Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
floond

Re: Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Post by floond » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:
floond wrote:The Covert Operators have made a M4l device called 'Sixteen Macros' which would at least double your encoders. Using the knobs will completely screw your Undo history though. It's in their M4L collection here http://www.covops.org/ .
Have you actually tried it? You should see why it isn't a solution at all: it's not working like I want it to because you still need to push bank buttons to get to the bottom row which is my whole point, so it's not a solution for my problem.

I don't want to push those ***** bank buttons each time a select a device.
I want 16 - or even better - 32 controls on my controller available AT ONCE!
I want to configure my EQ's and synths so I can instantly use any of the 32 encoders I have available.
Oh ok, nevermind then.

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:44 pm

jpga wrote:Bigger sound. Warmer sound. Better sound. Then live should take over the market.
Isn't this more to do with your ability to program sounds than live? Or are you advocating that they send someone to your house to teach you how to produce?
Peace + Hugs

Brian

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:51 pm

As usual, there are many good suggestions here. One that always pops up, is the 'more macros' one, one that I've been bringing up myself for years now. The problem is that ever since Live 9, Live has been all about Push and Push integration. Push only has eight encoders, and extending instant mapping for other controllers might make Push look bad. I dunno.

I still contend that this doesn't have to be an either/or scenario. I think it would be a piece of cake for Ableton to allow us to define controller CC's for macros 1-8, macros 9-16, etc. and have a bank up/down option for controllers with fewer knobs.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:37 am

I want a better sound engine. Ableton sounds cold and digital. I want a warmnfuzzyizer. Image

@floond: 7. Incremental save / version files:

This would REALLY be handy. I recently did a project in studio one that required a ton of saving versions and since it has this I could simple restore a version vs having a completely different project. I was awesome. It now the only thing other than PDC and a proper audio editor that I want.

Live, you've come a long way baby!

victap8

Post by victap8 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:50 pm

1) Mouse wheel zoom
2) Not crash every 2 hours

instead of implementing and making a big deal about the push controller live could have improved on already existing features and fixed alot of bugs, really seems like ableton dont care for what people want but look for things that would boost revenue..sickening. :|

I love live and all but i gotta say im quiet excited for bitwig.

victap8

Post by victap8 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:53 pm

eyeknow wrote:I want a better sound engine. Ableton sounds cold and digital. I want a warmnfuzzyizer.
Live sounds like its supposed to sound, you have plenty of tools/effects available to make your music sound "warm and fuzzy"

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:27 pm

victap8 wrote:
eyeknow wrote:I want a better sound engine. Ableton sounds cold and digital. I want a warmnfuzzyizer.
Live sounds like its supposed to sound, you have plenty of tools/effects available to make your music sound "warm and fuzzy"
Somebody didn't get the joke :lol:

Eyeknow humor fail, it is what it is.

Dancho

Post by Dancho » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:30 pm

RETINA SUPPORT !!!

TO HAVE AN OPTION CLIPS TO BE AS IN LOGIC, CUBASE .....FULL COLOURED FOR A CLEANER LOOK.

BETTER CPU USAGE !

Russound

Post by Russound » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:58 am

Not sure if some of these tings already exist but I just haven't found, but anyway:
*Using VST plug-ins with Live's software instruments
*Ability to export multiple Midi tracks as one Midi file
*Ability to place the Detailed View window on the side instead of only bottom
*Noise removal function for individual tracks and whole project
*Ability to change the program's layout colors from just grey
*More preset instruments, obviously

If you can tell me how to get these things now id they already exist, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Quez

Post by Quez » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:49 am

*edit

I found out that what I wanted is already there (duh...yeah!)

So instead, i'm voting for automation PDC

Retina support will come one day, as Apple is slowly phasing out their normal display in their laptops...
Last edited by Quez on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:57 am

Russound wrote:Not sure if some of these tings already exist but I just haven't found, but anyway:

If you can tell me how to get these things now id they already exist, that would be greatly appreciated :)
Which Live version are you running? Intro? (i.e. a version you got with a controller?) In the full version, you can use VST's and change the interface colours.

estibi

Post by estibi » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 pm

sporkles wrote:As usual, there are many good suggestions here. One that always pops up, is the 'more macros' one, one that I've been bringing up myself for years now. The problem is that ever since Live 9, Live has been all about Push and Push integration. Push only has eight encoders, and extending instant mapping for other controllers might make Push look bad. I dunno.

I still contend that this doesn't have to be an either/or scenario. I think it would be a piece of cake for Ableton to allow us to define controller CC's for macros 1-8, macros 9-16, etc. and have a bank up/down option for controllers with fewer knobs.
Yeah! It's frustrating you still need to use mouse and keyboard in order to create a new sound in the Live's Device because you can assign only 8 knobs at a time.

Russound

Post by Russound » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:15 pm

sporkles wrote:
Russound wrote:Not sure if some of these tings already exist but I just haven't found, but anyway:

Which Live version are you running? Intro? (i.e. a version you got with a controller?) In the full version, you can use VST's and change the interface colours.
Lol yeah you're right, I just found the option to change color of the layout, still can't use Live's devices (sampler, impulse, etc.) with VST's. It might be because I'm running Intro instead of the Standard/Suite.

THA-REAPER

Post by THA-REAPER » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 am

I just want to be able to open up the parent instrument of my midi track from anywhere in the project if its routed that way...If you had a full project with various instrument plugins it can get very confusing with routings...It would be so much easier to click the wrench from any of them and the plugin opens up instead of digging for that one parent track that contains instrument...which controls a batch of your midi tracks. Most daws do this now.

Same goes for effects...maybe implement something to the far left in the device chain to let you know if audio is being sent to it from another track or send "think midi effects to the far left always first in chain" so we wont be blind to this. I realize that we have the audio to and from portion but I think it would be easier to see all at once rather than scrolling left and right.