Music tuned to 432Hz wtf!?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
irrelevance

Music tuned to 432Hz wtf!?

Post by irrelevance » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 pm

I recently received an email from a internet label which has a good consistent output of music and that I respect a great deal. I wont mention names as i'm not trying to bash them, their opinion/beliefs. The email stated that a new artist release was tuned to 432Hz. I had not heard of this particular tuning (no name for the actual tuning was given) so I did a quick google search and found:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=432H ... kgWI-IG4BQ

The website with the highest hits:

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... -to-432hz/

I have read a bit on water memory in the past and of course I'm all too aware of how music deeply affects me emotionally but why one particular tuning system over any other should be considered spiritually more benificial is beyond me. I'm sure some experimentation would yield some interesting results but the cinic in me is screaming "Spiritual Marketing Hype!" you know the kind that gets sold on the self help shelves next to the womens weeklies kind of stuff. Now I could be accused of being more than a little hippy dippy/psuedoscientific in my opinions at times but really...A440 = evil while A432 = devine...come on!?

Angstrom

Re: Music tuned to 432Hz wtf!?

Post by Angstrom » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:03 am

Its wafty bollocks for credulous stoners. Hillariously they all point to article written by a series of nonsense generators including "a scottish composer" . Proof indeed!

But what happens when a DJ uses the pitch control ? they made my angelic 432hz music into devilish 467hz when they beatmatched it! Bastards!

I find it amazing, they'll talk about the existence of cymatics as if that proves anything related to their ideas. Just because they look "amaaaayziing maaan". Like saying "sonograms exist, therefore Dminor is magic, and Cmajor is evil" . Never-mind that any of the purported tuning history they tout, (about nazis etc) is provably false, well, it keeps credulous white stoned people believing they are magical faries.

Here's a real extract
Many ancient sites reflect the number 432 in their alignment to stars and planets and the earths path through space. Avebury and Stonehenge for example, yield the numbers 432.
The connection of Stonehenge to the 25,920 year orbital procession of the equinox and the number 432 is obvious. If you take the first 30 stones in the outer ring of 360 degrees, divide that by 30 which gives you 12, and then divide 25,920 by 12 you get 2,160. which is the approximate diameter of the moon.
When you divide the 60 stones in the second circle of 360 degrees by 60 you get 6. 25,920 divided by 6 equals 4,320. By dividing the 20 stones in the centre circle of 360 degrees by 20 you get 18. 25,920 divided by 18 is 1,440.
If the second circle of 60 stones equals 25,920 years then each stone equals 432 years around the 12 sectors of the 25,920 year procession.
The center circle stones would be 20 x 432 which equals 8,640 years The center stone in the center circle would be divided in half at the time of the equinox making two stones for a total of 20. 1,440 is one sixth of 8,640.
Again in the numbers of mathematic pitch we see the numbers 144, 216, 432, 864. The earths wobble or spiral action gives us our time count of 86,400 seconds in a day and 43,200 seconds in 12 hours. 12 x 60 equals 720, and
2 x 360 equals 720. I must also mention that it takes 72 years for the earth to travel one degree around the 25,920 year procession of the equinox. Many stone circles have shown that these precise numbers also foretell of the changing of the poles and their past positions according to balanced alignment.
Proof indeed!

I'm gonna delete all my music, and demand that every DJ increases their pitch by 0.01% for the sale of my chakras. My spirit guide demands it.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:20 am

in 12 minutes it will be 4:32 in California... this is even more proof!! since 12 x 60 = 720
Last edited by H20nly on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 am

Angstrom wrote:"sonograms exist, therefore Dminor is magic, and Cmajor is evil"
That's gold right there.

:lol:
Unsound Designer

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:37 am

Angstrom wrote:Its wafty bollocks for credulous stoners. Hillariously they all point to article written by a series of nonsense generators including "a scottish composer" . Proof indeed!

But what happens when a DJ uses the pitch control ? they made my angelic 432hz music into devilish 467hz when they beatmatched it! Bastards!

I find it amazing, they'll talk about the existence of cymatics as if that proves anything related to their ideas. Just because they look "amaaaayziing maaan". Like saying "sonograms exist, therefore Dminor is magic, and Cmajor is evil" . Never-mind that any of the purported tuning history they tout, (about nazis etc) is provably false, well, it keeps credulous white stoned people believing they are magical faries.

Here's a real extract
Many ancient sites reflect the number 432 in their alignment to stars and planets and the earths path through space. Avebury and Stonehenge for example, yield the numbers 432.
The connection of Stonehenge to the 25,920 year orbital procession of the equinox and the number 432 is obvious. If you take the first 30 stones in the outer ring of 360 degrees, divide that by 30 which gives you 12, and then divide 25,920 by 12 you get 2,160. which is the approximate diameter of the moon.
When you divide the 60 stones in the second circle of 360 degrees by 60 you get 6. 25,920 divided by 6 equals 4,320. By dividing the 20 stones in the centre circle of 360 degrees by 20 you get 18. 25,920 divided by 18 is 1,440.
If the second circle of 60 stones equals 25,920 years then each stone equals 432 years around the 12 sectors of the 25,920 year procession.
The center circle stones would be 20 x 432 which equals 8,640 years The center stone in the center circle would be divided in half at the time of the equinox making two stones for a total of 20. 1,440 is one sixth of 8,640.
Again in the numbers of mathematic pitch we see the numbers 144, 216, 432, 864. The earths wobble or spiral action gives us our time count of 86,400 seconds in a day and 43,200 seconds in 12 hours. 12 x 60 equals 720, and
2 x 360 equals 720. I must also mention that it takes 72 years for the earth to travel one degree around the 25,920 year procession of the equinox. Many stone circles have shown that these precise numbers also foretell of the changing of the poles and their past positions according to balanced alignment.
Wow 8O
What an amazing amount of bullshit!
They don't even realize that all our units are made up.
A second is a second because we said so (and later settled on it). The amount of seconds in a year is variable if you would really take the natural cycle of the earth around the sun depending on the place on earth you live. That's not even considering that it is imprecise. That's why we had to introduce leap years.

And why would the diameter of the moon have anything to do with what stars we see on the night sky (the equinox thing)?! The moon came about, because the young earth slammed into something huge, and a big chunk of it was shot into orbit, becoming the moon. There is no causal relation to the equinox...!
:roll:
This rationalization in numbers reminds me of the (awesome) movie Pi.

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:41 am

TomViolenz wrote: This rationalization in numbers reminds me of the (awesome) movie Pi.
Awesome movie indeed! In the end he realises it just doesn't matter at all.
Same goes for music imo. People need to make good music, instead of getting bogged down in technical details as an excuse for not being able to make good music.

Fluffy so-called 'spiritual' crap tuned to 432 Hz will only aggrevate me. So how's that in any way in tune with DA UNIVERZZZEEEEE?!?!?!
While we're at it, let's bury our crystals prior to New Moon and let Gaia clean them for the next Moon cycle of 28 days while constantly screaming 'AUM' from the top of our lungs…..

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 am

33tetragammon wrote:
TomViolenz wrote: This rationalization in numbers reminds me of the (awesome) movie Pi.
Same goes for music imo. People need to make good music, instead of getting bogged down in technical details as an excuse for not being able to make good music.

Fluffy so-called 'spiritual' crap tuned to 432 Hz will only aggrevate me. So how's that in any way in tune with DA UNIVERZZZEEEEE?!?!?!
While we're at it, let's bury our crystals prior to New Moon and let Gaia clean them for the next Moon cycle of 28 days while constantly screaming 'AUM' from the top of our lungs…..
What's worse is that this is not just insignificant, it's total hogwash! :x

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:20 am

TomViolenz wrote:
33tetragammon wrote:

What's worse is that this is not just insignificant, it's total hogwash! :x
Yeah, exactly! People need to QUESTION instead of FOLLOWING! FOLLOW THE QUESTIONS!

Question 1: If death-metal is tuned to 432 Hz, will my plants grow TOWARDS the speakers or will they still die?

Answer 1: 432 HURTZZZ!!!!!!

Question 2a: how does 432 Hz sound on Genelec compared to Focal compared to ADAM etc etc?
Question 2b: Same as Question 2a, but now in an acoustically treated space vs non-treated.

Fuck it, i'm steering well clear of this bullshit and go make music. See y'all later!
Last edited by 33tetragammon on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:33 am

Screw you, guys - they had me at "many ancient sites". :x

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:12 pm

A lot of it distorts history quite significantly, so difficult to take seriously.

The huge interest in it is a more recent thing, tuning standards prior to the 440Hz were all over the place (And still are). Could just as easily create a conspiracy that we should all tune to 439Hz and justify it though the historical significance of prime numbers.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm going to convert all my music to 432 because this makes middle C 256hz, and everybody knows that computers love numbers like 256, and 512!

You see 512hz is C one octave above middle C, which proves it. If you keep dividing you get 2, the sacred number of the ancients, known as Dau/Dwy in the ancient lost language of the Welsh, and Zwei in German, the language of the machine elves.

If you keep dividing you get "one hz". 1hz is the resonating frequency of both Nebiru the mystical imaginary robot planet predicted by Stonehenge and Alton Towers, and is emitted by my central heating boiler, which needs replacing.

So: Tune your songs to C= 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512, and1024 hz

This is the natural order of the machines, and we should be in tune with the needs of their binary requirements. Exponential base two exists in many places, which is proof. Also you will notice that all plugins are secretly written in binary, but we are not meant to know this!!! Because Emperor Constantine decreed that we count in base ten, but the natural order of machines is base two. Who do you want to be with? Tune your music to powers of two. Join the machines today!

Tl;dr

A=432hz is the tuning of SkyNet

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 pm

What is also amusing is how humanity is still developing more modern devices for keeping accurate time. So there may be fluctuations in our perception of a second. Especially depending on what speed we are going in relationship to one another.

Ideally a string quartet, tuned at a lower frequency should be propped up in helicopters and cycling around you at a specific rate so that the pitches meld together in your ears by the time the air molecules afflict their pressure on your ears. Try not to let the helicopter sound intrude on the sonic bliss.

Measurements can get more and more funny as you add and subtract multitudes. Say 432 for one second, if you do 864 for Two seconds, you could be slightly more accurate by division! Well, two is a bad example. Because there is still a large margin for error.

I think the best method would be to dig a spiritual galactic tuning stick out of the ether and tune in comparison to that. Am I supposed to tune precisely To it, or tune in harmony to it? Like by a fifth or something? Tune til I make it glow?

After I've struggled to put so much effort into the perfect tuning, would I be pissing all over my efforts by using equal tempered notes? By using anything chromatic? Would chromaticism just be flat out stupidity???

Perhaps that tuning is supposed to represent merely one specific note only. Of a magical scale. With no absolute octaves. : O and now we must collect all the other timings to accumulate all the other notes hidden in the universe to create the grandest most natural and appealing music for ourselves. Until it is too far exploited and becomes nauseating. Then we think to ourselves. Remember 440hz? Remember equal temperament? You can make some nice shit with that.

Although, maybe 432 IS the real deal. Kind of like how there are so many different brands of 'building blocks' like LEGO, MegaBlocks and others which for some strange reason can all fit together based on the stud and block measurements. !!

The future is in tuning systems that variate over time in each musical piece. "Holy shit! They went from 432, to 428, to 440!!!! And then back to 432!! It speaks so much to me!!!!"

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Angstrom wrote:I'm going to convert all my music to 432 because this makes middle C 256hz, and everybody knows that computers love numbers like 256, and 512!

You see 512hz is C one octave above middle C, which proves it. If you keep dividing you get 2, the sacred number of the ancients, known as Dau/Dwy in the ancient lost language of the Welsh, and Zwei in German, the language of the machine elves.

If you keep dividing you get "one hz". 1hz is the resonating frequency of both Nebiru the mystical imaginary robot planet predicted by Stonehenge and Alton Towers, and is emitted by my central heating boiler, which needs replacing.

So: Tune your songs to C= 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512, and1024 hz

This is the natural order of the machines, and we should be in tune with the needs of their binary requirements. Exponential base two exists in many places, which is proof. Also you will notice that all plugins are secretly written in binary, but we are not meant to know this!!! Because Emperor Constantine decreed that we count in base ten, but the natural order of machines is base two. Who do you want to be with? Tune your music to powers of two. Join the machines today!

Tl;dr

A=432hz is the tuning of SkyNet
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The big question is:

WILL BITWIG SUPPORT IT?

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:19 am

Armed with the true knowledge of number systems and measure passed on from wise sage forum members I attempted a communication with the original email sender of the aformentioned sacred netlabel. I was ready to share this secret doctrine passed on to me in faith from those more holy than I. With my exegesis complete I hit send only to be confronted with my greatest fear!

"Non delivery notification, the mail address you are attempting to contact does not exist"

8O

THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED
THE EMPIRE NEVER ENDED