Beyond saving preset racks - internal VST preset navigation

Discuss Push with other users.
stevemac

Beyond saving preset racks - internal VST preset navigation

Post by stevemac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:57 am

Hi guys,

Quick question – I know you can map external VSTs and their presets by saving each sound as a rack in the user library, but is there a way to browse presets without having to load the instrument each time?

Specifically, Sylenth, can I somehow map the internal preset navigation rather than having to loads Sylenth each time?

I’m guessing that Push will only display the names of each preset saved as a rack rather than being able to ‘go into’ the VST and read/navigate it’s own preset bank?

Cheers guys

thegoodsirjames

Re: Beyond saving preset racks - internal VST preset navigation

Post by thegoodsirjames » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:11 am

Yeah I think your guess is right. I was grappling with the same problem and the only solution I've found is to save each preset onto a rack (which I started then got bored of) or get them from someone who's already made them (I started with Queglay's audiomodder then got some more elsewhere). I paid a small amount for these but it saved me a lot of time that I didn't want to spend and now I have everything on Push so I'm happy :)

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm

thegoodsirjames wrote:Yeah I think your guess is right. I was grappling with the same problem and the only solution I've found is to save each preset onto a rack (which I started then got bored of) or get them from someone who's already made them (I started with Queglay's audiomodder then got some more elsewhere). I paid a small amount for these but it saved me a lot of time that I didn't want to spend and now I have everything on Push so I'm happy :)
These are for Native Instruments Komplete 9, right? I suppose I need a way to do it for any instrument rather than a product specific tool.

Looks like I can't, oh well, not the end of the world I suppose!

:)

login

Post by login » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:52 pm

I came to a solution to this problem, it's not simple but it works without loading the vst each time. Obviously not alll vst's can "browse" their own presets the same way, but some can and for those this works to some extent, hoe it's useffull to you.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=196730

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:03 pm

I don't think you can do it with just the standard live plugins and scripts but for some plugins I think there is a solution (not sure if it's ideal). So obviously make a mapping that suites your for a plugin and save just one group preset so you have the mapping.

Most plugins can receive program change and bank change messages. I think using PXT Live (maybe you need Plus?) you can send bank and program change messages. While it wont display the preset name or bank name on the push controller you'd be able to flip through presets at least. This is an observation and I have not looked into the details.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

thegoodsirjames

Post by thegoodsirjames » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Yeah Stevemac that's right. I haven't found a better way of getting the Vsts quickly available in Push so altogether I've spent about 30 dollars to have all of Komplete 9, Sylenth, Arturia Mini V and Modular V, and Omnisphere ready to browse, courtesy of Queglay, Mabelton and Jester Mgee. The vast majority went to Queglay which is fitting, as his work saved me the most hours of faffing about. It's something I could have done myself but after trying for a while I couldn't be bothered. I hope in the near future though, Vsts will come 'Push ready' - for one thing their makers (or Ableton) could offer racks with them, or perhaps Push could include a script like the one login refers to.

Oliver Alex

Post by Oliver Alex » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:17 am

thegoodsirjames wrote:Yeah Stevemac that's right. I haven't found a better way of getting the Vsts quickly available in Push so altogether I've spent about 30 dollars to have all of Komplete 9, Sylenth, Arturia Mini V and Modular V, and Omnisphere ready to browse, courtesy of Queglay, Mabelton and Jester Mgee. The vast majority went to Queglay which is fitting, as his work saved me the most hours of faffing about. It's something I could have done myself but after trying for a while I couldn't be bothered. I hope in the near future though, Vsts will come 'Push ready' - for one thing their makers (or Ableton) could offer racks with them, or perhaps Push could include a script like the one login refers to.
Were the arturia ones available somewhere or was it custom made for you? I'm looking for them as well

thegoodsirjames

Post by thegoodsirjames » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:13 am

Hey Oliver, I got the Arturia ones from http://mabelton.myshopify.com/

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Make sure to keep an eye on this thread. viewtopic.php?f=55&t=200288

A few users have been making lots of Push ready presets for various vst/au instruments and FX and more are added every so often. There may be something there that could be useful.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /