Push owners: has Push replaced the keyboard?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tedlogan

Re: Push owners: has Push replaced the keyboard?

Post by tedlogan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

sporkles wrote:Well... Golly-gee! I went back to the shop today and picked one up; so far, I'm having PURE fun with this thing. It's fantastic! :D
Haha good man. I too thought I wanted one but didn't NEED one, as I already had a midi keyboard, APC40 and a Vestax Pad 1 mainly for drums.

It is a fantastic controller and has totally replaced the above mentioned devices. While it still remains true that I do not in fact NEED one (all you need is a mouse and keyboard), I do cherish Push and don't ever wanna operate Live without it.

driven

Post by driven » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:41 am

I'm a horrible piano/keyboard player, but an excellent progressive rock/metal bass guitar player. Because the Push is laid out like a fretboard (in 4ths), all my 20 years of ingrained scales and chords work! I can straight up shred on the thing. Lookit me, suddenly I'm a "keyboard" player! :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:58 am

^ sweet review!

sporkles wrote:Well... Golly-gee! I went back to the shop today and picked one up; so far, I'm having PURE fun with this thing. It's fantastic! :D
Ha!

i did the same thing... mulled it over and convinced myself that i don't need one.

then my brother gave me 500 bucks for Xmas and made me promise to use it on something i want... not something i need.

enter Push stage left... :twisted:

njh

Post by njh » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:26 am

This video of two girls is the most impressive video I have seen that shows some one replacing the keyboard with Push.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-GIKx37aI

Tamar UK

Post by Tamar UK » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Push and my MPK compliment each other. Like others have said, Push is great for rhythmical melodies but I still like to use a standard keyboard for playing more traditional instrument sounds. Best of both worlds.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:26 pm

driven wrote:I'm a horrible piano/keyboard player, but an excellent progressive rock/metal bass guitar player. Because the Push is laid out like a fretboard (in 4ths), all my 20 years of ingrained scales and chords work! I can straight up shred on the thing. Lookit me, suddenly I'm a "keyboard" player! :lol:
Cool! :D

I'm pretty horrible in general, but at least I can have heaps of fun with Push. 8)