Bitwig 1.0

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
njh

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by njh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:00 am

HOW DARE THEY!

fuck this thread.

Ehhhhh Im going to have to change user names since I told all you shit heads off with this one.

and since you morons missed the point by a mile.

HOW DARE THEY

go fuck yourself angstrom.
:wink:

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:21 am

I'll get right on it

It is the weekend after all

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:25 am

eyeknow wrote:This is what I have

It works well for me personally. I think I paid 599 for it.
that's a beauty right there, very nice. exactly what i'd like to own.

as for your little comment nathannn... i don't need to justify myself to you but i will just to illustrate how out of line you are...

i have 1 kid. a son. i raise him alone. as a single parent. i get not one cent of child support from his mother. no weekends off or trading custody. all me.

so fuck you. you don't know me. keep my son out of your keystrokes.

njh

Post by njh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:55 am

H20nly wrote: as for your little comment nathannn
its deleted.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:01 am

I tried, sometimes it does nothing I suppose... But, you won't know unless you try. :|
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:05 am

Angstrom wrote:I'll get right on it

:lol:

PS, can't we please have a mute/ignore function....it just makes things easier.

njh

Post by njh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:06 am

eyeknow wrote:
Angstrom wrote:I'll get right on it

:lol:

PS, can't we please have a mute/ignore function....it just makes things easier.
lol your jokes are fun
lets be friends on facebook and rub vaginas... in rl.

njh

Post by njh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:06 am

tee hee

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:08 am

H20nly wrote:
eyeknow wrote:This is what I have

It works well for me personally. I think I paid 599 for it.
that's a beauty right there, very nice. exactly what i'd like to own.

Like I said, I've been very happy with it. Fretmarkers are a must for me personally (I don't have the ear anymore for playing without a guide)

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:17 am

That's a beautiful bass,

I used to own a very nice second hand Ibanez in my student days... it's actually one of the few things I had to scrimp on food money for a few months to be able to afford.

Then my money actually ran out a few years later, and I decided to sell the thing. What a stupid decision :roll:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:33 am

sorry to hear that.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:32 am

yeah me too.

glad you made it through Finn, even if the Ibanez didn't.

we all have our rough patches.

thank you nathannn. i'll speak no more of it.

@ eyeknow... i'm right there with you on the fret markers. i wouldn't dare be so bold as to think i could manage without them. it's the clean sound that makes me want to go without... much more forgiving than fret rattle. still, i know a good bass is a lot less prone to the buzzing. it's just hard to justify the expense. i started playing when i was about 14... that was over 20 years ago. if i'd have stayed at it consistently since then... i wouldn't need those markers but life has a way of changing and i have a way of getting sidetracked. i won't deny that.

i'm with Angstrom on the semiacoustic models though... those are sexy if a bass can be... i always liked that Hofner that Paul McCartney played. I fell in love the moment i first saw it.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:00 am

I play with action so low there is some buzzing no matter what. I don't "practice" anymore so I'm not proficient but I use the technique training I once had. BTW, you can get a bass to get the action really low if you have the frets leveled. Any competent tech can do this.

What I like about the fretless is the freedom. Again, I'm not proficient but being able to "slide" to and from notes and use the sideways vibrato, it sounds pretty cool. I've got it in my hands now. This thread has made me want to play a little more. Thank you for that, it's easy to just have things put away in their case and be lazy about taking out for a spin :)

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:16 am

H20nly wrote:glad you made it through Finn, even if the Ibanez didn't.
The Ibanez did make it, in a way. I sold it to the Cape Town Jazz Workshop, an awesome organization that provides hundreds of people with musical tuition every year.

So I know it is being played a lot more than it would have been if it had stayed with me, and is giving loads of people pleasure and instruction!

Yikes, this talk is making me want to play a bass again. 8)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:22 am

what makes you play with it low like that?

i honestly don't even fully grasp all those aspects. the town i grew up in was close to Mexico and limited on certain resources... I was just glad to have a bass, an amp and a tuner as a kid. the guys i jammed with said i had good count... the drummer would follow me... i never put much thought in it... i was too concerned with not messing up.
i learned in the cover tune frame of mind where i always thought how good you are was based on how many songs you knew and/or how complex they were. i never considered myself very good because i'd make mistakes or couldn't play this or that song...
later I got caught up in high school drama, girls and partying and such and put the bass down because i was over the Motley Crue, Guns N Roses and Black Sabbath type shit that I knew how to play while striving for Cliff Burton Metallica chops etc. My music tastes shifted to stuff that I either couldn't play, didn't have playable riffs (A Tribe Called Quest, Method Man) or was way past my skill (Rage Against the Machine). So i would always pick at a bass or sometimes pick at mine but never more... Still, always trying to play or remember how to play someone else's song. I even play a guitar likes it's a bass...
Some years went by with no playing at all and finally my mom gave me an old one... she had picked it up. Since then I've just noodled and started writing my own song... so to speak... never could remember anything and never took formal classes so all would be lost once I set the instrument down.
I finally got Cubase and started recording... looping and slicing and dicing has been what's got me back in to it... I have chops in me (or so I've been told) but not the consistency. Being able to noodle and try to get something right and then finally splice it all together has been whats given me new found inspiration.
I wish I would have learned proper... and put in the practice time all these years. :oops:

i love it though.

anyway... sorry for the long diatribe. this threads properly derail so what the hell... at least were talking about making music.
Happy whats left of Friday from California.
cheers!

oh and eyeknow the question at the beginning of my spew was the reason for it... I was trying to explain why I just went at it rather than ever learning the science of it. the bridge always scared me... :P