (or at least Live standard with a few purchased instruments), and in that regard, it's a pretty great price.
I use Ableton to make a living, and I'm definitely not rich, so I'm pretty serious about changing things up. But, I'm really excited to check this out. I'd be irresponsible not to check out a new codebase and evolution of the paradigm that I use. Being ignorant to that is how you become one of those cruddy old pro tools/'insert DAW created at the dawn of time here' users.
If it's good, and I can get quick with it fast, then it's time to start using it in parallel to live and start archiving my Live projects.
Fun times.
now look.

we've tried to explain this but none of it matters. so let me help njh here and pick a random tangent from your post to go off on...

"Hobbyist" do you realize while you're practicing your hobby that the ice caps are receding? WTF is wrong with you people?
Last edited by H20nly on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:15 pm

H20nly wrote:
njh wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:So is the politics ban only valid in the Lounge then?!
How about we continue with the Huxley/Orwell global warming discussion here? This seems to be a free for all opinions thread :mrgreen:

Edit: I see myrnova is back ,-)
Great investigating.
Im Myrnova like you are Sherlock Holmes*.

*thats me saying sarcastically im not myrnova and your not as witty as sherlock holmes.
says the guy who thinks people with no running water and fly infestations are worried about the cost of a German engineered EDM producing bit of software.
Yes cause that's what I said isn't it? Or is it that your so immature you come back with mindless childish shit like this.
Do you really think you gain credibility by distorting what some one says?
I know your hero politicians distort shit all the time but most people can see through it and know its bullshit.
You dont win and argument or even get your point across by completely missing the fucking point.

If you want to start the name calling and the petty shit we can do that you paint huffing redneck.
I know you mentioned that you have kids (why is there no law against this!) but please sterilize yourself now.
You probably think that the only way to sterilize your self would be to repeatedly beat yourself in the balls with a bat (and going by your family tradition you would be right) but its much easier now. You can go to the doctor and have a simple procedure done.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 pm

thanks for misquoting me in your very first reply to me and then teaching me about the ways of the world. i completely agree with you. Bitwig is too expensive and i won't buy it.

XOXO

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:22 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:Bottom line is, the people Bitwig Studio is being targeted at, are people that can afford €300.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people in the world who cannot afford this and I'm sure the good folks at Bitwig are sympathetic to their plight, but they are not the target market.
No thats not the bottom line and you missed my point.

Bitwig is targeting people who historically are poor. They are marketing this to musicians and bedroom producers.
How many rock stars are there that you know of who started out rich?
Lately how many new edm stars have been outed as using cracked software? Why do you think they used cracked software.. because they could not afford the software because they were poor musicians.

Right now there is only a couple of daws that are NOT targeted towards musicians. Those daws are marketed for mastering houses.
Can you even name one full featured daw that doesn't tell a musician how easy it is to hook their guitar or keyboard to tier software? They wouldn't bother telling a musician how easy it is if they did not want them to buy it.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:22 pm

njh wrote:
H20nly wrote:
njh wrote: Great investigating.
Im Myrnova like you are Sherlock Holmes*.

*thats me saying sarcastically im not myrnova and your not as witty as sherlock holmes.
says the guy who thinks people with no running water and fly infestations are worried about the cost of a German engineered EDM producing bit of software.
Yes cause that's what I said isn't it? Or is it that your so immature you come back with mindless childish shit like this.
Do you really think you gain credibility by distorting what some one says?
I know your hero politicians distort shit all the time but most people can see through it and know its bullshit.
You dont win and argument or even get your point across by completely missing the fucking point.

If you want to start the name calling and the petty shit we can do that you paint huffing redneck.
I know you mentioned that you have kids (why is there no law against this!) but please sterilize yourself now.
You probably think that the only way to sterilize your self would be to repeatedly beat yourself in the balls with a bat (and going by your family tradition you would be right) but its much easier now. You can go to the doctor and have a simple procedure done.
Sorry you are right, even myrnova had more class than that!

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:24 pm

You are out of your fucking mind. You want to act like you came in here and said "bitwig is too expensive" and a bunch of people started freaking out and insulting you. This is what you started with:

njh wrote:
eyeknow wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:400usd sounds cheap to me, but maybe i'm just accustomed to everything for electronic music being expensive.

i'll probably just buy the thing to fuck around with it at that price.
Did I tell you about my new "charity?" If you donate 400 bucks (since that isn't much money) I'll give you a free toaster oven. Believe me, the money will go to a VERY good cause.
He is obviously trying to brag that he has enough money where $400 for a piece of music software that he never has used and that is redundant (if you own live) is "cheap"

Bravo leisuremuffin, you have enough money and (let us know you have enough) to where you are excepted in society. You are not like the trashy people who should be beaten because they can not afford or justify paying $400 for software they never have used.

How old are you leisuremuffin? Im guessing you are old enough to be a baby boomer or a late gen x'er because both generations are full of greedy immature narcissist who are always looking for a complement and love to gloat about their finances. Do you look in the mirror and congratulate yourself on how great you are?

That. That is a totally uncalled for personal attack based on two fucking sentences that i wrote. I'm not rich, man. I barely have shit outside of my music gear that has taken me DECADES to amass. I have struggled for years to just barely make it and i'm still fucking struggling. But I do have 400$ to spend on the fucking reason that i've been struggling. I'm sorry if that fucking bothers you. But you need to get some perspective and back the fuck up a little bit. You aren't the victim here, you're the one stirring the fucking pot.

And how fucking old are you? As far as i know, you're about my age, which is to say mid 30s, how the fuck are you an adult and still acting like this?
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:25 pm

H20nly wrote:
rtcardinal wrote:Of course, cheaper is always nicer. Personally, I think the price is completely reasonable. It's middle of the road for a cross platform, feature rich DAW. It wasn't long ago that this stuff $800-1500, despite wether the fact that you were a hobbyist or not. If you know what you're doing, you could spend the $400 on this and make a living with it. Plain and simple, it's a powerful tool for the price.
I'm really not sure what people were expecting. Cheaper price points seem to come at another cost (You need a mac for logic, A windows PC for FLstudio, and WHOLE lot of extra time for Reaper - but I believe that to be the only real exception here). This is the first thing that really goes to toe to toe with Live, and it's cheaper. I get this impression that people have this consumer's sense of entitlement, where the only way to 'compete' is to come in, and offer something with twice as many features for half price. Typical attitude. It's the same in the game industry, and it's not sustainable.
I think it's totally valid to compare it to Live Suite (or at least Live standard with a few purchased instruments), and in that regard, it's a pretty great price.
I use Ableton to make a living, and I'm definitely not rich, so I'm pretty serious about changing things up. But, I'm really excited to check this out. I'd be irresponsible not to check out a new codebase and evolution of the paradigm that I use. Being ignorant to that is how you become one of those cruddy old pro tools/'insert DAW created at the dawn of time here' users.
If it's good, and I can get quick with it fast, then it's time to start using it in parallel to live and start archiving my Live projects.
Fun times.
now look.

we've tried to explain this but none of it matters. so let me help njh here and pick a random tangent from your post to go off on...

"Hobbyist" do you realize while you're practicing your hobby that the ice caps are receding? WTF is wrong with you people?
You just poured on the stupid so thick that any humor that was in that post drowned.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:26 pm

All the distortion is coming from you man, deal with it.

I'll give you a minute to explode.
ImageImage

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:30 pm

njh wrote:
puzzlefactory wrote:Bottom line is, the people Bitwig Studio is being targeted at, are people that can afford €300.

Bitwig is targeting people who historically are poor. They are marketing this to musicians and bedroom producers.
Lately how many new edm stars have been outed as using cracked software? Why do you think they used cracked software.. because they could not afford the software because they were poor musicians.

Right now there is only a couple of daws that are NOT targeted towards musicians. Those daws are marketed for mastering houses.
Can you even name one full featured daw that doesn't tell a musician how easy it is to hook their guitar or keyboard to tier software? They wouldn't bother telling a musician how easy it is if they did not want them to buy it.

I'm sorry, but who exactly are these poverty stricken computer musicians you've taken it upon yourself to represent? People apparently too poor to save up €300 but whose primary concern in life is to make dance music on thier laptop?

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:34 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:

That. That is a totally uncalled for personal attack based on two fucking sentences that i wrote. I'm not rich, man. I barely have shit outside of my music gear that has taken me DECADES to amass. I have struggled for years to just barely make it and i'm still fucking struggling. But I do have 400$ to spend on the fucking reason that i've been struggling. I'm sorry if that fucking bothers you. But you need to get some perspective and back the fuck up a little bit. You aren't the victim here, you're the one stirring the fucking pot.

And how fucking old are you? As far as i know, you're about my age, which is to say mid 30s, how the fuck are you an adult and still acting like this?
Still acting like what? Calling adult men out for thinking like a priss?

Yes its an attack and I already told you why.
You claim that 400 is a decent price for something you never have used which insinuates that you dont know the worth of money and you want everyone else to think that you have so much money that you are willing to throw 400 on some shit you know nothing about. Also you claim $400 is decent price... for who? For everyone in the world who would like to make music or just for people who walk around with Louis Vuitton handbags.

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 pm

shadx312 wrote:All the distortion is coming from you man, deal with it.

I'll give you a minute to explode.
You dont have to respond to me now do you?
I also see you do this shit all the time.
You dont like what some one has to say but you still chime in every now and then just to keep it going. If you dont like what I have to say dont say anything to me.

rtcardinal

Post by rtcardinal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 pm

njh wrote:
H20nly wrote:
Fun times.
now look.

You just poured on the stupid so thick that any humor that was in that post drowned.
*Impromtu Keanu Reeves* "whoa" hahahaha

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Nathan I'm not making fun of you. You have done this periodically throughout the years on this forum and it just seems like it could be med related. I hope it's something you can take care of.

Bottom line is that no one else here is losing their shit like you.
Unsound Designer

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:42 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:
njh wrote:

I'm sorry, but who exactly are these poverty stricken computer musicians you've taken it upon yourself to represent? People apparently too poor to save up €300 but whose primary concern in life is to make dance music on thier laptop?
Do you know anything about the world? Do you not know that people of latin America have computers? Did it not occur to you that people of latin America also like to make music? DO you think most of them are buying software.. Fuck no thier not because they cant afford it. $400 is not reasonable to them at all.
But its not just people in latin America here in America where I live outside of Detroit also cant afford $400.00 for software. Here people are students or working and saving their money to get the fuck out. They do make enough money to buy shit they want but the average musician here is not going to waste $400.00 on software when there computer is only worth that much.