How do I get Ableton Suite to host REBIRTH 338?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
miekwave

How do I get Ableton Suite to host REBIRTH 338?

Post by miekwave » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 pm

I downloaded and installed Rebirth-338.
Program runs as expected. I can even assign external Midi control and assign Ableton Midi channel through it with Midi Yolk.

But theres one problem. I can only get it to output on a separate sound card. Not as a Re-Wire application. Am I missing something here? Does anyone here have any success running Rebirth 338 in Ableton Live?

miekwave

Re: How do I get Ableton Suite to host REBIRTH 338?

Post by miekwave » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:24 pm

From the Manual:
"31.2 Connecting via ReWire
Live supports the ReWire interface for connecting with another ReWire-compatible audio program
running on the same computer.
The ReWire technology, developed by Propellerhead Software, provides ReWire-compatible
programs with:
•common access to the audio hardware;
•shared transport functionality;
•synchronization to audio word clock and song positioning;
•exchange of audio streams.
The programs in a ReWire connection play distinct roles: The ReWire master accesses the audio
hardware and provides mixing facilities; the ReWire slave(s) have no direct link to the audio
hardware, but instead send their audio output into the Master’s mixer.
Common ReWire master applications are Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer,
Sonar and Max/MSP. Common ReWire slave applications are Reason, Rebirth, Storm, Project 5
and Max/MSP. Live can act as both a ReWire master and slave.
Note that the ReWire protocol itself does not consume much CPU power. However, as expected,
running two audio-intensive programs on the same computer requires more resources than running
a single program."

Everything except Rebirth shows up in my inputs. How do I REWIRE rebirth into Ableton Live Suite 9?

NF

Post by NF » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:44 am

Hi,

with rebirth I'm in love again, haha.
so I figured out, that you have to search the ReWire.dll from live (on my pc 2.1 MB) and copy it into the rebirth folder- the you choose audio in on a channel strip and select "ReBirth Audio".

for all others, here is the how-to install rebirth on win- microsoft delivers the winhelper.exe for windows 8.1!

see details in the instructions by following the link

---> http://www.onetriberecords.com/rebirth.html

happy acid :D
The cool thing about techno still, comparing it to most jazz is the improvisation coupled with raw energy.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:05 pm

I did not get it work with rewire BUT
if you download http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html loopmidi freeware
you can create a virtual midiport: "loopmidi1"

In live you create a midi-channel and choose midi to : loopmidi1
In rebirth you choose: Preference -> Edit -> Midi from : loopmidi1

The audio-routing depends on your sounndcard.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Man Rebirth brings back great memories.

I have the ipad version and started on a demo way back in 98 with my music mate at the time. I remember skipping school on occasion and going to his flat and starting up a jam session where we would just hit Spacebar at the same time (no midi sync) and had 15 minutes to jam out. I was always on programming drums and he was on the acids... Before decent sampling gear we use to record to cassette then re-sample back into the PC and create loops to mix in Fasttracker.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:50 am

The good old Tracker-Time - it was amazing to import own samples via the mod-creater into the drummachines!
even creating own mod-graphics was possible ;-) still there around - the mod-creator ?

simplemusic

Post by simplemusic » Sat May 19, 2018 5:10 am

Hi all

Very old post but I thought I'd share my success here with getting Rebirth running as rewire in Live 64 bit. Basically followed all the instructions to get it working standalone (download 32b help etc), but was struggling to get it recognised as a rewire slave.

BUT, then discovered this great 32-64bit bridge (http://www.mediafire.com/file/6s47z1qvm ... bridge.rar), which totally solves the problem. I love the rebirth interface and having it 100% synced in live is friggin' awesome.

I'm off to write some acid techno RIGHT NOW!!!

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers