nanoKontrol /w user script - pick up / val scaling mode

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
micadoe

nanoKontrol /w user script - pick up / val scaling mode

Post by micadoe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Hey guys,

i use my old korg nanokontrol a lot and just came to this simple problem, i cannot solve (search wouldnt answer my question, either..)

a while ago i, downloaded the user script for the nanokontrol from Korg's website, making it possible, to choose from he control surface list in 'midi settings'. normally all devices assigned there should work in one of these modes: none, pickup, value scaling (to choose below the cs list).

whether i choose pickup or value scaling, the function works well at first sight: e.g. i switch slider1, change the 'scene' on nanoktrl to '2', change my next parameter and it would work, BUT only as long as i am switching from 'scene 1 - 4', once i am back at scene '1' the value would just jump to the current slider position and not work as supposed.

when i return to the 'midi settings' and for example switch 'remote' for nanokontrol on and off and on again, it would work again...

sigh... any ideas or the same experiences?
comments are much appreciated! thanks:)
tobias

micadoe

Re: nanoKontrol /w user script - pick up / val scaling mode

Post by micadoe » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:05 pm

..or was this problem eventually never solved?
i hoped, i just didnt find the solution...

no one here, who uses this nanoKontrol anymore?

--

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:31 am

Having a hard time understanding your issue. Maybe some screen shots?

I have a nano kontrol but rarely use it and I only MIDI map some functions when I want spcific control of devices. I don't use a script or anything for the nano.

For me it appears to work no problem but I can't confirm it in the same way you have. If I use "valu scale" it certainly does scale to catch up to the slider position (instead of just jump as in pickup mode) so it should work but perhaps the script is interfering with your setup?

That is why I love controllers like the MCU and the Push because the device sets itself to live not the other way round.

micadoe

Post by micadoe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:19 pm

hey.

thanks for your reply and sorry for the confusing text then.

well, either way, if i assign it with a script or not, value-scaling and pickup mode would only function as long as i dont change the scenes. once i circle through all four scenes, the mode seems to be disabled again and the values jump to the controllers position again.

there are some threads here about that problem, but i couldnt find a solution... probably most of the people just got off with some newer devices:)

i also own push which definitely doesnt know these problems, and normally i use the nano as kind of 'hard-coded' controller, with fixed mappings for sends and fx. only this time, i need to change scenes for a concert situation, because my setup became very complex....

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:58 pm

Ah, that makes more sense. Might have to check that. I only use 1 scene.