controlling multiple instances of macro drum racks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
emmett13

controlling multiple instances of macro drum racks

Post by emmett13 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:17 pm

hello,

maybe this is a newbie question, but i'm trying to work with my Akai LPD8 to control multiple drum racks, set up as macro drum racks with Sampler instruments set up on each pad ("The Last Drumrack You'll Ever Need...") with the ability to control them separately. i think it's just a mapping issue, but i want to be able to set them up so that if i say, have an instance of drum rack on Track1, and program just kick into it, i can have another instance on track 2 and have snare on it, and disable the macro controls for track1, only because if i accidentally turn my first knob which i've MIDI-mapped to Macro1 (used as kick selector for pad1), it totally changes my kick sound, and i want to freeze that sound (at least temporarily). as in, it would be great if arming the track made the controls available, but un/dis-arming the track makes them untweakable. plus, i'd love to be able to free up those knobs to do other functions. do i just need to create separate program banks on the LPD8 for this?

thanks in advance for any help.

best,
emmett

dr.mysterium

Re: controlling multiple instances of macro drum racks

Post by dr.mysterium » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Maybe this link can help.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200085
I am Dr. M. Solo artist, member of 86BiTz, host of the Perfect Glitch Show, & the Live Jam Video Stream. Music on Soundcloud and BandCamp. Jam Archive on Patreon•••• I master audio & produce video of all of the above as Tremendm Labs on YouTube.