Bitwig release date march 26

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

Re: Bitwig release date march 26

Post by eyeknow » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:05 am

shadx312 wrote:I have a Morgan Freeman impersonator read me a chapter of the manual every weeknight before I go to sleep.
He does it behind a podium.
:lol:

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:25 pm

UncleAge wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:I think even Uhe gave you a discount on Zebra for cross grading from a hardware synth.
And a picture was all that was needed.
I wonder if my Yamaha SW1000XG would qualify. Despite being a soundcard it was more of a synth.

Ruhenstand

Post by Ruhenstand » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:39 am

3dot... wrote:
Proj3ktDharma wrote: Looks like
I suggest you try the demo first....

btw...
LFOs in bitwig are different than max for live, to control 2 or more parameters at a time with the LFO you need to assign the macro to those parameters and then the LFO to the macro. In other words max LFO can only control one knob at a time, bitwig LFO can control all the knbos that you want just drag and drop.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 am

And you don't have to pay extra for a 3rd party addition to use it.
:roll: smh
ImageImage

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:35 am

Again, I have no doubt that bitwig will have some really cool stuff. Right now, it's not completely clear what it WILL do and WON'T do. I have no plans for the demo, but anxiously await to hear the week after live is released all the things that are different (I'll try and filter out all the OMGITSSOAWSOME stuff :lol: )

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:08 am

Ruhenstand wrote:
3dot... wrote:
Proj3ktDharma wrote: Looks like
I suggest you try the demo first....

btw...
LFOs in bitwig are different than max for live, to control 2 or more parameters at a time with the LFO you need to assign the macro to those parameters and then the LFO to the macro. In other words max LFO can only control one knob at a time, bitwig LFO can control all the knbos that you want just drag and drop.
Not really... All you need to do is open the patch and select and copy/paste for more mod. destinations

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:08 am

3dot... wrote: Not really... All you need to do is open the patch and select and copy/paste for more mod. destinations

I actually learned something useful in a Bitwig thread 8O

Slacker4hire

Post by Slacker4hire » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:32 pm

eyeknow wrote:Not really... All you need to do is open the patch and select and copy/paste for more mod. destinations
this is actually really cool, but I don't think the issue is the amount of destinations so much as that the destination becoming 'greyed out' once it's mapped.

in bitwig the destination remains editable.
10.9 - Live 9.1/M4L - Studio One 2.6.2 - Komplete 9 ultimate - Maschine 2.0 MK2 plus random goodies and a ton of unused hardware.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Slacker4hire wrote:
eyeknow wrote:Not really... All you need to do is open the patch and select and copy/paste for more mod. destinations
this is actually really cool, but I don't think the issue is the amount of destinations so much as that the destination becoming 'greyed out' once it's mapped.

Odd, I didn't make this quote.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Slacker4hire wrote:

modulating parameters in Live (rather than "take-over"/greyed out) ...is done in Live via clip envelopes
I assume we will have access to it via M4L not so long into the future...

don't get me wrong about BitWig... I LOVE some of the ideas incorporated into it...
I will be giving BW a fair shot... if it sticks then I'd be more than happy... i'd be thrilled.. I love having new toys

that was the way when I switched from Cubase to Live.. it was a smooth and natural transition...
I simply started launching live much more than Cubase.. until i felt it was bit redundant for my needs...

I just don't want to get my hopes up too much for a V1 release... :wink:
Ableton Live and Cycling74 are companies with a very mature software... and also as a company/brand
M4L integration has been released a long time ago and keeps evolving.
competition is good for us :mrgreen:

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am

eyeknow wrote: Odd, I didn't make this quote.
NSA glitch, we're sorry.Move on, nothing to see here.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:07 pm

haha!