Ableton Live 10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TheNobleNemesis

Ableton Live 10

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:55 am

What major features do you guys think will be (and want to be) implemented in Ableton Live 10?

yur2die4

Re: Ableton Live 10

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:02 am

Although I understand that making an awareness for this stuff can make for more clear targets in the progression of the program, I personally don't like thinking about Next versions which do not yet exist. The wishful thinking can build this great list of ideas which will lead to an inevitable letdown when everyone can't be made happy.

I think each new version would require some kind of major severe new ideas which deserve a version increase due to the large scale of progression.

I'd be more interested in ideas for decimal release updates. These things will be added, for free, And probably be integrated into the concept of the larger version upgrade.

Still, I'm one to be easily contented, with the exception of things not working as they ideally should.

Don't let this ruin the conversation haha, I just figured I would add my personal input on this subject :P

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:23 am

Proper PDC

I wanted to be FIRST memememememe

:lol:

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:36 am

I would quite like to see a dedicated iPad companion application (kind of like NI have done for Traktor).

In studio it would serve as a very good controller and HUD specific for Live. For going on the road, Live would include some tools to help you prepare and transfer your set into a form that would work nicely on the iPad companion app, so that the iPad app is also a good dedicated Live set player.

You would select what parts of tracks chains you are happy to have frozen to audio and what plugin/racks etc you want control of (of course only Live plugin would be support because only they exist on the player app). The player app would have no editing as such, just clip/scene launching and enough real time control of parameters to play a set, real time tweak it etc.
Nothing to see here - move along!

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:44 am

kinda of agree but the NI iPad app is pretty crap as a companion app really, only tow decks, doesn't sync well with iTunes

NI need to fix it

I like the new /logic app, something similar or a companion app to Push would be good, id also like to see a Push companion Live mixer, sorta like the new Livid/Point Blank collar one but betterer

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:01 am

^^ Yes agree, the traktor app aint so great, but the concept is good.
Nothing to see here - move along!

mpr47563634

Post by mpr47563634 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Two major wishes...

1. MIXING DESK : Something similar to Reason mixer, much easier to use, all inclusive (compressor etc.) no need to add tons of plugins...
2. DJing : better mixing tools for dj's.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:25 pm

-Make the second window an actual second window, were doing something in one does not limit what you see/can do in the other. So manipulating and seeing two tracks at the same time stops being an issue.
-Untie Pushs selection from the selection in Live and/or let Push only influence one of the windows mentioned above.
-I tried out Bitwig and I really like the modulation which crosses different devices and is visible on the affected parameter. Also the x/y tool is awesome. Copy the shit out if these ones :mrgreen:

This just from the top of my head....

TheNobleNemesis

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:43 pm

mpr47563634 wrote:Two major wishes...

1. MIXING DESK : Something similar to Reason mixer, much easier to use, all inclusive (compressor etc.) no need to add tons of plugins...
2. DJing : better mixing tools for dj's.
Why would you want that though? Either way, it's not going to save you any time or CPU, it'll clutter up the Live interface, and it'll just be a general pain in the ass.
As for idea two, what do you mean better mixing tools for DJs?

TheNobleNemesis

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:44 pm

TomViolenz wrote:-Make the second window an actual second window, were doing something in one does not limit what you see/can do in the other. So manipulating and seeing two tracks at the same time stops being an issue.
-Untie Pushs selection from the selection in Live and/or let Push only influence one of the windows mentioned above.
-I tried out Bitwig and I really like the modulation which crosses different devices and is visible on the affected parameter. Also the x/y tool is awesome. Copy the shit out if these ones :mrgreen:

This - and the ability to go full-screen in the second window as well.

SLEEarts

Post by SLEEarts » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:19 pm

I would really love to be able to comp takes together the way you can in almost every other DAW.

jbw

Post by jbw » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:26 pm

For 10 they need to let us turn up the output to 11...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:40 am

I would love to see a AbleTen Split. Like a Banana Split with the difference
tht you can load 2 .als and making nice transitions :twisted:

tecolo

Post by tecolo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:00 am

TomViolenz wrote:-Make the second window an actual second window, were doing something in one does not limit what you see/can do in the other. So manipulating and seeing two tracks at the same time stops being an issue.

this +1

and this:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=199283&p=1566128&hi ... e#p1566128

timday

Post by timday » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am

DITCH THE MIDI SMART SNAP DITCH THE MIDI SMART SNAP