a couple of Qs before I possibly buy push

Discuss Push with other users.
störgeräusche

a couple of Qs before I possibly buy push

Post by störgeräusche » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:35 pm

I am trying a push from a friend, just to have a deep look at it before i possibly buy it.

a question:

where do you copy your own samples, in order to have them browsable from push?

say I want to swap a kick on a drum rack cell. I press the cell and browse, I would like to have my own drum samples under "drum hit" category of push browser. is there a way?
I would like to keep my folder structure
_kicks
_clap&snares
_hihats
_percs
so that the folder with my own samples are always on the top (hence the underscore). Am I missing a way to tag my samples so that they are in upper folder structure and not in "places"??

I like the fact that, despite being a live user since v 2.1 I feel like a total newcomer after three days with push (which I will have to give back in the next days)

any help?
thanks!
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

login

Re: a couple of Qs before I possibly buy push

Post by login » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:47 am

You have to follow live own folder structure to make this possible, and rename yiur files so they appear first and dont mixup with live content.

Or you can also always move to the user folders.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:22 pm

If you have a sample library already organized outside of Push and Ableton that have their own folder structure it's easier to either copy that folder structure and all the files inside to the Ableton User Library location or point to the location where they already are from the Ableton preferences. There will be a spot that says "location of user library". Change it to the folders that contain your samples.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:59 am

thanks, I will try. I just want to be able to browse my own samples when, for example, I swap samples in drum racks.
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A