Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Re: Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Post by 10110101 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Bounce in place
Mouse scroll support everywhere
More Stability

THA-REAPER

Post by THA-REAPER » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:47 am

TomViolenz wrote:
THA-REAPER wrote:Image

I just want to be able to open up the parent instrument of my midi track from anywhere in the project if its routed that way...If you had a full project with various instrument plugins it can get very confusing with routings...It would be so much easier to click the wrench from any of them and the plugin opens up instead of digging for that one parent track that contains instrument...which controls a batch of your midi tracks. Most daws do this now.

Same goes for effects...maybe implement something to the far left in the device chain to let you know if audio is being sent to it from another track or send "think midi effects to the far left always first in chain" so we wont be blind to this. I realize that we have the audio to and from portion but I think it would be easier to see all at once rather than scrolling left and right.
-ShowDeviceSlots

Puting this into your Options.txt aleviates that somewhat.
It shows a overview of some sort yes, but it still doesn't take you right to your instrument directly. Also the bugs havent been ironed out yet...but +1 on show device slots.

This is what I was describing. Here even though i'm on track 25 I won't need to go all the way into track 12 which is kontakt to pull up my Vst instrument my midi track is routed to...Click the wrench boom ready to edit your vst settings. Definitly will improve workflow.

sach160

Post by sach160 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:04 am

+1 for mouse wheel zoom. I can't for the life of me see why such an easy to add function has never been added. I can only conjecture that at Ableton HQ their mice have no scroll wheels.

addi307

Post by addi307 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:50 am

Puuuh sooo many things:

-New Effect: Envelope Shaper like in Cubase etc.
-Improved Auto Filter: New Filter Characteristics (Ladder, 303, ARP), better Algorithm
-Better Timestretch
-Improving Drum Racks: Better Timestretch, more Features (like Battery) included EQ for every Cell for example
-DRUM RACK COLORS!!!!!!!!! -> Like in Maschine -> Coloring every Drum Cell and see the respective colors in the Midi Editor and on Push!!!
-Improving Sampler: Better Timestretch (Interpolation / Kontakt sounds much better!!!!) Better Filter etc.
-Better Summing in the Audio Engine.(Logic sounds better)

PLEASE <3

Gnuus

Post by Gnuus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Polyphonic aftertouch!
http://myspace.com/aftronics
Live 10 Intro | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16 GB Ram | Samaon Graphite 49 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | iPad air | ZOOM TAC-2 | Roland TD11

Aldanor

Post by Aldanor » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:12 pm

bounce in place
bounce in place
bounce in place

retina support
retina support
retina support

ytsek

Post by ytsek » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Sysex support

ASIO Device Aggregation

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Basically everything bitwig does that live doesn't, because I do NOT want to switch, but I very much want the following functionality:

-bounce in place (c'mon already!!!!)

-polyphonic per-note automation (for pan, pitch, vol, etc. this is very 2014 :P )

-layered editing (should have been introduced long ago..Studio 1 has had it for years)

-massively improved transfer of scenes from Session to Arrangement. Just look at how freakishly easy it is to drag a scene from session to arrangement in Bitwig, then try the same thing in Live. it's absurd. the channels don't line up properly, the short clips don't loop automatically to length of the longest clip in the scene, meaning you have to manually drag them all out -- bitwig takes care of all of this. ableton apparently thinks we all still hit record and 'live jam' our scenes into the arrangement. riiight.

-modulation.. those dinky M4L devices can't compete with bitwig's fully integrated modulation system.
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

dolomick

Post by dolomick » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Automation delay compensation, scrollwheel zooming would make my year. Retina support too.

deva

Post by deva » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Gnuus wrote:Polyphonic aftertouch!
+100

deva

Post by deva » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:14 pm

mholloway wrote:Basically everything bitwig does that live doesn't, because I do NOT want to switch, but I very much want the following functionality:

-bounce in place (c'mon already!!!!)

-polyphonic per-note automation (for pan, pitch, vol, etc. this is very 2014 :P )

-layered editing (should have been introduced long ago..Studio 1 has had it for years)

-massively improved transfer of scenes from Session to Arrangement. Just look at how freakishly easy it is to drag a scene from session to arrangement in Bitwig, then try the same thing in Live. it's absurd. the channels don't line up properly, the short clips don't loop automatically to length of the longest clip in the scene, meaning you have to manually drag them all out -- bitwig takes care of all of this. ableton apparently thinks we all still hit record and 'live jam' our scenes into the arrangement. riiight.

-modulation.. those dinky M4L devices can't compete with bitwig's fully integrated modulation system.
+100

njh

Post by njh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:11 am

Why dont anyone ever mention better tempo options? No one else would like automatic tempo mapping or a tempo mapping system like cubase, protools or logic? Its very useful if you want to sound like an actual band recording everything in the same room to tape.
It seems like a program called live would have a better tempo mapping system than any other program since alot of people who use live also record live.
Last edited by njh on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:14 am

BTW does anyone try the current Live betas?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 am

I haven't yet.